Minecraft General

demby123

That photo reminds me of the Texture Pack 'Realism'.

EDIT: The awkward moment when your Laptop that is 5 years old and [cabbage]ty can play MineCraft, but my desktop which is 6 months old and has very high specs which plays all modern games fine, cannot.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Ya I've noticed increased squid spawns lately. They're everywhere! My girlfriend built an underwater cavern with a sugarcane wall to the outside underwater, and squid keep getting stuck in the sugarcane. It's really funny.

Flyingjj.png

Why did you turn hostile mobs on on the Diamond Seekers Server :o

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Because everyone who has played regularly on the server requested it so they could gather resources only acquired by killing mobs.. I have had Essentials Mod loaded from the start, type /help1-10 to see commands. One of said commands is /godmode which prevents you from dying. Use that if you do not want the challenge.

Low_C.png

Yeah I agree with it now. Just got myself a wolf which i couldn't have got without it being turned on :)

Anyway I'm not going to be here until the 22nd Lowc.

ojdv.jpg

My sole issue with mobs being on is I seem to be lagging far more than I did before - I can't confirm if it's actually just harder to load with mobs on, or if my internet's just being a pain in the ass yet, though.

That's the reason I haven't been on for a bit, though. May try later tonight again, it could just have been my modem screwing up.

Regardless, I'm not going to ask for mobs to be turned back off - that would be unfair to everyone else on the server. I'll either suck it up or not come back on as much, I guess. Started working on my SSP base anyway :P

Link_Olaran.png

Wouldn't having mobs on on a multiplayer server cause your buildings to be blown up by creepers?

there is a mod/plugin that allows Creepers damage your health,but not your buildings

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I should probably hop on the server later tonight, but I'm currently in the process of rearranging my current modlist (and downloading a rather large one), so I probably won't have time, lol.

Also, in my digging around on the MC Forums, I found this:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/310298-173robintons-mods/

One of the mods this person created increases the height limit of a Minecraft map. Actually, increasing it is too weak of a word. The new limit with this mod is 4096 blocks (sea level still being at layer 64, going up to 2048 and down to -2048). That is absolutely insane - I personally though this was impossible, unless we wanted to unleash the mother of all lag monsters onto Minecraft, but apparently this one doesn't lag a severe amount. I won't be using it yet, since it's still an early release and is still buggy, but I'm most certainly keeping an eye on it's progress. Plus they've created a few other mods that also look somewhat interesting - the Volcano and Better Water mods in particular would be interesting to have (although I'll note djoslin already has his own FiniteWater mod which functions similarly to this Better Water mod).

Imagine the build projects one could do with that limit...

Link_Olaran.png

I should probably hop on the server later tonight, but I'm currently in the process of rearranging my current modlist (and downloading a rather large one), so I probably won't have time, lol.

Also, in my digging around on the MC Forums, I found this:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/310298-173robintons-mods/

One of the mods this person created increases the height limit of a Minecraft map. Actually, increasing it is too weak of a word. The new limit with this mod is 4096 blocks (sea level still being at layer 64, going up to 2048 and down to -2048). That is absolutely insane - I personally though this was impossible, unless we wanted to unleash the mother of all lag monsters onto Minecraft, but apparently this one doesn't lag a severe amount. I won't be using it yet, since it's still an early release and is still buggy, but I'm most certainly keeping an eye on it's progress. Plus they've created a few other mods that also look somewhat interesting - the Volcano and Better Water mods in particular would be interesting to have (although I'll note djoslin already has his own FiniteWater mod which functions similarly to this Better Water mod).

Imagine the build projects one could do with that limit...

Im going and try to paste my World Trade center in that right away :D

2nv5bvl.png

Construction update

20110719174035.png

Added butresses to the sides of the facade,made the towers more Gothic-ish,added places for would-be statues

2nv5bvl.png

The problem why I can't build such epic stuff like that, is that I can't add detail. I can totally do the outline and such, but the pillars, glass layouts, buttresses, etc? I can't figure it out.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm so un-coordinated and crappy at building, so I can't build big, cool stuff like that.

How do you people do it?