Minecraft General

demby123

Here's a secret door vid, sadly with sticky pistons (and norm) they're so buggy, you cant wire them up at once to activate from 1 lever and requires lots of circuitry and switches, makes it a nightmare and messy.

Popoto.~<3

Secret doors, you ask?

I don't know why but my circuit kept blowing my red stone torches, after they had been working fine for over 20 tries, so I had to change the position of them, which wasn't a hassle.

Obviously mine is basic, and you would use stone or something rather than glass, but it helps you get the idea.

[spoiler=Click for plcitures]Enterance. Uses a button, on clean stone. The water hides it, so you can't see a difference.

2011-07-02_094000.png

Button

2011-07-02_094006.png

Circuity stuff

2011-07-02_094012.png

2011-07-02_094028.png

2011-07-02_094022.png

2011-07-02_093242.png

EDIT: you have to place the not gates really close to the button to stop them blowing out, which is weird.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Secret doors, you ask?

I don't know why but my circuit kept blowing my red stone torches, after they had been working fine for over 20 tries, so I had to change the position of them, which wasn't a hassle.

Obviously mine is basic, and you would use stone or something rather than glass, but it helps you get the idea.

[spoiler=Click for plcitures]Snip

EDIT: you have to place the not gates really close to the button to stop them blowing out, which is weird.

You should get a texture pack. I used to stick with the default texture pack, but if you get a good one (32x32 or 64x64) it really looks great. It takes a bit of getting used to but its worth it

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Does anyone know performance enhancing mods updated for 1.6.6? Optifog's not working for me for some reason... Link, you should know some good ones. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Secret doors, you ask?

[spoiler=Click for plcitures]Snip

You should get a texture pack. I used to stick with the default texture pack, but if you get a good one (32x32 or 64x64) it really looks great. It takes a bit of getting used to but its worth it

Yeah, I just got one that looks really realistic which is great.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Optifog/Optimine was a big pain in the ass to get working for me, for some reason. I'm still not entirely sure, but it's the only one I ever used, so I'm unsure what else is available :/

I did only use the combined version of the two for 1.6.6, so maybe using one of the two separately would work? I'll go look and see if they're able to be dl'ed separate or not.

EDIT: Took at least 20 min to dig up the topic for Optimine/Optifog for some reason, lol. I personally only tried using the combined version in this topic:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-166-optifog-and-optimine-f-hd-fps-boost/

And I had some issues with it - it'd work for a little while, but then I'd start getting random lagspikes. Looking at the fifty billion download links he has there, I can pick out a separate dl for both Optifog and Optimine, so maybe trying either of them separately will work somewhat better (plus it seems there's an alternative version of the combined version, which may work as well, I'm not sure.

I can't really test since I've already updated to 1.7 >.< and this mod hasn't been updated yet. Shouldn't have been impatient with updating, I guess :/

(for reference, the version I used is the one at the very top, OptiFog + Optimine 1.6.6_F_HD)

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

Yep, I tried using them separating and not getting the 'HD' one and it works. Thanks Link. :thumbup:

Thanks to this, I can now play my first survival map for 1.6.6 - instead of building things with INVedit.

I used the PhoenixTerrainMod (Biome mod) and it's Sequioa tree plug-in makes them look out of place in the desert; but hey, whatever. :razz:

[hide]insideu.jpg

outsideaq.jpg[/hide]

So how do you guys feel about the 1.8 update? NPC villagers and the likes?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Glad to help, Gio :)

Since I'm a huge fan of Millenaire, NPC villages looks extremely appealing to me. Same with the adventure update, although I'm unsure if it's an adventure mode, or just a bunch of new items and things to help create more of an adventure type thing in the preexisting game. Curious as to what the NPCs will be, though. I don't recall Notch specifying what they'll be recently, but I thought I heard ages ago that it may be pigmen, goblins, or humans. I know I read goblins somewhere, but idk if it was from Notch, or if it was related to villages or not.

I'm really hoping it introduces spike blocks similar to the ones in AdventureCraft that Peronix then modded to be used in normal Minecraft - did large amounts of damage, but didn't destroy drops (I think the AC version destroyed items, but Peronix's version didn't). That would be immensely helpful for creating mob traps.

I should get around to downloading Phoenix Terrain Mod, but knowing how I acted with Biome Terrain Mod, I'd spend more time fiddling with the settings and generating worlds than actually playing >.>

As for me currently, I'm playing through (or at least trying to) the Super Hostile maps again. I stopped trying on Kaizo Caverns due to my being too chicken to deal with skeletons until I got re used to combat in vanilla maps, but after I did that, I jumped right into Legendary, his newest map.

A very bad idea, I found out. Let's just say I had a bad experience with a creeper, a sandfall trap over lava, and then got the [cabbage] scared out of me by 4+ ghast spawners hidden in a bunker, so I stopped playing. Headed to the beginning of the series instead, so I'm currently playing Sea of Flames. Quite a bit easier to deal with, although still difficult - I already accidentally activated a tnt trap on the side of the island which then blew a big chunk out of that side of the island, which then flooded in with lava (it isn't called a sea of flames for nothing).

Just cleared out a bunker with (I think) two creeper spawners, a spider spawner, and a skeleton spawner in it. Looted the two chests, chuckled at the sign saying 'you should be valuing grass over diamonds right about now', and that's where I stopped for the moment. Trying to watch a LP of Kaizo Caverns by Zisteau - on chapter 47 right now, and he just posted the final chapter (50) today, so I'm trying to finish up to see what he's doing next. Really hoping it's Legendary, I have a grudge and want to see that map get obliterated now.

Link_Olaran.png

Yes it was Goblins. He said he foresaw Minecraft having neutral Goblins' trading villages scattered around the world. To me, it sounded like a Warcraft Ratchet or Booty Bay type thing. :razz:

But yeah, I'm all for it. Also 1.8 will make combat and hunting monsters more reward-able, which is something I really, really look forward to. I might as well download some pre-made Adventure/Survival makes they make down at the MC forums in the meantime.

Oh, and not sure if you knew this Link, but this thread has some nice codes for Phoenix Terrain. Usually only a minor tweak is needed to suit it for your personal touch. Unfortunately the 'database' isn't as extensive it was for previous versions, but it's damn handy.

siggy3s.jpg

I'll probably play again when 1.8 comes out. I like minecraft but it gets tiring for me just building things. I feel like there are probably a lot of people in my position looking forward to this update.

*completely unfazed by the sight of two creepers*

>_>

Seriously, after playing on any Super Hostile map, that's practically normal, lol. At least you have a diamond sword, at the beginning of Legendary (SH #7), there's a gravel wall that, if you dig out, you reveal... something like six creeper spawners. This is in the "Humble Start" section, by the way. You probably won't even have a weapon at that point, so... have fun? :P

Anyway, smartassery aside, I've been sorta working on my playthrough of the Sea of Flames (SH #1). Managed to burrow under the surface of the island to break all of the spawners (or so I hope). Half of the damn things were creeper spawners, at that -.-

Still at least three skeleton spawners hidden in a stone spire in the corner of the island, but due to the fact it leans out over lava, and the skeles start pouring out of a hole in the side of it onto the only solid bridge to it whenever I go near it, the damn thing can stay there. I can probably turn it into a skeleton trap later anyway, I could use the arrows/bonemeal. It's not like we get an infinite supply of wood when we're on a tiny island completely and utterly surrounded by lava <.<

Volcano was a tiny bit troublesome to investigate. Fairly sure I missed something, but after almost falling into a dungeon with yet another creeper spawner, I decided to just leave it be for now.

At least I have the entire surface lit up now, so I won't get any more natural mob spawns to harass me. Plenty of saplings as well, so I shouldn't run out of wood, but I have zero bonemeal, so I should make what I have last until I can get myself situated underground, and hopefully find my way to the victory monument to set up a proper base there.

Of course, now the only way to go is straight down, into either one of the helpfully labeled "Rabbit Holes", which are dark, and I heard a crapton of zombies down Hole #1. Probably isn't going to end well, knowing my luck >.>

Link_Olaran.png

I'm opening up a server for a while to play around on and I was inviting people I remembered from the old Diamond-seekers servers. You are all welcome to come check it out, I can't guarentee it will remain active again but we shall see.

PM me for the server IP and i'll send it to you guys, we're starting from scratch because it's more fun to populate a world from scratch imo.

Low_C.png

Anyone else unable to play MineCraft? Mine loads Maojang, shows the background of the main screen then goes to black.

ojdv.jpg

Do you have META-INF deleted?

*twitch* That's the worst mod help you can give me personally, I already know that! :razz:

But if there was an update (I don't personally know), then you would want to follow Tim's post.

I'm opening up a server for a while to play around on and I was inviting people I remembered from the old Diamond-seekers servers. You are all welcome to come check it out, I can't guarentee it will remain active again but we shall see.

PM me for the server IP and i'll send it to you guys, we're starting from scratch because it's more fun to populate a world from scratch imo.

Awesome. I didn't reply to you through PM because I thought you could get flooded with replies from other people anyway, but I might stop by. I don't play much Minecraft anymore and the last server was a bit laggy for me, but I might stop by once in a while. Glad TIF has a MC server again though.

siggy3s.jpg

I'll be joining in on the Diamondseekers server as well (assuming my internet behaves, anyway), so hopefully I'll see you guys there :)

I did give my MC account to my girlfriend, so my new account's username is one that will cause a bit less confusion (link_olaran). She may also join in, but I'm guessing it's completely dependent on if I can get on, lol.

In my current solo world, I have uhm.... Ore Redistribution and Airship installed for mods (nothing major for once). Ore Redistribution I think I had installed before (and commented about it on here) but the coding's changed a fair bit since then - ore seems to be far harder to find, but it's in larger chunks - the iron vein I located after about 4 days of stumbling through caves (looking for coal, so it irked me slightly) gave me nearly 30 iron blocks worth of iron (don't even know if I got it all, honestly), and after returning home in my snazzy airship, I started work on my underground base, and literally just after I finished one furnace/storage room and started on another... coal deposit.

After using up about 15 iron pickaxes and filling an entire double chest of coal, I say hell with it, wall it off from my furnace room, put a door in with a sign that says "Endless Coal Mine". I seriously don't think the damn thing will end, I'm wondering if it's a glitch or not. At least I have nigh unlimited stock of coal for my base (and I suppose it's rather convenient that it's literally right next to (and under) one of my furnace rooms, lol.

Still lots left to do, though - it's underground, but I want a skylight, but I'm also sitting under a frozen lake for the most part - clearing out the water was the easy part, but I still need to smelt down a crapton of glass and actually start filling in the empty hole I have walled off now.

With any luck, I'll hit an iron vein somewhat close to my base, so I won't run out of iron tools (been using iron ever since that one vein of iron, lol).

Link_Olaran.png

Everything is sorted, I ended up figuring out the problem was that I didn't input my internal IP correctly into the notepad file associated with the server. I now have everything sorted and if anyone wants to join the server just ask here or shoot me a pm, I'd like to keep the IP private or else i'd just post it here but it shouldn't be too hard to just request an invite and i'll pm the server ip to you guys via private messaging here on tip.it. As for the server, we're doing a fresh start since it's fun starting from scratch. I will decide on if we're going to run mods and such when I see how well the server runs once we get a good load of people building.

td;dr if you want to join diamondseekers server shoot me a pm or ask here.

Edit: We've agreed on using Bogota as a seed world, if anyone hasn't seen it before check it out on Youtube or something, it's amazing.

Low_C.png

It's not a texture pack. It's a 3D rendering.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang