I'm going to start a clan, any advice?

Guest Roast

On the 28th of september this year, I am going to start a clan called Bot Slayers. The clan's purpose will be to report, lure, trap and kill bots.

The clan will also do some safe pvp events such as well e.g clan wars.

Do you have any advice for me while starting a clan, such as recruitment, how to organise pvp events and Even stuff like a clan signature.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont try to do everything clan related to urself you need a group of at least 2-3 people you can always count on to do things like moniter the cc or organise events

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Word of mouth will always be your strongest method of recruitment. Friends telling friends, posting topics, having your members post frequently with clan sigs like that, etc. You will have a hard niche to fill, since I question how many bots will be in pvp settings, but everything is worth trying once! Organizing forums becomes a lot more simple when you look into free forum hosting, such as Zetaboards, invisionfree, or IPBFree. Tip.it also offers private forums to clans, I believe, but you'd have to PM an administrator for that.

Your community events (like you mentioned Safe PvP, PVM, etc) can easily be supplemented and serve as a recruitment opportunity. For PvM'ing if you don't have enough people for a successful trip, you could post on the RSOF to get people to come along, etc. Then you could even try recruiting them.

Tipit also has a Teamspeak server now, so if you happen to recruit a lot of Tiffers, you can all talk in there. Alternatively, Skype works equally well for small groups of people.

hzvjpwS.gif

If this becomes successful then RIP clan world.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

Don't.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

All I want to do is get rid of as many bots as possible and have safe pvp events, it wouldn't harm you or anyone here at all. Please don't argue here anyway, I just want some advice, not an argument.

Also, I can't start the clan until the 28th of September this year, so I'll start recruiting then, as they would have no clan to join if I started recruiting now.

He's saying most of the clan world bots lol. Anyways I don't see many people interested in wasting their time "Killing bots".

Overall this reminds me of cops who camp in hidden areas and pull people over for going 5-10 MPH over the speed limit. Overall I don't see a clan necessary for this, just play the game and report botters when you run into them. Don't let botters ruin your game time unless you run into them.

Anywho GL and theres a forum on tip.it for graphics I'm sure you could find some one up to make you signatures.

6590ew.jpg

Join a few clans that have been around for a while to see how their leadership works, so you can move it over to your clan.

It's easy to learn how to make signatures, go through google looking for tutorials on those type of programs (Photoshop, gimp)

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse

20zy62b.png

Oh <_<

You don't need the ability to talk to join a clan though, most of them use IRC/Forums so you won't be muted :P

I made a clan in the past with only RSB/w141 Experience, it was a total failure. When I look back, I realize if I had the experience from clans with stable leaderships it would have gone better.

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse

20zy62b.png

I recommend you grow older and have more IRL experience organizing and working with other people in groups because otherwise you will just end up kicking your clanmates when discussions get heated and then report them for botting.

All I want to do is get rid of as many bots as possible and have safe pvp events, it wouldn't harm you or anyone here at all. Please don't argue here anyway, I just want some advice, not an argument.

Also, I can't start the clan until the 28th of September this year, so I'll start recruiting then, as they would have no clan to join if I started recruiting now.

He's saying most of the clan world bots lol. Anyways I don't see many people interested in wasting their time "Killing bots".

Overall this reminds me of cops who camp in hidden areas and pull people over for going 5-10 MPH over the speed limit. Overall I don't see a clan necessary for this, just play the game and report botters when you run into them. Don't let botters ruin your game time unless you run into them.

Anywho GL and theres a forum on tip.it for graphics I'm sure you could find some one up to make you signatures.

I'm not accusing clans of botting, I'm saying that the clan will be an organised group of people who hunt bots. Like at pure essence, at chinchompas, at green dragons, auto typers, all sorts of bots. Also we'll do some pvp and pvm.

Also, thanks for telling me about the graphics forum, I posted a request for a signature of people in dragon armour fighting bots (the default bot look).

Any more advice or do I know enough to start a clan?

I'm not saying you're accusing clans of botting, I'm telling you that most clans have quite a few botters in them lol. Also I hope you're not making this clan in hopes of becoming a Player mod. Like I said before just enjoy playing scape, and report those who are botting that you run into. You shouldn't be patrolling and looking for people breaking rules. Honestly don't see you getting a memberbase of people to go around looking for botters and reporting them, it maysound fun at first but over time the membes will lose interest.

What Darkrai said was also good advice, it's easier to make a clan once you've been in a few.

6590ew.jpg

Yeah, really creating a clan is a learning experience, and while it helps to have experience clanning, you can never "know everything" that you need to create a clan successfully.

Personally, I see you having two problems: The first being the purpose of the clan. As admirable your mission to remove bots from the game may be, you may find it pretty hard to find players who would like to go around doing that for extended periods of time.

Secondly, your age. You seem pretty mature for a 13 year old, however most successful clan leaders have been far older then that - unfortunately many people just won't respect someone of that age.

That said, good luck with it, I'm curious to see if it will work out :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

How ironic. I heard that you were a frequent user of bots, and whats more, even helped program one!

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Didnt you offer to bot a number of hunting levels for another tif user in exchange for USD? Thats what I heard.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I doubt you will be able to find good potential members for the objective your trying to achieve in your upcoming clan. Many people will either dislike the idea and might not be successful but your idea and cause of helping is admirable just that not enough to overcome the amount of people against you. Thought the decision is up to you and i find you mature for being 13 years old.

GL with your clan if you decide to do it

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

Bot! Bot! Bot! Bot!

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.