World Cup 2010 - South Africa!

OldJoe

anyone wanna run a fantasy game for TIF? ill do it tonight if people are interested. gonna use fifa.com

and yeah i meant http://en.wikipedia..../UEFA_Euro_2008

I'd play. I already have a bracket on ESPN (picking Spain to win it all).

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. register @ http://www.fifa.com/theclub/myprofile/index.htmx

2. click on validation email

3. on the site, click on "games"

4. click activate "McDonald’s FIFA World Cup Fantasy"

5. set up your team. 2 players limit from each country

6. in "my leagues", "Join a private league" and the code is 515507-113916

June 12 - USA vs. England :ohnoes:

For the rest of the cup, I'll be rooting for my great grandparents' home country of ITALY.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Spain perform like they can and whether Argentina suffer because of Maradona.

Of course Spain will perform, it's just how well they'll perform against other equally strong teams like Argentina and Italy. And why would Argentina suffer due to Maradona's coaching ?

Because he left out Zanetti and Cambiasso. Check how they did during the qualifiers... And he has used around 100 players since he took over. He is their hero, he is a football god, but he is not a good coach.

OldJoe's got it correct. As an Argentine who watches Argentine news once in a while, Maradona isn't really putting all his skilled efforts into this. The players mostly don't know each other and have trust issues. I don't think we'll make it far, but I really wish I will be wrong.

That said, I'm obviously going for Argentina first, second any other American continents countries, then I guess Italy. Spain is the bandwagon this year and their cockiness in the sport makes me hope they loose.

The World Cup is one of the few times I actually watch the sport, and I'll try to watch Argentina vs. Nigeria and USA vs. England on Saturday if my job training doesn't interfere. God I hope not.

(USA better win that game. Down with the Brits!)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In.

You should set up a predictor league too.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Adrenal, why do you think Italy is such a strong country? They aren't very strong at this point in time.

I'm cheering for Holland of course. We're going to win that cup with two fingers in our nose. :thumbup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Signed up to the fantasy.

Never played these fantasy games, only FM, so we'll see how it goes lol.

E: Why is the tactics [bleep]ing? I want to change some players positions, but when i press confirm it messes all up... Annoying.

E2: "Three foreign journalists victims to a armed robbery" http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/09/1966342/world-cup-2010-three-foreign-journalists-robbed-at-gunpoint

Just the other day there was also a story about a Korean reporter being robbed.

I wonder if there will be any murders, wouldn't surprise me. Would be interesting to see how many incidents there was during the World Cup after it is finished.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I think Brazil will win, Spain are overrated, and Brazil will take to the altitude better. If England are knocked out early, which no doubt they will be, Netherlands all the way. Sneijder and van der Vaart <3:

Oh and golden boot to David Villa, all day.

Of course Spain will perform, it's just how well they'll perform against other equally strong teams like Argentina and Italy. And why would Argentina suffer due to Maradona's coaching ?

Because he left out Zanetti and Cambiasso. Check how they did during the qualifiers... And he has used around 100 players since he took over. He is their hero, he is a football god, but he is not a good coach.

He's also a cheating [wagon].

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

brazil is definitely in the line up for winning it.

just remember, spain is kinda known for choking, lol. i do want them to win, but with all this pressure... /shrug

my dark horse pick would be germany though. def underrated for what they have

brazil is definitely in the line up for winning it.

just remember, spain is kinda known for choking, lol. i do want them to win, but with all this pressure... /shrug

my dark horse pick would be germany though. def underrated for what they have

NL > Germany in that sense.

I think Brazil will win, Spain are overrated, and Brazil will take to the altitude better. If England are knocked out early, which no doubt they will be, Netherlands all the way. Sneijder and van der Vaart <3:

Oh and golden boot to David Villa, all day.

He's also a cheating [wagon].

I'll give you 100 dollars to say that in the middle of Buenos Aires. :P

In Argentina there's some crazy fanatics loyal to him, some nay sayers, and everybody else living out of the country watching like WTF.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

1. register @ http://www.fifa.com/theclub/myprofile/index.htmx

2. click on validation email

3. on the site, click on "games"

4. click activate "McDonalds FIFA World Cup Fantasy"

5. set up your team. 2 players limit from each country

6. in "my leagues", "Join a private league" and the code is 515507-113916

just quoting this again. would be nice to get a couple more people to round up at least 10 players

instead they got podolski and klose

and isn't robben injured?

Germany is going to disappoint this tournament. They haven't got Ballack, Klose is horribly out of form and Lahm? Come on. :razz: Our midfield and attack is way better than Germanies, I don't know about their defense.

Robben is going to some kind of wonder doctor. The Danmark match is too early, but with some luck he's with us against Japan, and otherwise later in the tournament. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I think England will draw Germany in the 2nd round, and having seen us play over the last year we will fail.

France looked poor in qualifying, Argentina looked worse.

I'm going for a Brazil vs Spain final, that is, if Brazil get out of the group of death.

I'm betting on Serbia to do well, that team have been very impressive.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

instead they got podolski and klose

and isn't robben injured?

Germany is going to disappoint this tournament. They haven't got Ballack, Klose is horribly out of form and Lahm? Come on. :razz: Our midfield and attack is way better than Germanies, I don't know about their defense.

Robben is going to some kind of wonder doctor. The Danmark match is too early, but with some luck he's with us against Japan, and otherwise later in the tournament. :)

To be honest, you don't really need him for the group stages anyway. :P

I mostly agree with you, although I do think that Lahm is about as good as fullbacks come. I don't think the Germans will do terribly well, since as you say Klose is having a terrible time at the moment. If I was to pick the two danger men from the German squad it would be Trochowski and Schweinsteiger. Also, the vast majority of the German squad play in the Bundesliga, and I don't rate that league very highly compared to most other European top flights.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.