Dungeoneering - The Charmchompa

Triquos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I just don't like the idea of a minigame that lets you practically fully AFK at everything.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

i like it.

Would it pick up abyssal and obby charms too?

Yup if you got an abyssal or obby charm drop it would be picked up if you toggled the Charmchompa 'on' for those particular charms

2vuhgcn.png

• 3 weeks later...

I support!!

Hell, this is good enough for me to actually give Dungeoneering a try. I have only raised it through ToG, Lamps and Book's of Knowledge. This update would make me go to the place and actually train the "skill".

I can't tell you how many charms I have missed out on (gold and green) simply because I just couldn't be bothered to run around and pick them all up. I'd probably be a much higher summoning level than I am now actually.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Bright idea and covered any aspect required to make an item like that work.

Great job, you have my support, we could definitly do with something like that not only because there's not enough dung rewards but because this would perfectly fit in the game and most importantly it's a handy item that will most likely be used a lot, unlike many other dung rewards.

I think even if they relase the second batch and bring out 200% more items than they previously did it would still not have enough items, minigames have more items availible -.-

Not even all the items within deamonheim as one cannot enter a dungeon fully armed, so what's the point of the many many many many items when you can only save 3 at max lv?

Gah dung sucks ass

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Eh I'm a bit on the fence. It seems handy enough but more so for the lazy player.

I have no problem picking up my charms at the same time I get anything else the creature may drop. If anything it'll just make exp quicker and I think its decent enough as is.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

That's cool =D I can see how it would look lazy. I guess I'm just annoyed that since Summoning came out, you feel obliged to pick up charms whether you need them or not, and it takes say 2 seconds to right-click and walk up to the corpse and pick up the charms. Times that by say, 180 monsters for a slayer task, that's a minimum of 6 minutes per task, taken out of my time where I could be training/killing something else. To me that's a lot of time if you do 5+ tasks a day.

Also...

99summonpic.jpg

Even though I'm 99 summoning now, I still want my charms picked up regardless XD I only pick up crimsons and blues now though, as I really can't be bothered wasting my time picking up greens and golds when I can immediately click on the next monster to kill =D

2vuhgcn.png

That's cool =D I can see how it would look lazy. I guess I'm just annoyed that since Summoning came out, you feel obliged to pick up charms whether you need them or not, and it takes say 2 seconds to right-click and walk up to the corpse and pick up the charms. Times that by say, 180 monsters for a slayer task, that's a minimum of 6 minutes per task, taken out of my time where I could be training/killing something else. To me that's a lot of time if you do 5+ tasks a day.

Also...

99summonpic.jpg

Even though I'm 99 summoning now, I still want my charms picked up regardless XD I only pick up crimsons and blues now though, as I really can't be bothered wasting my time picking up greens and golds when I can immediately click on the next monster to kill =D

It's worth noting that you can pick items up without spending any extra time if you time it correctly. The charmchompa provides convenience; it doesn't save time.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Before summoning came out though at least 90% of my time killing monsters was fast because 10% or less of that time, the monster dropped something good. This meant I could immediately attack the next monster, saving me at least 2 seconds from waiting for the monster to die/right clicking/picking up any charms. Now 2 seconds doesn't sound like much, but when you times that by, say, 180 monsters for a slayer task, that's 6 minutes wasted. 10 tasks in a day = 1 hour wasted! :o

To me 1 hour is a lot of time I could be doing something else and we never had this problem before summoning. I noticed other people wait around until the monster dies, just for the charms. Also sometimes I get so frustrated I just immediately attack the next monster like I did before summoning, to find a nice amount of charms *right clicks, walks over to pick them up* 2 seconds wasted.

I suppose I don't have to pick charms up now that I have level 99, but I still feel obliged to pick them up because well, one day all skills might go up to 120 for whatever reason and it would be handy to have all the crimsons/blue charms needed for it XD

I hope jagex think about it at least.

Another item I have been wondering about is a herb bag. We already have a gem and coal bag, but considering almost every monster drops herbs, it would be another great dungeoneering item reward which everyone would want to spend their tokens on. As there are so many herb drops, it wastes our valuable inventory space and, most of the time, our precious food!

2vuhgcn.png

110% support

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Before summoning came out though at least 90% of my time killing monsters was fast because 10% or less of that time, the monster dropped something good. This meant I could immediately attack the next monster, saving me at least 2 seconds from waiting for the monster to die/right clicking/picking up any charms. Now 2 seconds doesn't sound like much, but when you times that by, say, 180 monsters for a slayer task, that's 6 minutes wasted. 10 tasks in a day = 1 hour wasted! :o

To me 1 hour is a lot of time I could be doing something else and we never had this problem before summoning. I noticed other people wait around until the monster dies, just for the charms. Also sometimes I get so frustrated I just immediately attack the next monster like I did before summoning, to find a nice amount of charms *right clicks, walks over to pick them up* 2 seconds wasted.

I suppose I don't have to pick charms up now that I have level 99, but I still feel obliged to pick them up because well, one day all skills might go up to 120 for whatever reason and it would be handy to have all the crimsons/blue charms needed for it XD

Another item I have been wondering about is a herb bag. We already have a gem and coal bag, but considering almost every monster drops herbs, it would be another great dungeoneering item reward which everyone would want to spend their tokens on. As there are so many herb drops, it wastes our valuable inventory space and, most of the time, our precious food!

Like I said, it's easily possible to pick drops and charms up without spending any extra time whatsoever. You should really learn how to do it; it's a useful skill.

dgs5.jpg

Support.

I'm 99 summoning myself and on my road to 99 slayer I leave a lot of crimsons/blues. Reminds me of the time when I collected all charms and that last batch of gold charms got me to the next lvl. :razz:

And why are the supporters blamed for being lazy? If it becomes a reward for dungeoneering, we got to have tokens to obtain it...

Like I said, it's easily possible to pick drops and charms up without spending any extra time whatsoever. You should really learn how to do it; it's a useful skill.

I do know how to summon thanks :) I have level 99 in it, if anyone should know what it's like to train it properly, it would be me. Anyway I will leave it at that, as right now I feel I am walking in circles with this conversation.

2vuhgcn.png

I do know how to summon thanks :) I have level 99 in it, if anyone should know what it's like to train it properly, it would be me. Anyway I will leave it at that, as right now I feel I am walking in circles with this conversation.

I have 99 summoning, too.

Sorry, I'm just a little confused by you saying that your suggestion would save time when it wouldn't for any player who knew how to pick up drops between hits. It's an excellent idea, absolutely, but only for convenience, not for saving time.

dgs5.jpg