World Cup 2010 - South Africa!

OldJoe

Writing this when it's 8 days left to the World Cup in South Africa.

Since no one have created a thread about it, and those old ones are already cluttered, i thought i might start.

Some information:

FIFA links:

The teams

Groups

Match schedule

News

Wikipedia random info@World Cup 2010

Wiki@World Cup 2010

South Africa World Cup 2010:

SA 2010

South Africa is in the GMT+1h timezone (which is perfect for me since i'm in it too), if you don't know what the corresponding time is in your country you can use this site.

-----

Since my country isn't in this World Cup, i will be going for England and Germany. Definitely not the Danes tho, even if i'm a bit Danish (80 years back or so), since they shot our hopes down during the qualifying out of the window.

Germany's odds became a bit higher during the FA Cup final, but Germany is Germany.

If i had to tip, then "head" would say Spain or Argentina but "heart" would say England. However, Argentina are a bit funny... They wouldn't have won in 86 without Maradona and now he is the reason why they might not do it.

One thing i won't enjoy with this World Cup tho, is those bloody horns. They are so annoying to listen to during the match.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm half german and half spanish, so I'm pulling for those two countries and the United States of course. Right now I have Germany beating the Netherlands in the finals, but I haven't looked into it much.

This is the second time that my home country was qualified for the Fifa World Cup.

Go New Zealand!

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

This is the second time that my home country was qualified for the Fifa World Cup.

Go New Zealand!

Aha, good luck with that mate.

Really pumped, however the cup falls right in the middle of my exams. :wall:

I'm confident that Australia will make the quarters at least, and I'm supporting them. Uhm, aside from that, I'm probably gonna' support either Spain since they have Xavi, and Fabregas along with freaking Villa and Torres who play awesomely. Argentina and Brazil also, I'll be watching out for. Argentina has Messi and Tevez, Messi holy [cabbage] Messi. <3:

So, I don't know. Argentina doesn't really have that good of a defensive line up but Argentina has always been at the very least quarters and somehow pulled through since forever... But Brazil has Fabiano and yeah. Italian team has a longshot of winning it since they don't have too many good strikers but a amazing defense.

Australia is in group D with Germany and they're gonna get [bleep]ed over next Monday, I'll probably still watch. Oh and Germany, [cabbage] man Cacau I dont even know how he came to play for Germany. Same goes for Gomez.

Hopefully this thread will be really more active, and I'm most probably rambling now, I'll have to collect my thoughts haha, pretty late here.

Looking forward to it this year. Scotland isn't in it (yet again) so i'll probably be supporting Spain and The Netherlands.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The Spanish or the Dutch should take it. Nothing much needs to be said about the Spanish squad, but I think the Dutch are underestimated. Van Persie has looked excellent in the friendlies, and if they sit van der Vaart, Sneijder and Robben behind him I can see them scoring a lot of goals.

England have been an absolute joke and I think they're going to crash out. If they continue to play like they did against Mexico and Japan then they don't have a chance.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I reckon it will be a Spain vs Brazil final with Spain winning it. They have just been so impressive these last few years it's hard to see how anyone will beat them. England have been overhyped by the media (at least in Britain anyway) and will cruise through the group stages but not convinced they'll make it past the quarters. As Lateralus said they have been shocking in their recent friendlies so unless there is some improvement they aren't going to even make the predicted Semis.

I'll probably be backing Italy again, they may not be the best team to watch but I like them for some reason :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Watched 2nd half of friendly Germany - Bosnia yesterday, on another forum i read a bit about first half and seems to have been quite crappy. But 2nd half was absolutely awesome, Lahms strike... Mein godt!

Rio seems to have taken a knock to his knee in an England session and went to hospital for a scan, i have seen some ManU matches this seasons, and they few his played hasn't looked all too convincing if i'm honest.

Drogba got hurt, sucks for ivory coast lol. Can't wait for June 11th though, or June 12th for England v USA. Should be a good world cup for sure.

pan.png

I'll be rooting for England obviously but I'll try to watch as many games as possible, it'll be interesting to see whether Spain perform like they can and whether Argentina suffer because of Maradona. I'm gutted Rio Ferdinand is injured, we really didn't need an injury like that.

Spain perform like they can and whether Argentina suffer because of Maradona.

Of course Spain will perform, it's just how well they'll perform against other equally strong teams like Argentina and Italy. And why would Argentina suffer due to Maradona's coaching ?

Of course Spain will perform, it's just how well they'll perform against other equally strong teams like Argentina and Italy. And why would Argentina suffer due to Maradona's coaching ?

Because he left out Zanetti and Cambiasso. Check how they did during the qualifiers... And he has used around 100 players since he took over. He is their hero, he is a football god, but he is not a good coach.

Drogba seems to be out, more or less. If he plays it will be on shots and half capacity. Dawson is good a replacement for Rio. Gerrard will captain England squad now tho.

Because he left out Zanetti and Cambiasso. Check how they did during the qualifiers... And he has used around 100 players since he took over.

Yeah, didn't think about it like that :-k. Maybe he just has something against inter hahah. <_< And he added all those randoms from the Argentine league. Bias I'm thinking... :-|

Any ideas on who'll get the golden boot ? My guesses either Messi or Fabiano. And argh, missed all the group stage matches because they're all on at [bleep]ing 4:00 AM. Oh well, they're usually not that interesting. Stage 2 will hopefully be more rewarding.

i understand that people are sackriding spain to win, but they only won the euro cup by 1 goal and only got past italy through shoot outs. it kinda sucks when a team gets all this pressure to win and end up failing /shrug

i just remember people being on brazil's nuts in the 2006 WC lol

Robben injured in Hungary match earlier today, seems like the hamstring.

Wonder how many more guys will go before it starts?

And for the golden boot i have Cacau (if they start with him) or Villa.

Robben injured in Hungary match earlier today, seems like the hamstring.

Wonder how many more guys will go before it starts?

And for the golden boot i have Cacau (if they start with him) or Villa.

villa ftw. i've always liked him better than torres

i understand that people are sackriding spain to win, but they only won the euro cup by 1 goal and only got past italy through shoot outs. it kinda sucks when a team gets all this pressure to win and end up failing /shrug

i just remember people being on brazil's nuts in the 2006 WC lol

Aha what ? UEFA isn't made up of countries afaik. And if you're referring to the 06' cup it was France and Itay that were in the finals, with Italy winning.

More on topic, [bleep] Australia played [cabbage] today. They gotta start taking games more seriously. :shame: