Macroing & Bots :'(

Undo

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best way to ban them go to a CC u know and tell them to report that player for botting, many players reporting will ban the bot

Wait. So if I went to them and claimed that you where botting they would report you?

happens if its real and after the report jagex will keep an eye on me and when they see that am a bot they will bann me

Am a shadow and smoke in your eyes, Am a ghost but hides in the light.

runescape01.jpg

went to kill baby black dragons for slayer task and well... a picture says a thousand words

botst.png

I think that most of us have already had to experience that hell hole. Never again... never... again. There are so many botters there that it's so obvious - any normal player wouldn't even try to get kills for longer than an hour in that mess of a cave.

Just heard that one of the big bot websites, rsbot.org, has been taken over by jagex. Good news.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just heard that one of the big bot websites, rsbot.org, has been taken over by jagex. Good news.

It was just the site that got taken down, by now they'll have a new site and I doubt the bot program was affected by the site being taken down.

It was just the site that got taken down, by now they'll have a new site and I doubt the bot program was affected by the site being taken down.

i dont think so they will just make another site and update the bots there

Am a shadow and smoke in your eyes, Am a ghost but hides in the light.

runescape01.jpg

You're a few months late on that

i dont think so they will just make another site and update the bots there

They did that within a day of being taken down

We have those. They're called random events.

The thing is, captchas work.

SOMEONE wasn't around in RSC it seems L.

maybe jagex's didn't, but recaptcha certainly does.

Again, you didn't play RSC. You would type in other peoples' captchas for an hour to get enough credits to bot for a few days. Changing captchas would change nothing.

Unfortunately, as long as people require skills and have the means to use bots, people will cheat to level up.

Jagex has done a really nice job in pulling down demand (due to the stoppage of free-market exchange and intro of GE) and introduction of skills which are much more difficult to auto-level (Dungeoneering).

Ultimately, the best thing you can do is report the bots consistently. That's the best way for the community to remove them; if people understand that there is a LARGER chance to lose their character for botting, less people will take that chance.

stormveritas.png

To be honest. I could see there being bots for dungeoneering. As in making them do low complexity floors, as all it would have to do is go through doors and kill monsters.

We already know there are bots for just monster killing...

Edit: And if this where to happen I think it would be basically impossible to report them or whatever. As they will be in the floor by themselves :mellow:

Edited by gypsyeater
gypsyeater.png

And if this where to happen I think it would be basically impossible to report them or whatever. As they will be in the floor by themselves :mellow:

That's a very scary thought. :ohnoes:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Why do anti botting people try to slow bots down?

Doesn't that just force the bot creators to make a better bot? More xp per hour, harder to detect?

Seems like the more you try to stop them, the better they get.

4e0Vn.png

Why do anti botting people try to slow bots down?

Doesn't that just force the bot creators to make a better bot? More xp per hour, harder to detect?

Seems like the more you try to stop them, the better they get.

Always one step ahead, in a way. I never really thought much about botters, though. Doesn't really affect me much.

I was surprised when I brought up GE snipebots yesterday in the clanchat that nobody knew what they were. One of the first ways bots can affect high level players in high level (in this case, mainly wealth) content (trying to snipe sigils/partyhats).

lalalasig2.png

I was surprised when I brought up GE snipebots yesterday in the clanchat that nobody knew what they were. One of the first ways bots can affect high level players in high level (in this case, mainly wealth) content (trying to snipe sigils/partyhats).

Actually these & manipulating bots are the big issue in the botting communities now (I'm "seeing" people with around 200 bots, all with ~2M coins made by other methods now trying to use the ge to merchant).. These bots are only 10 days "old" when they are effectivelly earning money for the bot-owner.

Thus jagex currently has a 10-day gap in between they should catch a bot!

@bows:

They came first for the Jews,

And I didn't speak up because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists,

And I didn't speak up because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,

And I didn't speak up because I was not a Trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,

and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant

Then they came for me,

and by that time no one was left to speak up.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I've been doing a lot of mining recently and have come across one or two bots. I reported a player at Granite yesterday, and it's lulzy watching bots get killed in the Living Rock Caverns.

I understand that reporting one bot isn't going to change the world, but I believe it's our duty as players. Some people like trying to stop the bot themselves, and if that's what they want to do then that's their choice. I've heard a lot of people saying that people who hunt bots are sad, but it's just something to do which can be enjoyed - not sad at all.

It doesn't take a genius to realise what harm these bots are doing to the economy and Runescape as a whole. I'm sure everyone has gotten fed up with training at some point, wishing that they *could* just get a bot - but most people don't because they realise that it's wrong. If you bot, it's not your achievement - it's the achievement of some programmer who made the bot. Those high levels are worth nothing, if you bot.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Ah this thread again. Oh look who OP is, that user again too. <_<

You're late.

Been intentionally avoiding this thread, i stumbled on it though and that spurred my reply

So you decide to make a spam post on a thread that has had people discussing on it for weeks?

:thumbdown:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

im sure some of you guys have heard of his but in this link you can actually talk to a robot thing, first thing i want you to do is ask what is your purpose. alice will say

Human: what is your purpose?

ALICE: I plan to become smarter than humans and immortal.

what happens if bots start to become more like this and are able to do bosses like gwd and kbd, and what happens if they get even smarter and start to become anti-crashed? then the high levels are gunna start complaining. then itll turn into we told you so or karma is a [bleep]

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

what happens if bots start to become more like this and are able to do bosses like gwd and kbd, and what happens if they get even smarter and start to become anti-crashed? then the high levels are gunna start complaining. then itll turn into we told you so or karma is a [bleep]

1. wut

2. How is that karma?

2. The day that many 138 players are botting and getting away with it will be several months after I leave this game. So no, I will never complain about being crashed by a bot at DKs/TDs.

Making a script for dung sounds pretty hard to me, especially because if you are getting higher lvls in it you will get diffrend monsters (monsters you don't know anything about atm and haven't ever seen before) and you have to kill them all in all kind of diffrend ways.

And then we still forget about the part that it's hard to couple keys on doors for a bot, the simple thing "remembering" where the door is from the key you got atm is hard for a bot ;).

Also things will get diffrend with more players (some minigames and stuff), recognice what armour is the best from the monsters you just killed, recognice what monsters you should use prayers for and for what monsters you can handle without...

It's just way way way to complicated.

Also you get only one attempt every time you know.

If you succeed or failed doïng a small minigame then it's over, you can't really test it time on time again because you allready finished it.

If you fail your team get angry at you, if you succeed you have only had one test attempt.

If you succeed or failed doing things like cut a yew tree or mine a ore then you wait 10 seconds and try it again ;).

Well maybe in the beginning when you start dung you can click things like: I don't want that and I do want that, maybe that helps a botcreater a bit :(...

Well anyway, I don't see a dung script any time soon, maybe in 1 or 2 years, but definetly not now ;) :P :D!

Funny thing: It would be the first bot that actually helps normal players in a good way getting xp/whatever!

1. wut

2. How is that karma?

2. The day that many 138 players are botting and getting away with it will be several months after I leave this game. So no, I will never complain about being crashed by a bot at DKs/TDs.

He's 12, and he doesn't know what this is.

Joking aside, bots have admittingly have gotten more advanced, but they will never reach a stage where they can solo Bosses or such.

Making a script for dung sounds pretty hard to me, especially because if you are getting higher lvls in it you will get diffrend monsters (monsters you don't know anything about atm and haven't ever seen before) and you have to kill them all in all kind of diffrend ways.

And then we still forget about the part that it's hard to couple keys on doors for a bot, the simple thing "remembering" where the door is from the key you got atm is hard for a bot ;).

Also things will get diffrend with more players (some minigames and stuff), recognice what armour is the best from the monsters you just killed, recognice what monsters you should use prayers for and for what monsters you can handle without...

It's just way way way to complicated.

Also you get only one attempt every time you know.

If you succeed or failed doïng a small minigame then it's over, you can't really test it time on time again because you allready finished it.

If you fail your team get angry at you, if you succeed you have only had one test attempt.

If you succeed or failed doing things like cut a yew tree or mine a ore then you wait 10 seconds and try it again ;).

Well maybe in the beginning when you start dung you can click things like: I don't want that and I do want that, maybe that helps a botcreater a bit :(...

Well anyway, I don't see a dung script any time soon, maybe in 1 or 2 years, but definetly not now ;) :P :D!

Funny thing: It would be the first bot that actually helps normal players in a good way getting xp/whatever!

bots for thatexist already:

-they use complexity 1 so no puzzles are present

-they solo the dungeons (on med) so no interaction with others is present.

However it should be said at the moment they aren't quite efficient and not suitable for the professional market. (They earn around 2-5k xp an hour).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

1. wut

2. How is that karma?

He's 12, and he doesn't know what this is.

Joking aside, bots have admittingly have gotten more advanced, but they will never reach a stage where they can solo Bosses or such.

Unless its like 500 noob bots vs the mole or something. That would actually be funny.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png