Do you have O.C.E. disorder?

dark_ice

I LOVE the Examine feature.

When there's a new quest ite, I examine it. A new NPC, I examine it. An OLD quest item or OLD NPC, I examine it. When training, I examine the materials. Even though I say to myself "If I examine the rock, it'll say "A rocky outcrop." ... I examine it anyway.

kolsig20kl.png

I've stopped playing RuneScape. KoL's better.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell yea.. no seriously I examine everything.. I'll examine lesser demons 3 or 4 times during the time it takes me to kill one, I'll examine the ashes, the fire runes, the giant bats, and try and examine the other people :cry: to find that is not an option.

You'd be happy in RSC, you could examine others at some point :P

I DID play rsc for a very long time.

my favorite examine is heather (The purple plant)

It says either, "the color purple on stems" or "Who is this heather person anyway?"

Rofl.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

• 5 months later...

Woo hoo! I'm not alone!

Yeah I am unfortunately suffering from OCE.

What is worse is that I try to find things which will sound

funny after 'Welcome to Runescape'.

:shock:

Yep, I definitely have it, I examine everything wherever I am... I think you should be able to examine other players!

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

I examine everything, since I train at quiet places with skeletons my enitre chatbox is filled with the examine message.

Back in rsc I remember there was a server+spot where I trained and some person started saying random things then I figured out he was saying the examine textures, since then I examined pretty much anything, its something to pleasure the eyes :P

I thought I was the only one!

Sometimes I'll be walking somewhere and I'll look at my little text-box thing to see several examinations that I don't even remember doing. :shock: It's just become a subconcious instinct for me to examine every new examinable object I encounter. :oops:

I do that on occasion as well. I believe it is actually a symptom of my larger disorder; OCC. (Obsessive-Compulsive Clicking)

Yes, I frequently click my mouse buttons dozens of times, even when I know perfectly well that it wont do anything. :?

OCC leads me to do things like toggle back and forth a few times between the inventory, prayer, and magic tabs before finally settling back on the inventory tab, examine things that I already know the examines to, and randomly highlight and deselect text before highlighting and deselecting it again. :wink:

Fortunately OCC and its companion disorders can be delt with. I find it helps to surf the web, use the forums, and just generally multitask in order to provide useful outlets to ones excess clicking/examining.

Acknowledgement is the first step towards recovery. Together we can overcome our OCC, OCE, OCR, OCABC, and any other OC's that technology cares to challenge us with!

:lol: :wink:

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

I remember Runesmithie went through that phase...

He made a noob just to examine tutorial island...

I think his friends had to do an intervention to help him quit... Or something like that. :?

rofl

Yup, that and my insanely high goal list helped me to quit RS :D

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

My god i cant belive there are actually people out there like me...i examine things all the time lol i thought i was the olny one. I guess not :). Like if theres a quest item i gotta examine it b4 i drop it or if im doing a quest in a ceritan area i know i wont came back there so i examine everthing before i leave. Usually i do it bc there will be a joke in the examine or it will make fun of you for examinign it or soemthing along the lines of that. I never understood why that one flower u examine says "can this talk?" werid eh...i forget which one it is but anyways...yea like if im walkign to the blue drags i keep examinign fugis and trees as i walk there. I love how jagex puts jokes or disses in their examines :). Makes life fun. lol :)

Guest IdiotElzar

I do it when I'm travelling places.

Or my mom walks in the room and someone censored.

"Oopsie, someone said a potty!"

I have serious OCE :/

Whenever I do something that takes time (training ranged at blue drags, for example) I start examining things like crazy :/ I must have examined blue drags at least 400 times in total :P

I feel your pain :(

same here, i look at everyhting and then wonder waht it should be, or laugh at the funny ones. i don't like the halberd ones rune halberd " a rune halberd" so boring...

i have examined like everyhting i see when i train. i examine the fishing spots, stuff in the inventory (loveley money!), bank, signs, notebords, everything.

tipitlessersigea3.png

I have serious OCE :/

Whenever I do something that takes time (training ranged at blue drags, for example) I start examining things like crazy :/ I must have examined blue drags at least 400 times in total :P

I feel your pain :(

Pain? I don't suffer from OCE, I enjoy it! :roll: