iPhone 4

Pie Naple

I'm liking some of the new features, but some core elements are still the same: ie. EVERYTHING has to be apple-approved. I'm not so bothered about this, and it may be the same for other phones, I don't know, but I dislike it... Do correct me if I am wrong.

The reason that I will not even consider buying it is because of its looks. Current iPhones/iPod touches look great, but they've turned the iPhone 4 into an old-skool 80's style brick phone. it may be thinner, but what was wrong with the old design Apple?

My 2 cents.

You can't stand up the old iPhones on a desk when you're doing Facetime with someone else, showing off your new skirt to your girlfriend :rolleyes: But I actually prefer the new design much more, just because it allows glass on both sides of the phone.

I have a Q: when you're on a cellphone contract for let's say 2 years, do you keep the phone after it's done? The only phone I've ever had was pre-bought and I just prepaid all my calltime (with an added 5$/month for unlim text) so I have no idea how contracts work.

hiccup.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Q: when you're on a cellphone contract for let's say 2 years, do you keep the phone after it's done? The only phone I've ever had was pre-bought and I just prepaid all my calltime (with an added 5$/month for unlim text) so I have no idea how contracts work.

Think of it as a house mortgage. Each month you pay off a little for the phone (by keeping your postpaid plan with them, and sometimes some extra money on top of that.) At the end you own it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Really I can't stress the iTouch keyboard enough. If you try to write in any other language then English, then you will cry after the first 3 minutes. It is so much easier with a real keyboard.

I've been texting in both English and Russian on my iPhone 3G for god knows how long. I see almost no difference in difficulty tbh :/

Really I can't stress the iTouch keyboard enough. If you try to write in any other language then English, then you will cry after the first 3 minutes. It is so much easier with a real keyboard.

I've been texting in both English and Russian on my iPhone 3G for god knows how long. I see almost no difference in difficulty tbh :/

He probably means that texting is hell when you don't have T9 :rolleyes: . That alone is reason enough not to buy it, I have big fingers.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

He probably means that texting is hell when you don't have T9 :rolleyes: . That alone is reason enough not to buy it, I have big fingers.

Yes but depending on how you tap on the screen will depend on whether you can type. I mean, you don't have to press with your whole finger, just the very bumpy end on the fingerprint area is enough.

Definitely pre-ordering on the 15th. Getting the white 16GB as an upgrade to my 3G. The bumper accessories look really nice too, but I'll wait for the <$5 knock-offs.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Think of it as a house mortgage. Each month you pay off a little for the phone (by keeping your postpaid plan with them, and sometimes some extra money on top of that.) At the end you own it.

Ah, makes sense :thumbup:

And Laura, why white? I find the black much more slick and nice on the eyes.

hiccup.png

I thought so too, at least in the press shots. However, Apple posted those photos on a black gradient - which I think makes a difference - so I think it looks a lot better in Engadget's photos. The only thing that irks me is the visibility of the front-facing camera and the various sensors. I have grown tired of the black colour on my 3G; it's time for a change. :)

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I can't wait, I'm going to be pre-ordering a 32GB black iPhone 4 on the 15th. I was planning on getting the white one but I told a friend and she said her boyfriend was getting/wanting a white one and basically gave me a hard time about wanting the white one so I'm going with a black one now..

tFtfA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine. Ended up having to wait in line for just about 12hrs to get mine, but it was well worth it, I love mine, but the reception issues are a bit of a drag and I hope they can work out a fix soon so I don't have to resort to spending more money on a case.

tFtfA.jpg

I got mine. Ended up having to wait in line for just about 12hrs to get mine, but it was well worth it, I love mine, but the reception issues are a bit of a drag and I hope they can work out a fix soon so I don't have to resort to spending more money on a case.

12 hours, I hope you're exaggerating :mellow:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

12 hours, I hope you're exaggerating :mellow:

I wish I was.. Got to the Apple store around 11:30PM and left about 11:20AM. I wasn't able to pre-order one so I had to wait in the non reserve line which when horribly slow. Before they would let one non reserve person in 5 people who pre-ordered would go in first. It was fun though, I don't know if I would do it again.

tFtfA.jpg

the antenna design is flawed....

and HOOOOOORAY!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I just got back from Europe, where my iPhone 3G was stolen :( I called the Apple store, and it's a 3 week wait... but at least I'm getting one. I'll get the white one with a black bumper :thumbsup:

2s0cxth.png

I hate Apple... not quite as much as I hate Microsoft, but they're certainly up there. The iPhone is just another smartphone that they've managed to get everyone drooling over.

"NEW" "IMPROVED" "BETTER" and throughout it all, an undertone of the classic marketing promise that this will make you happy/beautiful/smart/popular/strong/unique. Although I suppose that I own an HP computer, so perhaps my frustration is hypocritical.

This however, is a point that I'm sure I sit far to the extreme on. Curse you, cynicism for denying me the pleasures of consumption. <_<

iphone_or_droid.png

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

No. That post is wrong. The iphone 4 truly is a very nice phone. Does iphone 4 just now get some features that other phones have had for years? Yes. However, the iphone has had for years things that other phones are just now getting.

Now Im trying to buy a 3gs once I get this financial fiasco figured out (so late aug/early sept), but it says they are still $650 unlocked :(

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

^What about now, though?

An Android OS means that you get a good phone, with a superior OS, and can have a plan on whatever network you care.

It's just marketing hype that gets everyone all excited.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Android isn't all that great, and I've done plenty of research and many people agree as well. For example BGR says android won't last because despite having "superior systems" (debateable) it's simply not as user oriented as the iphone.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Computers weren't user friendly when they began. Look who's more useful now.

When they make a phone-computer, capable to run systems like other laptopsa and desktops, Microsoft will prevail. You know, cuz of the cuatomability of it?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Computers weren't user friendly when they began. Look who's more useful now.

When they make a phone-computer, capable to run systems like other laptopsa and desktops, Microsoft will prevail. You know, cuz of the cuatomability of it?

Unless someone else does it first.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I dropped my 3GS in the sea during midsummer and it stopped working. A note to you all, breast-pockets are not reliable cell-phone holders. Insurance covers most of it though. So I "just" have to scrape together 200eur, which will probably take until uni starts.

I feel so naked without my iPhone. Whenever I'm out and have some random question float through my head with no way of figuring out the answer. Or take a photo. Or if I need directions somewhere. Or check my Facebook and mail. Or tune my guitar in a loud environment etc. etc. It stinks.

2009rb9.jpg