Priorities for buyables

L0rdAki

I'm melee slaying, hoping to make a profit while i level up, if that makes a difference. Got 42m to spend, unsure of what's the next thing I should spend it on/aim for. Could someone rank these in which I should aim for?

-Super Antifires

-Extremes

-Overloads

-80 prayer

-Soul Split

-Turmoil

-Claws

-Bandos/Dfs

-99 range (for arma, presumably)

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I'd say 99 range. Out of all the things listed that you can afford, 99 range is probably your best bet.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you are trying to get slayer pretty high, then I would say.

Bandos

Super antifire

Claws

Turmoil

Soul Split

Extremes

Overloads

99 Range

80 prayer

DFS is nice, but pretty much the only task that it is usuful for is skeletal wyverns, and I would advise just blocking them instead, it is totally worth the points. Also, don't make the mistake of buying aquanites from kuradel, they are a long, low xp, annoying task. I did and now im stuck skipping them cause I dont want to waste a spot on my block list.

If your intent is to make money using slayer so you can buy some lvls and go to GWD or something, I would change it around a bit.

Bandos

Claws

99 Range

Turmoil

Soul Split

Extremes

Overloads

80 Prayer

You can then sell the bandos and claws when you are finished with slayer, and you will hopefully end up with quite a bit more then you started with.

pere_grin.png

Bandos is horribly overrated don't listen to Perenarb.

Bandos should be the abosolute last thing you get for melee slayer.

I'd go with:

-Extremes + Superfire

-Claws

-Turmoil

-Overloads

-Bandos

DFS stinks for slayer. Its horribly overrated and a huge waste of money.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

LOL Bandos sucks unless you have 200m+ spare cash. The best setup i find is verac's skirt + prossy plate.

Heres how i would rank them considering you want them for SLAYER only, i'm not taking MH into consideration.

Turmoil+SS

Extremes

Claws

Super antifires.

Rest you DO NOT need simply for melle slayer. Overloads can be nice for waterfiend/mithril dragon tasks, but they are not neccesary by any means.

EDIT: Just relised you do not have yak. Changed priority.

MujGunGetDiv.png

If you are trying to get slayer pretty high, then I would say.

Bandos

Super antifire

Claws

Turmoil

Soul Split

Extremes

Overloads

99 Range

80 prayer

DFS is nice, but pretty much the only task that it is usuful for is skeletal wyverns, and I would advise just blocking them instead, it is totally worth the points. Also, don't make the mistake of buying aquanites from kuradel, they are a long, low xp, annoying task. I did and now im stuck skipping them cause I dont want to waste a spot on my block list.

If your intent is to make money using slayer so you can buy some lvls and go to GWD or something, I would change it around a bit.

Bandos

Claws

99 Range

Turmoil

Soul Split

Extremes

Overloads

80 Prayer

You can then sell the bandos and claws when you are finished with slayer, and you will hopefully end up with quite a bit more then you started with.

Bahahahaha! I got quite a laugh out of seeing 80 prayer after soul split...speaking of which, isn't soul split a lower level prayer then turmoil? lol

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You're not slaying with ranged, so 99 ranged is a low priority. Bandos and d claws are unnecessary upgrades, also low priority. That leaves prayer and herblore. I'd say Prayer > Herblore.

i get pretty decent exp an hr w/ o bandos or claws

id say get prayer higher to last longer on task and use piety/superpot til u can upgrade to extremes/turmoil

prayergear usually trumps bandos so id suggest claws b4 it for slayer.

StarViv.png

It's unlikely that 42M is buying you soul split or turmoil, although they'd be nice.

Additionally, from 70-95 Herb is EXTREMELY expensive for overloads; probably closer to 100M depending on method.

Good barrows armor is all you need to slay effectively and make a lot of money. While it isn't that popular, I also ADORE my SGS for slaying, although that seems out of your price range. Whip + rune defender work quite nicely too.

stormveritas.png

Epic bumpage, i've been away >_>

So the general consensus is that I should save for prayer?

I could get to 81/2 herb with my current cash and stew for super antifires...

I do currently piety all tasks, I realise how much of a difference that turmoil would make, but is it worth losing oppertunity cost waiting for it?

Well I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago, and I figured that the cost of pray and herb is only going to go up, as more and more people finish saving up for the supplies, so the conclusion that I came to was that spending my available cash on prayer was the best idea, because (like you) i did not have enough for overloads, so I decided that i would benefit a lot more from having a higher pray lvl than a higher herb lvl. As far as opportunity cost, I would say investing in your skills is generally a good idea.

goro_fujita.png

If you are aiming for durable slaying:

Your first priority would be either Extremes/Super antifires and/or 95 prayer!

Herblore:

These enable quicker tasks, easier time on dragons (all metal + black dragons)

Also on every task, combined with the berserker curse, extremes are an absolute win. Unlock curses + 71 prayer minimal.

80 prayer doesn't really add much, if you are aiming for something aim higher. If you have the money (even after the herblore)

A minimal of 71 prayer is a must. But if you have the cash for only prayer or only for herblore. Aim for 71 prayer with curses and extremes.

Otherwise, definitly 95 prayer with extremes

Secondairy to all is the bandos / 99 range / claws. Bandos is highly overrated (is is marginally best but costs millions upon millions extra) and claws aren't THAT useful. A single spec in a case where Enhanced Excalibur / GS' does the job just as well or better. A DFS is overrated and generaly useful. Especially if you managed to unlock super antifires. 99 range is (in my opinion) a waste as 99% of the slayer tasks can and should be meleed.

So short:

71 prayer + Extremes

95 prayer + Overloads

Claws

99 ranged

Bandos / DFS / ...

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Herblore:

Also on every task, combined with the berserker curse, extremes are an absolute win. Unlock curses + 71 prayer minimal.

80 prayer doesn't really add much, if you are aiming for something aim higher. If you have the money (even after the herblore)

A minimal of 71 prayer is a must. But if you have the cash for only prayer or only for herblore. Aim for 71 prayer with curses and extremes.

Secondairy to all is the bandos / 99 range / claws. Bandos is highly overrated (is is marginally best but costs millions upon millions extra) and claws aren't THAT useful. A single spec in a case where Enhanced Excalibur / GS' does the job just as well or better. A DFS is overrated and generaly useful. Especially if you managed to unlock super antifires. 99 range is (in my opinion) a waste as 99% of the slayer tasks can and should be meleed.

So short:

71 prayer + Extremes

95 prayer + Overloads

Claws

99 ranged

Bandos / DFS / ...

Well, overloads are uneffected by the berserker curse.

In my opinion go for the prayer, then herblore, claws, ranged, etc

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I haven't really come to a conclusion yet...>_>

I'm going to check grimy's spreadsheets and find the gp/exp for different bones. Then i'll get prayer up.

Prayer seems to be the consensus, and a high prayer level would help (especially with me pietying all tasks), but while i'm slaying my bankworth up is it worth just sitting on like 85 prayer when i could have extremes?

EDIT: My 42m will get me to 83 prayer and 81 herblore.

Bump.

Gonna chill for a bit at greens, making some cash, and dunging at the same time.

Herblore:

So short:

71 prayer + Extremes

95 prayer + Overloads

Claws

99 ranged

Bandos / DFS / ...

Well, extremes/overload are uneffected by the berserker curse.

Sorry for just jumping in the thread, but can anyone confirm that extremes are unaffected by the berserker curse? Never heard of this. :oops:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Herblore:

So short:

71 prayer + Extremes

95 prayer + Overloads

Claws

99 ranged

Bandos / DFS / ...

Well, extremes/overload are uneffected by the berserker curse.

Sorry for just jumping in the thread, but can anyone confirm that extremes are unaffected by the berserker curse? Never heard of this. :oops:

Overloads aren't affected as they last for 5 mins then jump back to normal, extremes how ever get lower over time. So yes, beserker does work with exts but not ovls.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]