If no one complains about it, please don't 'fix' it

ghjkl

I agree. I suppose it fits some sort of agenda that Jagex has (making slayer a little more useful and debugging, respectively to your two examples), but they aren't very popular with their approach.

Agreed. This is also why people shouldn't write uneducated suggestion threads.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well, for one thing, with the shark/brew update, someone, ahem, DID complain about it. Actually. Not even lying.

With the millions of people who play RS, someone always complains about everything imo. Jagex stated that they changed the shark/brew thing because someone sent Jagex that information in the Bug Report Centre or whatever.

As for the climbing boots, if Jagex keeps the original boots, with the original price, I don't see any problem with a more expensive, better boot. So long as it doesn't make rune/dragon/bandos boots obsolete.

Oh, and....1.4! Ish.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Well, for one thing, with the shark/brew update, someone, ahem, DID complain about it. Actually. Not even lying.

With the millions of people who play RS, someone always complains about everything imo. Jagex stated that they changed the shark/brew thing because someone sent Jagex that information in the Bug Report Centre or whatever.

As for the climbing boots, if Jagex keeps the original boots, with the original price, I don't see any problem with a more expensive, better boot. So long as it doesn't make rune/dragon/bandos boots obsolete.

Oh, and....1.4! Ish.

they arent any better, there the same as the old boots but they cost 35,000x the price.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

It's not because "no one" complains about it that it doesn't need fixing...

The fact that players were using dirt cheap boots to pvp meant something was wrong. They messed up with the alching price in the fix, but all in all, it was a good fix.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

The fact that players were using dirt cheap boots to pvp meant something was wrong. They messed up with the alching price in the fix, but all in all, it was a good fix.

It wasn't a fix, they handed out 300b selectively. Climbing boots have been around very nearly since the start of rs2- 6 years or so, and now is the time to pull this? and good fix? you must be living on some other planet.

For your information, the wrong that jagex saw in this was that people sold 2 gp boots for 60k as an opportunity cost, thus, as a ''good'' fix they made sure noone would ever use those boots anywhere ever again. good fix my ...

It wasn't a fix, they handed out 300b selectively. Climbing boots have been around very nearly since the start of rs2- 6 years or so, and now is the time to pull this? and good fix? you must be living on some other planet.

For your information, the wrong that jagex saw in this was that people sold 2 gp boots for 60k as an opportunity cost, thus, as a ''good'' fix they made sure noone would ever use those boots anywhere ever again. good fix my ...

dont you just love people who blindly support jagex?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Well, seeing as they are doing this, then i might just go buy a bunch of the only other type of boot that is strangly underpriced, dispite its rather unusual stats. Good luck finding it, im gonna wait till it goes up 6000x :D

pere_grin.png

dont you just love people who blindly support jagex?

Leaping to the defense of wealthy game companies who dont know or care about you.

O.O

Behind the Scenes - June

100,000 members have rioted and/or quit in the past week due to climbing boots update so we are shutting RuneScape down

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Well the thing that makes me confused about this is why this update was made. None of the Mod Mark's excuses were exactly logical.

1. "There are always thousands of account trying to sell them on the G.E and very few selling them" - Now how about Party Hats?

2. "They also reflect the market price of other strength-boosting equippment" - Amulet of strenght = 3.5K, Black spiky gaunts = 3K, Addy boots = 5,7K (Didnt take rfd gloves here because they are not tradeable)

3. "tiny number of accounts had over 1000 of thse boots -- realisitacly these account have always had the potential to make that sort of cash from the boots (based on what we know, players were trading them outside G.E), we have just made them easier to do so" - Now tell me how would you turn 1K climbing boots into 75M or 45M without junk before this update?

I bet Mark told his buddies to stock up climbers before this update. :thumbup:

Sephy.png

Meh, doesnt affect me. :arrow:

So you never use the G/E or trade with other players or anything like that? If you're a real D.I.Y. player, then respect.

You just hit the nail in the head. Except I sell almost evrything.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

So you never use the G/E or trade with other players or anything like that? If you're a real D.I.Y. player, then respect.

If you had coins then it did affect you, because they are now worth less.

If you had coins then it did affect you, because they are not worth less.

Well maybe it did affect me, but the rate at which it did is very, very low.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Coins aren't worth less. Why do people with no knowledge of economics make stupid comments like this. The only time a currency can decrease in price is in a fiat money system such as we have in the U.S. where 1 US dollar is supposed to be backed up by 1 dollar worth of gold, but instead we print more than one dollar for each dollar worth of gold causing it to lose value. In Runescape each gold piece holds its value independently from every other gold piece out there, you having more money doesn't make my money worth less. It may cause changes in prices of items but they are going to be strictly on a supply and demand curve (outside of price manipulation and JAGEX interference such as trade limits and the 5% plus or minus caps.).

On a side note, stop complaining. The update isn't worth ranting about besides the fact that it was a waste of time. Not ONE of the people ranting would be ranting if they were one of the kids who had 1 k + boots stockpiled for fun. So a bunch of kids got an early christmas in runescape, get over it.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Coins aren't worth less. Why do people with no knowledge of economics make stupid comments like this. The only time a currency can decrease in price is in a fiat money system such as we have in the U.S. where 1 US dollar is supposed to be backed up by 1 dollar worth of gold, but instead we print more than one dollar for each dollar worth of gold causing it to lose value. In Runescape each gold piece holds its value independently from every other gold piece out there, you having more money doesn't make my money worth less. It may cause changes in prices of items but they are going to be strictly on a supply and demand curve (outside of price manipulation and JAGEX interference such as trade limits and the 5% plus or minus caps.).

On a side note, stop complaining. The update isn't worth ranting about besides the fact that it was a waste of time. Not ONE of the people ranting would be ranting if they were one of the kids who had 1 k + boots stockpiled for fun. So a bunch of kids got an early christmas in runescape, get over it.

Well ok, the supply of coins is HIGHER, The demand for COINS is lower, and the amount of items you can buy for those coins can now buy is LOWER. All in all, saying all this is about the same as saying that coins are now worth less, just without the hassle of writing 3 seperate sentances. Thus your nitpicking here is just pointless, and the over-educated approach(at least for what concerns rs economy) is stupid here. If coins were worth less, you'd be able to buy less with them, if there was a new large supply of coins into the game you'd also be able to buy less with your coins, so for this example, they both mean the same thing for everyone, since rs gold actually can't ever be devalued in the sence real world currency is.