Minecraft General

demby123

If Minecraft runs on java then that means Xbox runs java?

* Xbox uses their own language, which is basically C#. And C# and Java are nearly identical. All mods are done in java as well, I think. There is very little, if any, adjusting necessary. It's just a matter of how.

'How' meaning publishing and such? Yeah that's the thinking part. But as Halo says, it's just a fat cash cow for Notch and Microsoft.

Not to say I don't want it on Xbox. I think it's a great addition for MC. The virus will spread. :mrgreen:

*And I meant to say "If Microsoft can run Java"...makes me look like an idiot if I think Xbox runs on Java. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

oh my thats good

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Okay

i set up a server with a friend of mine and i decided we're putting it open for TIF members who would like to play with eachother

PM me your username,and ill PM you the details of the server,in order to use it you'll need Hamachi though

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Wtf. LulzSec just took down Minecraft. They're going on a rampage and posting everything they're targeting on twitter.

Just sunk the Minecraft login server, looks like their website also got hit from overkill: http://t.co/E3QnDYm not even firing at the site.

https://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec

This is ridiculous.

EDIT: It's back up now.

1icyna.png

I haven't played MineCraft since 1.5, so forgive me for my nub. Can someone go through the changes that have occurred to the game. Are boosters now nerfed?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I haven't played MineCraft since 1.5, so forgive me for my nub. Can someone go through the changes that have occurred to the game. Are boosters now nerfed?

Yup. Sucks tbh, though they've replaced them with 'powered tracks'.

EDIT: It says 'done loading' then does this:

Z4c98.jpg

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Yup. Sucks tbh, though they've replaced them with 'powered tracks'.

EDIT: It says 'done loading' then does this:

Z4c98.jpg

Did you install any mods just before playing? Or anything to otherwise change minecraft.jar?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Nope, can't exactly/no point in installing mods if I can't get on in the first place. Haven't touched the minecraft.jar.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Hey guys, I have a server that welcomes all new people nicely. I'm decently known here. Come check it out

I've built a huge persian palace & fountain so far :D

67.197.190.150:25565

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Cool, might check it out tomorrow.

Guys, anyone know a site I can upload files to? I made a short adventure map and need feedback.

Rapidshare, megaupload?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

When I was part of a Terraria succession game, I uploaded my save to 4shared - the only upload website that'll work with dialup, apparently >_>

That being said, the common sites I see used are Mediafire, Rapidshare, Dropbox, etc. Any of those will work, although I'm unsure if you require a free account to upload or not.

Also, Hugger, I may try and join your server, but I have no clue if my dialup can handle it. I could get on Diamond Seekers when that was still up, but that's the sole server I've ever been able to get on :/

That being said, I've started playing again, mostly due to Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE survival map series:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-survcollection-%E2%98%A0-vechs-super-hostile-series-%E2%98%A0-6-out/

Easily the most difficult maps I've ever seen. Absolutely hilarious to watch some of the LPs for this (Zisteau's one of Kaizo Caverns is what I watch here and there now), but it's insanely hard to actually play. After trying both Sea of Flames and Kaizo Caverns myself, I discovered just how rusty I am with combat (Vechs recommends at least normal difficulty, if not hard, for his maps, otherwise you're a pansy and 'go die in a fire' (lol)).

So, I started playing normally, although now on hard difficulty. I've grown too used to peaceful, so I need to get myself to stop being a pansy and get back into fighting again. Moreso since Vechs is releasing a 7th SUPER HOSTILE map in about a week (and yes, it's in all caps on purpose), and he has already stated it's his largest and hardest map to date. Personally, I'm nearly pissing my pants in fear of that statement alone, due to the sheer amount of... '[bleep]ery' (his word, not mine, assuming it doesn't get censored out) that was in Kaizo Caverns, his current hardest map.

Only playing with a couple mods this time, though. Millenaire, Weapon Mod, Better than Wolves mod is it. No grappling hook, or minimap, or anything I'd normally jump to installing. Oh, and my texture pack of choice for now (DokuCraft).

My base is coming along nicely - I had the idea of finding a hill, hollowing it out, and putting windows in it, and that sprouted into a pretty large complex (more due to the fact I picked what looked at first to be a small hill, but I sorely underestimated how large it was...), although a very empty complex. It's basically a big open room right now, with my crafting bench/furnaces in one corner, a patch of fenced in grass in another, and a couple chests. And my bedroom, which I fully believe is cursed, so I always switch to peaceful before sleeping because I keep getting eaten by zombies whenever I sleep even though I KNOW I've designed the room to be 'safe'.

Going to start putting in some sort of support beams/pillars/rafters/etc made of stone and wood, to make it look more realistic - plus it should look nicer if I use the rafters to make a partial second floor for more storage or something. Lots of ideas, I just hope I can actually build it all...

Also, I located a Minecraft map that apparently is a perfect replica of Earth's surface - and the map is absolutely [bleep]ing huge. When it's compressed, it's 442mb. Extracted, it's something like 3.5gb. I'm going to attempt to download it, although it'll take me a week(s) of downloading at night to get it. I'd love to be able to build in something this gigantic. It would make for an interesting server map as well, I would think. If any of you want the link, just ask, I'm sure I can hunt it down again (forgot to bookmark it, of course).

Link_Olaran.png

Please do find that link.

Checked on one of my worlds since I finally have free time, apparently minecraft decided a corner of my castle should actually be a tree...

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

Bugger all, apparently TIF didn't bother to notify me of new responses again -.- sorry about that, Fizzzard. I'll try to locate the link, but seeing as the Minecraft Forums are currently down, it won't do much good as of right now.

I'll edit this post once I locate the link. It should hopefully be in my history still...

Edit: Got it - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/224048-creation-the-earth-updated-final/

Just a quick update on my own playing - my main base has progressed nicely, although I'm getting bored again. Decided to try out a wasteland terrain generation mod along with Survivalism (I'll give links at the bottom of this post). I'm only playing on peaceful, but that's difficult enough lol. Died of thirst on my first world, second world is going a little better, but I still have no source of food - since it's a wasteland, there's no grass. Anywhere. So no passive mobs spawning, thus no food. And very, very little water left, so no fishing. I did manage to locate two pools of water, so I technically have unlimited water for the time being, but I still need to find a source of food... the only food I've found so far was a loaf of bread in one ruined house (which I immediately ate), and 3 wheat in another house, which I still have. After that though, I'm pretty much screwed.

Links to the two mods:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/386574-166-wasteland-mod-v055-smp-compatible-now-with-ruins/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/349163-166ssp-survivalism-v144/

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

Still busy with the Cathedral,the choir is done,now busy with the transept and the nave+aisles+triforium+clerestory

and apparantly,the vaults of a Cathedral are one of the best places to have a base,

http://yfrog.com/kgpezp

which,if he would have it in real ife,would be just under the roof,at the rear end of the Cathedral

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

What's with my cursed luck? I downloaded it to Ubuntu and it still won't work.

-Random Youtuber