Minecraft General

demby123

I got too pre-occupied with my world and probably won't be back for some time. I started to build a glass bridge over a space between two mountains and built a small wall around it with the intention of building a castle, but it probably won't happen. IF you don't like the look of it it can be knocked down.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Glad to hear that it is back online :)

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Sorry I wasn't able to get back on sooner, but in response to Spork, it's Millenaire that I have running that has Indian villages - they came with version 1.0 to generate in warmer biomes, and the older Norman villages spawn in the colder ones.

Horrid thunderstorm here, so I've been offline for most of the day - the storm itself lasted about six hours, probably the worst I've seen around here in a long time lol. Power shut off on me when I had Minecraft open, so I was pretty worried I had lost my save, but I came on after it all calmed down (didn't want to come on beforehand because we've lost 3-4 modems already to horrid luck with power surges), and my save is fine, although the MoreHealth data was lost, so the heart container I had found was lost. I had some heart pieces stored though, so I used INVedit to give myself another 4 to replace the one that got lost.

All appears to be well now. Managed to find a cave near my main base, so I've been digging around in that. I've also discovered that, upon leaving some red mushrooms underneath a large overhanging cliff (so it's almost pitch black there), makes for a damn good mushroom farm. When I went by there originally, there was only 3 red shrooms there (one of which I took to start my own mushroom farm). Came back just a bit ago, and harvested all of them. Was 25 of them there >_>

At least my mushroom stock is a bit more even now, the yellow/gold ones (I'm using Painterly, so that may mess up my colors a bit) were outnumbering my reds by about 2:1, even though I only started with one of each.

Link_Olaran.png

Castle Barihawk is coming along. Did a lot of work tonight to get the primary walls up. I plan to add to them with ruined sections and an outcropping into the sea to become the groundwork for a port. I also smoothed out the lawn area for the courtyard and paved it with gravel. Will add grass eventually to allow for stables and farmland. Eventually plan to build a town outside the castle.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/unledxk.png/

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

^Very nice!

My attempt to find a place to build my castle ended up with me digging through the nether for a half hour to so I could come out someplace far away. I ended up spawning a floating portal about 30 meters above a large ocean. Very interesting, but not what I was looking for. I'll probably build a sea base there, but for the time being, I'm going to pick a spot probably halfway between the two portals and down to about level 60.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

If you want to visit, /warp bari.

Also, just noticed that the cross window faces west, so epic sunsets from the throne room :)

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Also, just noticed that the cross window faces west, so epic sunsets from the throne room :)

I always intent to do that. :razz:

I don't think I will go on the server too much, currently having a blast designing my city with TooManyItems mod and MCEdit. Whoever recommended TMI, I owe you big time. Whoever made MCEdit, you're a genius.

But I will stop by to build in your town Bari, as I promised. Just post when you're ready.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[hide]

FortressCraft = An exact copy of minecraft on the Xbox, however you have to pay for the updates.

FortressCraft: Trololol?[/hide]

Anyway... *looks up, Flodder's posts are on another page* Okay.

PICTURE HEAVY - INCOMING

[hide]

I love this, it's my favorite fortress so far. La Victoria, or The Victory, was slowly built through many other inspirations of other projects. Over the weekend I combined these ideas and started it.

I've ran into a chunk error too, so I had to MCEdit the fortress onto a new world...which is why, in the first picture bellow, the incomplete bridge to the lower left was supposed to be the civilian entrance...however, now it faces the water and now serves as the prisoner loading dock. It is why also on the second picture, the ground under the sea is so blocky/chunky. It is also also why, there are no paintings. MCEdit did not convert paintings, so most rooms should have more paintings. I've yet to fix these problems.

lavic02overall.jpg

lavic02overall.jpg

The front entrance has trenches and barbed wire (cobweb, item #30).

lavicfortressbarbedwire.jpg

The Courtyard. There is a small bunker under the twin set of stairs leading into the castle with two cannons sticking out.

lavicfortresscourtyard.jpg

A cannon, eh, mediocre, but I like it. Pull back the lever to fire! (doesn't really fire)

laviccannoncloseup.jpg

The Main Hall. It's empty, but it's supposed to be since several soldiers are moving through these halls. You can see barely on the left, the inside tree court, the right leads to the barracks/sleeping quarters, and the stairs lead to the mess hall.

lavicfortressmainhall.jpg

The Barracks. This can house 50 soldiers and since they take shifts, the castle is protected by 100 troops.

lavicfortressbarracks.jpg

The Mess Hall and the kitchen further back.

lavicfortressmesshall.jpg

The Top Tier. This is the viewpoint from the highest cannon-placed floor of the fortress, facing inland.

lavicfortresstopviewpoi.jpg

This is the Royal Lobby, where visitors wait to be seated for dinner. The passageways lead to, from left to right: Main Hall, King's Bedroom, Royal Throne Room, and (bottom) the guest bedrooms.

lavicroyallobby.jpg

The Royal Throne Room, where the King sits and guests have their fancy dinners. The automatic-opening door leading to the kitchen, is on the far wall.

lavicroyalroom.jpg

The King's Bedroom. We have his bed, his library, his desk, and his bathtub.

sroomz.jpg

The Tactical Room. Srs military discussions are had here. The 'map' is supposed to be of the island the fortress resides upon. Top secret: guards at the posts, a wall block roaming eyes through the doors' windows, even the toilet is sent to a lava chamber; a secure disposal of information...and other, matters...

lavictacticalroom.jpg

Last but not least, the jail. It's located under the tactical room and can only be accessed through the prisoner dock discussed in the first picture.

lavicfortressjail.jpg

[/hide]

That was a mouthful. :-?

I like it, alot i cant build castles for my life,i always end up with generic towers and just it end up looking fugly

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Trying to build a sort-of silo out in the ocean, the only problem is I dont know how to make piston doors open horizontally, only vertically. stupid minecraft making redstone circuits so damn confusing.

Popoto.~<3

On the server if anyone wants to help, I'm making an underground city out in the ocean. at the moment im making a spiral staircase to go down to it roughly 5 blocks off bedrock (nice and deep). If you wanna help I need to dig straight down in the circle outline I've made on the top which you can see by going /home Bass_EXE.

Im gunna make it a pimp'n city so if you wanna help... :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

Today I started working on the seawall which will provide me with more real estate outside of the castle on which to build a village, some slums, fishing quays, a geothermal building (for steaming meat? I dunno, there's lava), a lighthouse, and whatever else I can think of.

Untitled.png

a geothermal building (for steaming meat? I dunno, there's lava)

A ye olde blacksmith furnace. Or a garbage disposal.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

On the server if anyone wants to help, I'm making an underground city out in the ocean. at the moment im making a spiral staircase to go down to it roughly 5 blocks off bedrock (nice and deep). If you wanna help I need to dig straight down in the circle outline I've made on the top which you can see by going /home Bass_EXE.

I'd be willing to help you Tim.

Can we use TNT :D

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I accidently Barihawks castle

lets see if you guys can find it ;p if you find it, post pictures in this thread

The torches or the window?

EDIT: Oh, lame. Could you have waited until I finished terraforming?! :P

I have to demolish it because I'm raising the landmass behind that seawall.

The problem is that ground level is going to be at z-71. Aka the height of the seawall (which was unfinished when you built your thing and is finished now). I was also going to put a lake there.

Sorry man :(

Untitled.png

I'd be willing to help you Tim.

Can we use TNT :D

Go for it, thats what I've been using.

Popoto.~<3

I accidently Barihawks castle

lets see if you guys can find it ;p if you find it, post pictures in this thread

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4682/unledzjz.jpg

Huh, what? :P

Seawall is shaping up, thanks to Fizzzard.

Untitled.png

You say people will start building homes and farms there? Does that make you Lord Barihawk?

I prefer Baron. Sounds oppressive.

[hide]Baron_Praxis.jpg[/hide]

siggy3s.jpg

You say people will start building homes and farms there? Does that make you Lord Barihawk?

I prefer Baron. Sounds oppressive.

[hide]Baron_Praxis.jpg[/hide]

Great, now I want to re-make the entire Jak 2 city now...

Popoto.~<3

That's the idea, but without the titles :P.

Flodder, in consolation for deleting your cathedral (which is now mostly underground, anyways) I allow you full reign of the castle if you want to improve/rennovate it. I'm going to concentrate on the exterior lands for a while.

Untitled.png