Minecraft General

demby123

Side-question: Did you use height mods for WTC? Those things we massive :shock:

Anyway, that Cathedral is absolutely amazing. Such detail makes it awesome to look at.

the WTC i made was made in classic,you can make maps of unlimited height (itll be really laggy depending on dimensions, the WTC was in a map of 512x512x512

here is a screenshot showing all WTC buildings in-game

18320111.png

this is a render of the world after the priject was finished

wtcflod2011.png

here is a scale comparison from left to right: My first Cathedral,built on my first single player world,my Cathedral im currently working on,and the Notre Dame de Paris built by Tombuilder

newworldisometricnorth.png

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

It's a fun way to waste some time when you're bored, I've got the Xbox indie game version, Got slightly addicted :P

Wait, it's out on XBox?

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about FortressCraft?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

So, I tried out Mine Colony for the first time over the past two days or so.

As interesting as it is, it's... I'm unsure. Overly complicated? That seems fairly close. Having to construct a town hall block, let settlers spawn, put down citizen blocks, and a builder block, have one of the citizens become a builder, supply him with wood/cobble/etc to construct buildings, get a farmer and lumberjack (or multiple) just to get the colony to be somewhat close to being self sufficient really isn't for me. It's a really cool mod, but it takes a crapton of micromanaging if you don't already have a hoard of supplies stockpiled specifically for feeding and housing them. I went through 2 1/2 stacks of bones just trying to feed them long enough to get... a town hall, 4 huts, a builder's hut, and a lumberjack's hut built. And I was just about out when I gave up, lol.

Millenaire, despite the lagspikes of doom that I get once the village population reaches about 15-20, is better for me, since they're already almost 100% self sufficient now, all I need to do is sell them some materials every now and then.

Plus, those timber blocks look really damn cool. Still haven't really seen the mud bricks the Indian (Hindi) villages that 1.0 added yet, though. I'm sure those look good too.

But yeah. Since I'm lazy, I started a new world without Mine Colony installed, and immediately found an area of cliffs and mountains reminiscent of the Bogota seed - although considerably shorter (the cliffs you find in Bogota can be layer 110+, but the cliffs I have are maybe 90+ or so). I like the terrain I have here, so I'm going to build here - there's also an Indian village very close to spawn, so I'll be helping that one grow as I build my own base.

Maybe once I have more than two furnaces, two chests, a workbench and a bed with some torches scattered around, I'll take some screenshots of the area. I also noted some ruins nearby, I need to go dig around there and see if I can find the treasure chests buried underneath (one of the mods included with YogBox). Those can be slightly overpowered if you're lucky, but oh well.

Link_Olaran.png

It's a fun way to waste some time when you're bored, I've got the Xbox indie game version, Got slightly addicted :P

Wait, it's out on XBox?

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about FortressCraft?

Yeah, they announced it at E3. Minecraft is officially on XBL! :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I'm still unable to connect to the DiamondSeekers server, is anyone else able to get on or is it down?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Got the cathedral as a schematic and pasted it in my SP world,i redesigned the facade,and removed the heavy butresses at the side, i also made use of the Stained Glass mod, though the mod doesnt work on our server unfortunatly :( so the coloured glass will just be plain glass there

20110801153010.png

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Server's down because i've been out of town setting up race day parties for Mobil 1. I just returned home so give me a few days to get back into the swing of things, i'm still trying to catch up on going from no sleep to a little sleep to finally getting some sleep. Oh and I got tickets to the Brickyard 400 in a suite so i couldn't pass that up.

Low_C.png

'Tis a shame, I was hoping that they'd stop moving towards you when you look straight at them. Would've made them far easier to deal with, just need to keep your crosshair on him. The guy who did the video is really good though, you can even see the enderman sort of shift like he's breathing or something (watch it's shoulders).

Still working on my under-cliff base. Installed the Seasons mod, currently is winter and snowing like hell (as it should). Found some ruins near my original spawn point, dug under it to find a treasure chest with a diamond block and 3 diamonds, with some other rare things (cake, apple, note blocks, lapis lazuli block, etc). I still think it's overpowered, but I may just be getting really lucky.

Once I get the floor done of my base (and roughen up the outer walls so it looks more natural), I'll see about posting some screenshots of it on here. It's a really nice area I picked, in my opinion.

Link_Olaran.png

I'd love to see the score system get reworked and reintroduced, personally - it used to be functional waaay back in early alpha, I thought.

However, the Yogbox happens to have a mod that re enables the scoring system, which I'm using now, although my score is -560 due to animals giving a negative score and me being on peaceful >.>

It would be kinda useful for keeping score for minigames and such (Vechs' Chicken Blaster Xtreme Turbo comes to mind - as mindless as it looks and sounds, it's hilarious for some strange reason).

My base is coming along nicely. Finally got enough smoothstone together to finish the inside floor, although I ran out of (char)coal so I had to start my branch mine to find more a tiny bit early. Spring has arrived, so now flowers and tall grass (and trees, which I didn't know could grow) are growing all over the bloody place. Making it slightly annoying to dry out mud bricks when all of the outside ground is covered in tall grass lol.

Need to be wary of the Indian village nearby, though. Their population has reached 15, which is dangerously close to what my previous world had when I started getting those infernal lagspikes of doom. I do have a newer version of Optifine (Optimine + Optifog), so maybe that will help. If not, my base is already on the outer limits of having the village active anyway (250 or so blocks away, villages freeze when you're 300 blocks away). I could easily shorten the activity limit as well, if I chose to.

Once I get some stuff installed into the base, then maybe screenshots. I want to make the outside look more natural, there are too many sharp angles in it currently.

Link_Olaran.png

I'd love to see the score system get reworked and reintroduced, personally - it used to be functional waaay back in early alpha, I thought.

However, the Yogbox happens to have a mod that re enables the scoring system, which I'm using now, although my score is -560 due to animals giving a negative score and me being on peaceful >.>

It would be kinda useful for keeping score for minigames and such (Vechs' Chicken Blaster Xtreme Turbo comes to mind - as mindless as it looks and sounds, it's hilarious for some strange reason).

My base is coming along nicely. Finally got enough smoothstone together to finish the inside floor, although I ran out of (char)coal so I had to start my branch mine to find more a tiny bit early. Spring has arrived, so now flowers and tall grass (and trees, which I didn't know could grow) are growing all over the bloody place. Making it slightly annoying to dry out mud bricks when all of the outside ground is covered in tall grass lol.

Need to be wary of the Indian village nearby, though. Their population has reached 15, which is dangerously close to what my previous world had when I started getting those infernal lagspikes of doom. I do have a newer version of Optifine (Optimine + Optifog), so maybe that will help. If not, my base is already on the outer limits of having the village active anyway (250 or so blocks away, villages freeze when you're 300 blocks away). I could easily shorten the activity limit as well, if I chose to.

Once I get some stuff installed into the base, then maybe screenshots. I want to make the outside look more natural, there are too many sharp angles in it currently.

What sort of mods are you using that get you Indain villages?

So today I learned that worldedit has a default position and that it sets it to that if you click air when setting positions.

I also learned that I really should double-check my positions.

wordeditoops.png

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

By the way guys, Minecraft isn't on XBL, it will be soon.

FortressCraft = An exact copy of minecraft on the Xbox, however you have to pay for the updates.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide]

FortressCraft = An exact copy of minecraft on the Xbox, however you have to pay for the updates.

FortressCraft: Trololol?[/hide]

Anyway... *looks up, Flodder's posts are on another page* Okay.

PICTURE HEAVY - INCOMING

[hide]

I love this, it's my favorite fortress so far. La Victoria, or The Victory, was slowly built through many other inspirations of other projects. Over the weekend I combined these ideas and started it.

I've ran into a chunk error too, so I had to MCEdit the fortress onto a new world...which is why, in the first picture bellow, the incomplete bridge to the lower left was supposed to be the civilian entrance...however, now it faces the water and now serves as the prisoner loading dock. It is why also on the second picture, the ground under the sea is so blocky/chunky. It is also also why, there are no paintings. MCEdit did not convert paintings, so most rooms should have more paintings. I've yet to fix these problems.

lavic02overall.jpg

lavic02overall.jpg

The front entrance has trenches and barbed wire (cobweb, item #30).

lavicfortressbarbedwire.jpg

The Courtyard. There is a small bunker under the twin set of stairs leading into the castle with two cannons sticking out.

lavicfortresscourtyard.jpg

A cannon, eh, mediocre, but I like it. Pull back the lever to fire! (doesn't really fire)

laviccannoncloseup.jpg

The Main Hall. It's empty, but it's supposed to be since several soldiers are moving through these halls. You can see barely on the left, the inside tree court, the right leads to the barracks/sleeping quarters, and the stairs lead to the mess hall.

lavicfortressmainhall.jpg

The Barracks. This can house 50 soldiers and since they take shifts, the castle is protected by 100 troops.

lavicfortressbarracks.jpg

The Mess Hall and the kitchen further back.

lavicfortressmesshall.jpg

The Top Tier. This is the viewpoint from the highest cannon-placed floor of the fortress, facing inland.

lavicfortresstopviewpoi.jpg

This is the Royal Lobby, where visitors wait to be seated for dinner. The passageways lead to, from left to right: Main Hall, King's Bedroom, Royal Throne Room, and (bottom) the guest bedrooms.

lavicroyallobby.jpg

The Royal Throne Room, where the King sits and guests have their fancy dinners. The automatic-opening door leading to the kitchen, is on the far wall.

lavicroyalroom.jpg

The King's Bedroom. We have his bed, his library, his desk, and his bathtub.

sroomz.jpg

The Tactical Room. Srs military discussions are had here. The 'map' is supposed to be of the island the fortress resides upon. Top secret: guards at the posts, a wall block roaming eyes through the doors' windows, even the toilet is sent to a lava chamber; a secure disposal of information...and other, matters...

lavictacticalroom.jpg

Last but not least, the jail. It's located under the tactical room and can only be accessed through the prisoner dock discussed in the first picture.

lavicfortressjail.jpg

[/hide]

That was a mouthful. :-?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Better than the more compact castle design I went for on the diamond seekers server. Eventually I plan to have a closer layout to that with a courtyard and an extension into the sea (with a fortitified dock).

If the server comes back up :P.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Diamondseeker's,

Sorry for the wait, I have gotten the issues with the server sorted out and as of now it is ONLINE. The problem was that while I was away for the past 4 days, the power must have went out so the server was forcefully shut off. With that problem created a snowball effect which changed my internal IP somehow and thus messed up the port forwarding within my router settings. I have gotten that all sorted aswell as upgraded the server from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3. If anyone needs added to the white-list and wants to play just let me know via pm and include minecraft names, and if you need the server ip. The port is still 25565, have fun playing.

~Low

Low_C.png