Whats the worst thing thats ever happened to you?

abyssalreaper

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it would be back in Summer 2002 when I got scammed out of my Full Black thanks to The Trust Test to get into a clan... can't believe I fell for that, I was so devastated I nearly quit because of that incident. But now, I'm level 100, making a lot of money, and where's the scammer? Probably quit the game after wasting however long he spent scamming players from the game and realising scamming is a really bad way to make money.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

Starting this damn game to begin with. All those wasted nights...

Blasted RuneScape! :x

Amen

Sir Krohan- 138 - 2696 (2886)

Goals

Attack 112/120 || Strength 112/120 || Defence 112/120 || HP 114/120
Ranged 110/120 || Magic 104/120 || Prayer 103/120 || Slayer 114/120

All Skills 10127/27 || All Skills 102+ 25/27 || All skills 103+ 24/27
All Skills 10420/27 || All Skills 10513/27 || All skills 10611/27

288th to reach 85 Slayer & 144th to reach 90 Slayer

When I was a noob, I tried to go pking with my addy plate, legs, and longsword...

Yeah... I never underestimated rune scimitars again :(

I was devastated, took me forever to get the money back. That is, until i learned how to merchant 8)

Geeze, mine isnt anywhere as bad as some others here...

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

went killing black demons. killed one then i started lagging like crazy. i was about to log off wen all of a sudden a god-forsaken black demon respawn right by me. i started attacking it but my computer was laggin so much that by the time i had moved my pointer to the prayer menu icon i had died.

i lost :D-skimmy,crystal bow(6/10), ranger boots,black vamps, archer helm, glory ammy(2), couple of lobbies, sum drops from the demons i had killed(mostly coins),couple of prayer pots, 500 mith arrows, and a pair of rune boots. took me 7 hours to get enough money to buy replacements(i only had 200k in bank wen demon killed me).

Well mine isnt too bad but I've had 2 experiences,

in my old account that is lordrohith I was hacked and lost a lot of stuff like runes, armor and stuff

in my 2nd account, lordrohith1 I was scammed off my rune longsword and then I was so frustrated that I played this "game" where the person that trusts the leader most wins stuff, and I lost a lot of stuff in that too, then I quit runescape.

But then my friends convinced me to comeback as lordrohith2 lol and now Im really careful of everything, I haven't died even once yet. And I'm more careful of trade screens as well

Actually, i lied... My worst experience was with my first account, someone_els6 (dont know why i had the 6 :lol:).

I begged for mercy while being attacked by a mugger on my first day ever. when I died, I lost what my tinderbox, which i thought was irreplaceable. So i started all over with someone els :)

I was so overjoyed when I learned about general stores :D

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

this guy kept trying to buy my full rune... so i offered it and pressed accpet the first time... then my mom started talking to me so i pressed accept again... took me bout 2 weeks to get it back...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

This week:

Got scammed out of 300k buying mage logs (yes yes was very late at night lol)

Lost rune boots in wildy (forgot they were on)

Lost 700k worth of stuff because friend accidentaly dds specialled me in wildy while I was runnign away (other guy got all the stuff)

And to top off this great week, I accidentaly alched my whip today....

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

And to top off this great week, I accidentaly alched my whip today....
OHH SNAP! thats gotta hurt. after seeing all these replies, i just realized i'm actually pretty lucky. worst thing that happened to me- two worst things, actually- are:

1. "lent" 600k to a "friend," then i was told i would get a whip for compensation, never heard from the ******* again.

2. got pked near the rune rocks in the wildy while doing a level 3 clue (only time i didn't get to finish a clue)

well, i eventually got my own whip with hard-earned money (and 600k to me now is paltry), and that was just a clue (was probably gonna be crap anyway).

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

I was selling 5k big bones in world 1, offered them to a lvl 3 who offered me 1.5m. Happily accepted twice, but to my horror he had changed the offer to 15k..........

Desperately tried to click 'decline' and guess what. It worked! He must've lagged or something because i had clicked accept and left it for about 4 seconds! I managed to keep my b-bones. :D Gotta say though my heart nearly flung out of my mouth.

Haha gratz on the save, but this was about the worst thing that has happened.

Ah kk, pking in the wildy with my clan, split up into groups for some reason and i was put with my lvl 96 friend (i was lvl 75 at the time). The two of us ventured southwards and i spotted a couple of white dots in the minimap.

I prepared myself for battle, whereas my partner logged.. So i thought his idea wasnt so stupid as i met my foes face to face so i clicked desperately 'LOG OUT'. It didn't work as i felt a blast of fire thud against me (Sorry getting carried away), so i tried plan B; Running. Ended up losing full rune and a few rune bits from my kills.

5 mins later, my friend logs in and says "what'd i miss?", I reply "A free trip to lummy.....".

THE END

Meh, first post to the forum...Im an oldie at rs so to say started in late 2001.Anyhow, back on topic...I have a few unfortunate events

1) Lost red mask got keylogged

2) Lost full rune back in the days when it was worth lots

3) Fell for a stupid credit card scam from a "friend"... now my account is banned (he has a p hat set on him)

And thats about all i can remember at the moment.