Fastest way to 99 in each skill - spreadsheet

Jard_Y_Dooku

What is the fastest way to 99 in each skill? I'm looking for realistic methods, and none of them have to be profitable (e.g. if fishing trout/salmon is faster XP than monkfish, so be it). Post multiple methods if you know of them, e.g. a slightly less expensive way. Please include any details you know, such as XP/hr, and do include methods than utilize boosts such as proto-tools and brawling gloves.

Also, I am curious - is the experience gain given by proto-tools enough to justify the time spent getting them, and is it enough to justify the money saved in certain skills, and if so, which ones?

The reason for all this is that I am working on a spreadsheet to determine the best methods for gaining 99 in any skill and so that we can perform various calculations to find the time and cost required. RuneScape mathematics are always fun.

Here is the spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AowEedKb65lOdFNpbWI0V3U1RlQxczh2R3NhMDJlUmc&hl=en&ui=2

I will update it periodically as info is posted.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

you can find all this info on my spreadsheets

I calculate the most efficient methods for most skills, just don't take the xp/gp rates for the "incomplete" spreadsheets with an extra grain of salt.

I also don't bother with xp rates for fishing/wcing/agility/etc because the most efficient way of training those skills should be obvious

i'll pull out some of that the high xp ones for you if you don't feel like looking there though

Runecrafting - ZMI solo - 55k xp/hour? 0 profit to some profit depending on level i believe

i've considered hiring a friend to help run ZMI essence with me

you can pay a random friend up to 240k per 15 minutes afterall, which is enough to buy some people

Crafting:

Air battlestaffs - 280k xp/hour assuming it takes 8 seconds to bank and click make-x

Black D'hide Bodies - 380k xp/hour assuming it takes 5 seconds to bank and click make-all

Cooking:

Wines - 400k xp/hour assuming it takes 8 seconds to bank and click make-x

Rocktails - 300k xp/hour assuming it takes 8 seconds to bank and click cook-x

Bake Summer Pie Spell - 360k xp/hour assuming it takes 5 seconds to bank and cast the spell, magic xp on the side

Smithing

superheat/smelt gold ore simultaneously - 136k xp/hour assuming 1 run = 27 gold ores, taking 40 seconds (15 ores are superheated, 12 are smelted)

Adamant Platebody (SC) - 200k xp/hour assuming it takes 10 seconds to bank, and you get 5 SC tools per hour, no pack yak

Adamant Platebody - 255k xp/hour assuming it takes 10 seconds to bank, no pack yak

Runite Kiteshield (SC) - 190k xp/hour assuming it takes 10 seconds to bank, and you get 5 SC tools per hour, no pack yak

Runite Kiteshield - 230k xp/hour assuming it takes 10 seconds to bank, no pack yak

Naaxi.png

it's worthless posting about xp with sc tools or brawlers because for the time taken to get them, they are not worth it. So here goes..

Agility- barb outpost high, ~60k

Construction- many methods for extreme xp but mahog planks are around 350k, oak planks 240k

Cooking- sharks 220k, summer pies with spell 350k

Crafting- green or black bodys, 230k or 370k xp an hour

Farming- Magics, palms, kalquats, torstols and watermelons all at the same time.

Firemaking- magic logs with all the extra xp items- some 300k h

Fishing- 60k barb fishing, 50k cavefish

Fletching- addy bolts around 400k h

Herblore- overloads, no idea on the xp

Hunter- red chins 120k+

Magic- barrage at atoll skeles, prob above 400k h with all these new bonus items

Melee- prob still armored zombies, but they really aren't worth it.

Mining- Gold deposits, 65k

Prayer- gilded altar, around 1400 bones an hour, dragon or dagganoth

Ranged- chinning atoll skeles, around 300k

Rc- ourania with ardy cape, 50k or so

Slayer- not sure, but i'm guessing that for maximum efficiency, duradel/lapalok is fastest master now

Smithing- rune 2h-s, around 190k, dragon plates if you want to be cool.

Summoning- chaotic maul at waterfiends/max mage at rock lobs

Thieving- should be pyramid plunder still, 250k

Woodcutting- fast dropping at teaks is supposed to achieve above 100k/h

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

actualy crafting isnt dhide bodies, its gem cutting

diamond are about as fast as blk bodys, and dstone are faster

its actualy practical if you have a good cash stack, theyre easier to buy in bulk than you might think, you dont loose much money

its actualy, you need tons of cash, but you dont loose alot of cash

slayer is obvious, the "maxed setup" turm ovl cannon rapier etc

fletching is a toss up based on your idea of practical between broad arrows, addy bolts, and some realy expensive ones like dragon darts

herb is extreme mages for price probably, but ovls are fastest

all forms of combat (beside mage) is slayer, because assuming you want to find the fastest way to "max out" any non slayer method leaves you with having to do 1-99 a second time around if u do slay after maxing combat

id say sting ammy and plank make for mage, assuming you dont want to barrage skeletons, also ice wyrms are about 120k xp/h single combat. but must be on task

agilty is barb couse, since agil brawlers dont grow on trees its most practical source

mining is actualy granite, but you get most efficient, easy, and total xp/h off superheating as you mine concentrated gold

wc is the sawmil minigame at about 100k/h however ivy is afkable but....the best overall xp source is teaks, you get about 90k/h but you get a bonous 30k fm xp from adze, although not as easy as ivy still pretty simple

summoning wil be taken entirely care of if you get 99 slayer

dungeoneering, kill bosses in daemonheim im sure if anyone doesnt knwo this they havent played in 2 months

prayer is ourg bones, but dag bones are way cheaper and almost as fast, but the equilibrium is prob dbones between speed and cost, therefore dbones = most practical

smithing is addy plates using a pack yak and the "make x option"

farming is mage trees but however, torstol is 10k xp per run and can be done every 1-2 hours, and is huge profit so i prefer this over expensive mage trees any day, however calquat and pineapples daily = 40k xp for only about 150k, amazing if you ask me

cooking is summer pies or wines

zmi for rc, nat company is about 80k xp/h but died thanks to trade limits, btu it can be assisted for 30k xp per day so technicaly runners is still fastest

con zombi impling jars to get those curved and long bones, its about 1.5m xp/h total and 3x the price of mahogany tables, which is about 800k/h, so yes its rediculosly expensive but as far as the skill itsself goes its just barely practical, however id stick with tables or dung doors

fish is barb heavy rod fishing, feel free to alch or fletch between fish if your zarfot

thieving is the new blackjackable things at guild at abtuo 300k/h

hunter is black warlocks barehanded

fm is mage logs, feel free to fletch between fires if your zarfot (ive personaly tried its not that bad, i can do it for 30 mins without risk if loosing a chunk of my soul)

most of these are based off a mixture of math, my experience, and zarfots methods im pretty sure i listed the fastest for every skill

many of the comments above are wrong, simply tell me if you dont think so and ill either prove this is faster or admit you have a better method, but so far reading these ive seen alot of common answers such as "dhide bodies" "armoed zombies" "dungeon doors" "pyramid plunder" so these are commonly believed fastest but they are not

oh if someone posts "bandits" for melee can i please please please have permision to flame them for 1 post :pray:

a_final_name.png

would you explain how you use a yak on smithing? wouldn't it waste time doing so? also is there a new anvil so you can bank in 10 seconds?

would you explain how you use a yak on smithing? wouldn't it waste time doing so? also is there a new anvil so you can bank in 10 seconds?

you can use the pack yak for smithing the same way you do the altar-99 trick with altaring bones, it does help marginally

i'd imagine you know the make-99 trick, but i'll explain it anyways

you click make-x, and select a large number (say make 99 addy platebodies

as you are smithing the 25 addy bars in you inventory, spam the take from BOB button

you'll continue smithing as you withdraw the bars from you BOB.

and isn't the varrock bank-anvil roughly a 10 second run/bank?

you can use pack yaks for other skills like making air bstaffs/potions as well, although it is ALOT more clicking, for marginally more xp/hour

Naaxi.png

you can use the pack yak for smithing the same way you do the altar-99 trick with altaring bones, it does help marginally

i'd imagine you know the make-99 trick, but i'll explain it anyways

you click make-x, and select a large number (say make 99 addy platebodies

as you are smithing the 25 addy bars in you inventory, spam the take from BOB button

you'll continue smithing as you withdraw the bars from you BOB.

and isn't the varrock bank-anvil roughly a 10 second run/bank?

you can use pack yaks for other skills like making air bstaffs/potions as well, although it is ALOT more clicking, for marginally more xp/hour

nope, had no idea of this 'trick'. Seems i don't know quite a few ''glitched'' efficient training methods, like smalting in 2 ways at the time:S

nope, had no idea of this 'trick'. Seems i don't know quite a few ''glitched'' efficient training methods, like smalting in 2 ways at the time:S

i don't think they're "glitched" per se

jagex already knows about simultaneous spellcasting, but they only nerfed the ones with seriously wtfhax xp rates

i'm guessing you haven't heard about string amulet-bake pie simultaneously?

or Contact NPC spell spam?

now those were some seriously messed up xp rates when they still worked :P

Naaxi.png

i don't think they're "glitched" per se

jagex already knows about simultaneous spellcasting, but they only nerfed the ones with seriously wtfhax xp rates

i'm guessing you haven't heard about string amulet-bake pie simultaneously?

or Contact NPC spell spam?

now those were some seriously messed up xp rates when they still worked :P

ah well... atleast i was one of the last people to get 99 magic with charge- now that was some crazy experiance(2.5m an hour)

Extreme Ranging Potions would be the most XP per hour for Herblore. Overloads give 1000 exp per potion, but the fact you can only make 4 per inventory, plus the banking time, makes it quite inferior to Extreme Ranging Potions.

Grenwall Spikes are stackable, which means that you can make 27 potions as opposed to the regular 14 for most other potions, which results in less banking as well.

Extreme Ranging Potions would be the most XP per hour for Herblore. Overloads give 1000 exp per potion, but the fact you can only make 4 per inventory, plus the banking time, makes it quite inferior to Extreme Ranging Potions.

Grenwall Spikes are stackable, which means that you can make 27 potions as opposed to the regular 14 for most other potions, which results in less banking as well.

overloads are still the faster overall xp

you can make any of the 4 other pots abuot 90% as fast as ranging, and you can make 1100 ovls per hour with zarfots method making 1.1m xp/h once theyre already made

its about 600-700k xp/h total counting every step

the fastest xp/h can be found on most of zarfots videos for skills, hes a bit famous for efficiency rather than grinding

a_final_name.png

Yea Advanced barb is more close to 50k ish xp an hour. It's only like 20 xp more than Gnome, and takes longer to complete. My max at Ape atoll was 45k an hour, non stop concentrating.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yea Advanced barb is more close to 50k ish xp an hour. It's only like 20 xp more than Gnome, and takes longer to complete. My max at Ape atoll was 45k an hour, non stop concentrating.

50k xp/hour with advanced barb sounds far too low unless you're still low enough level to be failing

RS wiki says 72k+ xp/hour is possible with perfect button clicking, and i'm inclined to believe this as max xp rates are fairly easy to measure.

65k xp/hour at barb advanced should be expected from any serious agility trainer, who is 93+ agility or is willing to pot/pie up to 93+ agility.

Naaxi.png

I've done advanced barb for about 300k ish I think, anyways, I don't fall that often. But Gnome gives 725 xp, Barb gives 740 xp and I wasn't getting very high xp. Eh I'll give it another go around once I reach 93 agility.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Nonstop concentrating at Barbarian Advanced Course is 72k/hour

Faster exp with penance horn but whether it's worth it to get it is entirely up to your BA team.

2496 Completionist

You can burn 1390 logs per hour leading to ~440k exp per hour with magic logs.

Fletching broad arrows are ~600k exp per hour.

Sawmill is 115k exp/hour.

Cooking curry should be over 550k exp/hour.

Summoning over 2m (geyser titans + kyatt).

Runecrafting like 55k with ZMI.

Agility 72k (Barbarian Outpost).

Herblore overloads ~1m.

Granite mining ~73k.

Barbarian fishing ~67k.

Prayer with ourg bones ~680k (gilded).

Source: German exp/hour records ( http://www.rscommunity.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=748&Itemid=69 ).

[404] Signature not found.

you all have wayyyy too much time on your hands

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

says the tip it editor.

Xpx: All those new bonus only affect one target (at least the staff and extreme mage pot bonus) so it won't speed up your experience much at all.

I also think addy plates are faster than a 3 bar rune item.

says the tip it editor.

Xpx: All those new bonus only affect one target (at least the staff and extreme mage pot bonus) so it won't speed up your experience much at all.

I also think addy plates are faster than a 3 bar rune item.

its actually writer, and i havent even had an article posted since i just got in, under my clan leader asking me if i wanted to give it a go. says the person that goes around and trolls the forums.

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

Nonstop concentrating at Barbarian Advanced Course is 72k/hour

Faster exp with penance horn but whether it's worth it to get it is entirely up to your BA team.

Wtf? Srs? What am I doing wrong >.<

you can find all this info on my spreadsheets

I calculate the most efficient methods for most skills, just don't take the xp/gp rates for the "incomplete" spreadsheets with an extra grain of salt.

I also don't bother with xp rates for fishing/wcing/agility/etc because the most efficient way of training those skills should be obvious

i'll pull out some of that the high xp ones for you if you don't feel like looking there though

Runecrafting - ZMI solo - 55k xp/hour? 0 profit to some profit depending on level i believe

i've considered hiring a friend to help run ZMI essence with me

you can pay a random friend up to 240k per 15 minutes afterall, which is enough to buy some people

Crafting:

Air battlestaffs - 280k xp/hour assuming it takes 8 seconds to bank and click make-x

Black D'hide Bodies - 380k xp/hour assuming it takes 5 seconds to bank and click make-all

Cooking:

Wines - 400k xp/hour assuming it takes 8 seconds to bank and click make-x

Rocktails - 300k xp/hour assuming it takes 8 seconds to bank and click cook-x

Bake Summer Pie Spell - 360k xp/hour assuming it takes 5 seconds to bank and cast the spell, magic xp on the side

Bake pie can be well over 360k xp/hour, you should be able to cast the spell 1,800 times an hour pretty easily with mousekeys.

Also, advanced barb is 72k xp/hour assuming perfect laps for the entire hour. 65k xp/hour should would be a decent average.

bandits r best combat expe.

I second that

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png