Macroing & Bots :'(

Undo

I hate to break it to you, but jagex taking down one bot site won't seriously effect the botting population. There are others, and they frequently charge money for the use of their bots. If you wanter down the "dark alleys" of Runescape you'll find some very disturbing facts. I poked my nose around a website called rsbots (the s makes all the difference), and I never looked at soulwars the same way again. There are people there who post pictures of their bots running for days on end, collecting hundreds of zeal and reaching 99's with ease. Its honestly horrible, but the thing is, jagex won't do anything about besides the occasional banning because the thing is, they're paying for membership one way or another, so getting rid of them would hurt jagex's bottom line.

I poked my head in there too, the number of bots in there is disturbing.

My personal fav is the Auto Potatoes bot. Made me lol

EDIT: Sick to my stomach.

They have a youtube channel and a facebook page.

I kills me that these sick little [bleep]s think they can get the easy way out of this game when Iv been working hard for 6 years and im JUST getting to the greatest parts of the game.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I'm starting a bot hunting clan called Bot Slayers. It's going to start on the 28th of September. Hopefully we'll manage to rid runescape of a lot of bots. Any advice would be appreciated: http://forum.tip.it/topic/275753-im-going-to-start-a-clan-any-advice/

My advice: Play the game and have fun.

Let them bot; what REALLY will they do - once they've got a 99 in the skill they want? Or 99 in every skill?

Brag about it and get bored eventually quit the game and forget about the account? ----- Proabably.

Leave them be; Jagex are sorting out all these botting issues i.e. J-mods/P-mods camping around Soul wars to catch them out etc.

Exactly. I'm starting a bot hunting clan called Bot Slayers. It's going to start on the 28th of September. Hopefully we'll manage to rid runescape of a lot of bots. Any advice would be appreciated: http://forum.tip.it/topic/275753-im-going-to-start-a-clan-any-advice/

TBH there's no reason why bot-hunting couldn't be a recreational clan event, same as hide-and-seek and so on. Whether it's a good idea to start a brand-new clan for it, meh, if you like. *shrug*

Exactly. I'm starting a bot hunting clan called Bot Slayers. It's going to start on the 28th of September. Hopefully we'll manage to rid runescape of a lot of bots. Any advice would be appreciated: http://forum.tip.it/...lan-any-advice/

If he thinks bot hunting is fun, let him do it.

Exactly. I'm starting a bot hunting clan called Bot Slayers. It's going to start on the 28th of September. Hopefully we'll manage to rid runescape of a lot of bots. Any advice would be appreciated: http://forum.tip.it/...lan-any-advice/

If he thinks bot hunting is fun, let him do it.

Not that anyone would have to look very far for them. I'm practically tripping over them on a daily basis.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Encountered a bot today at Green Drags called Sw0rd95.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Encountered a bot today at Green Drags called Sw0rd95.

Lol, I haven't been to green dragons in months.

No denial of botting? You have been a very bad RS palyer sw0rd95.

This being a fantasy game and the average age of loser RS kids being 15 (1995) I'd say an account being SWORD95 isn't exactly uncommon, I would at least give him a fair trial. :shame: innocent until proven guilty.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

This being a fantasy game and the average age of loser RS kids being 15 (1995) I'd say an account being SWORD95 isn't exactly uncommon, I would at least give him a fair trial. :shame: innocent until proven guilty.

Tell that to sword, who reports players for not talking, despite him only being able to see quickchat (as he is underage b&).

You thought I was serious man? oh boy.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

You thought I was serious man? oh boy.

No, me being a smartass more or less. :shades:

I could care less if he bots, lol. Think of it like people who sell drugs. You live around them long enough it's just a part of life and you get over it, regaurdless if it's right or not lol. You can get rid of one or two but they'll always be around.

Oh, and cockroaches.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I have seen him though at Green Drags 3 iteming and chasing every dragon automatically.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Untrue. I can only report my experiences.

Signature3.gif

Untrue. I can only report my experiences.

LIES!

Pssst, don't take the bait and leave them.

Apparently a lot of people on this thread like bots because they think they are ideal for them.

They dislike gathering skills themselves and botters provide them with cheap resources, not considering the real skillers ingame who are hurt by botters.

(@ the haters: If you aren't botting yourselves, I really don't see any problem you could have with him chasing botters.)

I am not a sasquatch, but I still think it's [bleep]ing stupid to go hunting sasquatches.

That's hardly a fair comparison. With bots he has a chance of finding one.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

(@ the haters: If you aren't botting yourselves, I really don't see any problem you could have with him chasing botters.)

I am not a sasquatch, but I still think it's [bleep]ing stupid to go hunting sasquatches.

Only flaw in your example is that sasquatches don't exist, botters do. :P

Can't they make some kind of puzzle box a player can use on another player every 30 minutes? Where you have to type in a word, as was custom for getting out of your sleeping bag in rsc. (if I remember correctly)

Can a bot handle this if people get to choose which word is going to be formed and distorted?

You do realize you will have no impact on the game whatsoever.

u_r_b_e_x.png

Only flaw in your example is that sasquatches don't exist, botters do. :P

Can't they make some kind of puzzle box a player can use on another player every 30 minutes? Where you have to type in a word, as was custom for getting out of your sleeping bag in rsc. (if I remember correctly)

Can a bot handle this if people get to choose which word is going to be formed and distorted?

That's literally the worst idea I've ever read. That's worse than "slayer moderators".

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

That's literally the worst idea I've ever read. That's worse than "slayer moderators".

Why is that a bad idea, would bots simply bypass it? :unsure:

You would inevitably be "puzzled" every thirty minutes, and have multiple people attempting to "puzzle" you every few seconds. I would seriously quit. Randoms make me angry enough without other players being able to piss me off every thirty minutes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.