Macroing & Bots :'(

Undo

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's literally the worst idea I've ever read. That's worse than "slayer moderators".

Why is that a bad idea, would bots simply bypass it? :unsure:

You would inevitably be "puzzled" every thirty minutes, and have multiple people attempting to "puzzle" you every few seconds. I would seriously quit. Randoms make me angry enough without other players being able to piss me off every thirty minutes.

Randoms wouldn't be needed anymore then I think, since they are there to eliminate bots.

There could be a system like the one already existing for randoms, if you succesfully complete it without errors you get less.

(you only need to type in 1 word every hour/2hours, would that be so bad to completely whipe out bots?)

That's literally the worst idea I've ever read. That's worse than "slayer moderators".

You would inevitably be "puzzled" every thirty minutes, and have multiple people attempting to "puzzle" you every few seconds. I would seriously quit. Randoms make me angry enough without other players being able to piss me off every thirty minutes.

Randoms wouldn't be needed anymore then I think, since they are there to eliminate bots.

There could be a system like the one already existing for randoms, if you succesfully complete it without errors you get less.

(you only need to type in 1 word every hour/2hours, would that be so bad to completely whipe out bots?)

implying the player behind the bot can't just enter the code every hour.

u_r_b_e_x.png

Captchas would be the best way to implement this. They've been suggested before, but I doubt Jagex will ever do it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Captchas would be the best way to implement this. They've been suggested before, but I doubt Jagex will ever do it.

Captchas, done by the game every 6-8 hours in certain zones and when not in combat? I'm for it.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Captchas, done by the game every 6-8 hours in certain zones and when not in combat? I'm for it.

We have those. They're called random events.

without other players being able to piss me off every thirty minutes.

woah, what game are you playing?

What?

I'm not sure about you, but I can't go 30 minutes without a random level 90 in a fighter torso named "l33t_sKiLLZ" bothering me.

The thing is, captchas work.

u_r_b_e_x.png

why is there so much discussion about the entertainment value of bot hunting?

If someone finds bot hunting fun/rewarding to themselves....then shut up, and let them do it.

As for the whole Puzzle box thingy.....[bleep]ing no!!!

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I just don't care.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I did not wast my time and money buying membership card just to care who bot or not. I could careless if you bot or not thb.

[hide]

Encountered a bot today at Green Drags called Sw0rd95.

I lol hard.

why is there so much discussion about the entertainment value of bot hunting?

If someone finds bot hunting fun/rewarding to themselves....then shut up, and let them do it.

I know. So many bot thread. :thumbdown:

I just don't care.

Same.[/hide]

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I just don't care.

I did not wast my time and money buying membership card just to care who bot or not. I could careless if you bot or not thb.

If your training places would be packed with bots, you would care.

Just to see the rest of us don't care because it's not affecting us directly.

See where this is going? Indifference is a bad thing.

(This reasoning has been made already in this thread, so credits to that person. If I remember correct he/she said it a lot better :P )

The thing is, captchas work.

SOMEONE wasn't around in RSC it seems L.

maybe jagex's didn't, but recaptcha certainly does.

There are ways to beat any captcha.

Sorry to bump this, but, no. Not unless they hire a Chinese guy in a sweatshop to type them for the bot.

u_r_b_e_x.png

i believe jagex system must have a good ban catching system! because even reporting as just for jagex to keep eye on player.. and it sometimes through to be a bad report

i believe all you have to do is reporting otherwise try to annoy them .. just like if someone firemaking put a fire before him then he wont be able to make one if he stopped for a while or something this might be a bot and u annoyed him and reaveled great clue against him!

there is lots of others

but i dont guess jagex need more than your correct report help!

because they must have a good bot hunter system ^^

or all their game will be failed already by now

o_espil.png

i believe jagex system must have a good ban catching system! because even reporting as just for jagex to keep eye on player.. and it sometimes through to be a bad report

i believe all you have to do is reporting otherwise try to annoy them .. just like if someone firemaking put a fire before him then he wont be able to make one if he stopped for a while or something this might be a bot and u annoyed him and reaveled great clue against him!

there is lots of others

but i dont guess jagex need more than your correct report help!

because they must have a good bot hunter system ^^

or all their game will be failed already by now

Putting a fire infront of anyone thats firemaking will slow them down just the same...If they're using a bot or not.

And the person using the bot won't be annoyed if you slow him down, as he/she isn't even doing the firemaking...

gypsyeater.png

Sorry to bump this, but, no. Not unless they hire a Chinese guy in a sweatshop to type them for the bot.

Sure there are, you think they are 100% fullproof?

Worst case scenario is someone finds algorithms that are old and outdated and has a only 30% success rate. But 30% success rate while given a infinite amount of times to refresh the captcha until your algorithm reaches a point where it feels confident?

Sure, a captcha system would reduce bots, but it sure wouldn't eliminate them. Worst case for the people botting would be having to set up IRC channels where people "bank" answers. I solve 30 captchas for you, 30 random people solve 30 captchas for me. Hell, it would even be possible to text message or email a image of it to your phone.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Jagex should just change small things I think every few days.

Just move that yew tree 2 steps away, same with rocks or banks, change some of the codenumbers a tiny little bit, such things.

If a rock is replaced for 1 step it could become a hell of a lot of work to rescript that.

The codenumbers not that much, but still funny how a couple of bots drop stuff they never wanted to drop :P and it makes them easy to catch.

Btw does anyone know a good way how you can tease a bot in F2p? :roll:

We don't have cannons/familiairs/whatever :( ;).

Jagex should just change small things I think every few days.

Just move that yew tree 2 steps away, same with rocks or banks, change some of the codenumbers a tiny little bit, such things.

If a rock is replaced for 1 step it could become a hell of a lot of work to rescript that.

The codenumbers not that much, but still funny how a couple of bots drop stuff they never wanted to drop :P and it makes them easy to catch.

Btw does anyone know a good way how you can tease a bot in F2p? :roll:

We don't have cannons/familiairs/whatever :( ;).

Close the door to the rune shop in Varrock, usually good for a laugh.