Minecraft General

demby123

New poster in this thread, just saying that there's a reason I almost always play on easy mode. Only time I've turned it off on my main game file is for testing my cactus spider trap.

Right now I'm trying to put a dirt roof over my main area so it's got an "under the hill" feel to it or something o_o

Like a secret lair. It's a pretty big cave system, there's some awesome secret entrances to it. My favorite one an obscure underwater entrance. I also made a fishing dock in the middle of the sea o_O

Sadly, I still die in easy mode due to lava on occasion.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Nick, would you consider me to be as crazy as I once was if I accept your challenge?

Crazy to accept, genius to accomplish. :smile:

I just realized, after playing for about a weeks time game-time, I hadn't started on a farm. Beds seriously make the game 70% safer. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Nick, would you consider me to be as crazy as I once was if I accept your challenge?

I just realized, after playing for about a weeks time game-time, I hadn't started on a farm. Beds seriously make the game 70% safer. :mrgreen:

Again, what exactly stops people from playing on easy mode? I play the game to run around, mine, collect resources and build stuff. If I want a combat game I can find far, far better ones out there. Only reason I'd turn it off easy mode is if I want to collect stuff. I mainly use my bed to get rid of thunderstorms, because rain lags me up a bunch.

Oh and what's this challenge.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Again, what exactly stops people from playing on easy mode? I play the game to run around, mine, collect resources and build stuff. If I want a combat game I can find far, far better ones out there. Only reason I'd turn it off easy mode is if I want to collect stuff. I mainly use my bed to get rid of thunderstorms, because rain lags me up a bunch.

Oooh, that sounded bad. I wasn't referring to you, I'm just noticing a trend in my game before beds were introduced and now. Yeah, sorry about that, posting right after yours made it seem like I was directing it about you, but that's not the case.

The challenge is to build a computer in Minecraft that can run Minecraft.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Oh. I saw that a couple pages back, randomly browsing. That would be absolutely amazing if you pulled it off. I'm still wondering why beds add safety when there's just an easy mode to go into. Even despawns dangerous mobs >_>

Also, kinda random, if you want to loot a bunch of farm animals, just find an area of grass where they spawn, dig out a few blocks of dirt, put in netherstone (the flammable stuff) and light it on fire. I think the increased light increases the spawn rate, especially at night. I'll walk out there every now and then, pick up random loot from random deaths.

Also, one of these days I'm gonna want help with a monster grinder... could use gunpowder and bones.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Oh. I saw that a couple pages back, randomly browsing. That would be absolutely amazing if you pulled it off. I'm still wondering why beds add safety when there's just an easy mode to go into. Even despawns dangerous mobs >_>

Beds work if you're the type that doesn't change difficulty and want combat. Since before, you were forced to stay out in the night (usually boredom would make you do something outside of home) but now we can completely skip that.

siggy3s.jpg

Yeah, Notch changed it in the last update that ladders with gaps in them don't work - you have to have a full ladder from top to bottom or else you get stuck. No skipping every other block when placing now, but in return ladder crafting gives two ladder pieces instead of one. So it's basically the same.

Link_Olaran.png

And yeah I know firsthand what you mean about people not thinking of the modder. On my thread like 95% of the posts are people wondering when my mods will be updated, or asking for certain features or what have you. Yet I haven't received a single donation through PayPal. And then people [bleep] when I start using ad fly. -.- And yet I spent 30+ hours on the hookshot's rope swing functionality alone...

I *just* came from the Discussion Forum from the MC forums, where there was a thread-starter literally being annoyed by the 5 second wait. :evil:

God, if school wasn't so boring right now I wouldn't browse that dump... *sigh*

siggy3s.jpg

How did that creeper not just blow up and kill you o_O

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

creepers have a sneak mode and a hi ima blow you up mode iirc

he might just be stuck in sneak mode and is looking for a place to hide still

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

How did that creeper not just blow up and kill you o_O

He's probably running a mod that stops them from blowing up.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Nothing's quite as hilarious as the nightmare mode mod that allows you to set how a creeper detects and follows you, and how they react when stuck behind objects.

So if you put it to max dectection distances and explode-on-trapping...hilarity ensues. XD

hzvjpwS.gif

Don't get the new millenaire version. I'm having crashes on startup after adding it. Can't wait for it to get fixed, though. They added cattle ranchers.

EDIT: It's not bugged, it just has a new install procedure. Read the readme!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

creepy2.png

D:

Wha... How did you get so many?

Got any tnt on you?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

<snip>

D:

Wha... How did you get so many?

Got any tnt on you?

I spawned a few extra using the single player commands mod. It's actually kind of fun playing survival with a hundred or so creepers running after you. :P

http://notch.tumblr.com/

The maps!

I’m currently working on 1.6, which will be mostly a bug fix update. I will be going through bug lists (including the great one on the Minecraft wiki) and fixing as many as I can. There’s no set date for the update yet as I don’t know how long it’ll take to go through the list.

The only new feature that will appear is the mapping.

When you craft a map, you will be able to somehow select how “zoomed in” you want the map to be. It will be centered on the location where you craft it, and it will fill in as you explore the land. If you go outside the edges of the map, it will stop updating, so each map is of a specific area. (like real maps!)

Here’s a screenshot of a fully zooomed in map (good for town maps, for example):

And here’s a screenshot of a fully zoomed out map:

If you drop a map and someone else picks it up, they will be able to see your progress. You will also be able to (somehow) CLONE maps so that two separate map items link to the same map data. That means you can see what other players carrying the same map explores, and both you and them will show up as blinking dots or similar on the maps.

Currently, the map will only update if you’re holding it in your hands, but the map will kind of hide away when you’re looking straight forward. To see the map properly, you have to look down, thisly:

Any changes you make to the terrain will show up on the maps, but only once someone carrying the map gets near that area. In other words, you won’t magically get to see changes far away on the map.

At the moment the map doesn’t work at all in multiplayer, but that’s my next task. The code I write to support that will also be possible to reuse in the future for things like books and notes written by players, and possibly even custom paintings/hand drawn signs.

There’s a hard limit of 65536 unique maps per world, though, and I don’t think I can get around that without breaking the code very bad. I’m trying to figure out if the limit is high enough or if I should spend the time rewriting the code..

posted 10 hours ago

Also he finally decided that the Mod API will be completely free. Huzzah.

hzvjpwS.gif

Added some more mods to my very small list. After I install, I'm going to have Planes, Team colors, crashed boats drop 5 wood, and sloped roofs. :mrgreen:

But I got a question: how do I 'back-u'p MC v.1.5_01? I don't want another update to be released, messing up my mods. I do I avoid the auto-updating? Just turning off my internet? Is there another way?

siggy3s.jpg