Minecraft General

demby123

borat-very-nice.jpg

First time I've seen a hangar in MineCraft.

Thaannkkss! 'Twas Link's idea. I just beat him to it beause I INVEdited. hahaha.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Yeah, I just got my own biplane built, took it on a quick test run (got stuck in the plane in the process and couldn't figure out how the hell to make it move first, though), landed it on my airstrip... and my hangar's not long enough. So I need to extend it out a ways just so I can close the hangar door once it's built and wired up. Even then, it'll only hold the one plane lol.

I'll probably post a screenie later today or tomorrow, depending on how my mining goes. Mining out cobble and coal for the village requirements (cobblestone and smooth stone) is my priority right now.

Link_Olaran.png

Have you guys ever heard of The Art of War? I imagine these planes would be awesome in 'wars'. :mrgreen: Wooden buildings useless to napalm, DEEP underground bunkers against the big bombs, iron mining skyrocketing...

I was planning on building a hangar myself, but didn't feel like playing yet. Whenever I do, I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with the mega throne palace I built on the last page and how an airport will fit there.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I actually read through the Art of War topic a while back. Major information overload for my poor brain, lol.

The idea of it in Minecraft is actually quite interesting, though. I'd like to see something like this happen, although it would take a lot of work.

Actually, I'm gonna read it again >.>

Link_Olaran.png

Still have to finish off bits and pieces...the bridge kept getting blown up by creepers -.-

Everything is made legit too :D Taking frickin forever too...I actually ended up burning down the first layout of it :(

[hide=]BAMworld1.png[/hide]

[hide=]BAMworld2.png[/hide]

[hide=]BAMworld3.png[/hide]

[hide=]BAMworld4.png[/hide]

[hide=]BAMworld5.png[/hide]

[hide=]BAMworld6.png[/hide]

[hide=]BAMworld7.png[/hide]

[hide=]BAMworld8.png[/hide]

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I actually read through the Art of War topic a while back. Major information overload for my poor brain, lol.

The idea of it in Minecraft is actually quite interesting, though. I'd like to see something like this happen, although it would take a lot of work. Would be awesome to do it though.

Actually, I'm gonna read it again >.>

Yeah, well, I didn't read all of it neither. And I read it months ago so I don't even know the new stuff. :mrgreen: The problem with making that though, is the vast number of people needed. Server's just are too buggy and laggy for that right now.

Still have to finish off bits and pieces...the bridge kept getting blown up by creepers -.-

Everything is made legit too :D Taking frickin forever too...I actually ended up burning down the first layout of it :(

[hide=]BAMworld1.png[/hide]

Mother of God, those stairs are like the ones in the Mayan pyramids. And it's done legit? A medal to you, sir.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Oh snap, didn't expect that...diagonal tower!

I'm going to guess the stone-halfblock pillars are frames for some huge glass window surrounding the tower?

siggy3s.jpg

Just a heads up to those using/may start using the Millenaire mod:

Like it says somewhere in the topic, it starts lagging when the population increases. Quite severely once it gets high. I seem to have hit the proverbial brick wall at about 25 people, but other can get up to 40 ish. If you're going to try this mod, I wouldn't recommend having anything else installed with it, unless you have a hell of a powerful computer. I normally have zero issue at far view distance/fancy graphics, and only a tiny bit of choppiness with better lighting on, but right now, it's slowing me down to a crawl with 25 people. I've already crashed maybe... 3 times, and my fps has dropped occasionally into the single digits.

The creator is attempting to fix the lag issues for it for the next update, though. So I'd hold off on dl'ing it until then, or if you have it already, be wary of how much power this thing will eat up for your pc. I suppose a temporary fix would be to kill off a few villagers (preferably without them trying to kill you afterwards), but I don't want to do that, lol. I'm just going to back up my jar and save file, and remove the mod and start a new world until the lag issue is fixed.

It's still one of the best mods I've seen, though. Just horribly intensive on my pc.

Well, at least I can reinstall the nature mod now, hopefully :P as for my hangar, I did get my plane built and flew it around a few times, but like I said before, I needed to expand the hangar outward just to hold it. With the lag as it is now, I doubt I'll be doing that, so I'll just build a new one on my new world once I get it ready and show that instead.

Link_Olaran.png

I'm curious as to what optifog is (I never saw it on the forum before), but optimine I do recognize. I should go and look and see if it's compatible with my current set of mods, then.

Kim, you may have saved my save file, if it works :P

EDIT: They both function with my modset, although I had to turf CrystalClearWaters for it. And there's an increase in fps, but I'm still getting the choppiness like before, although it's considerably less severe. It's still not playable, but with the next update, if they iron out some of the lag, it should.

For now though, I'm just going to mod a new jar file without Millenaire in it. I'll play with that and a new world till the lag is resolved.

Still, I noticed my framerate went up considerably, so without Millenaire screwing around with it, I should be able to run around with max graphics settings easily. Thanks for mentioning those two mods, Kim.

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

A couple friends and I started a server today that we're basically building a bunch of different cities and towns on. Hopefully we'll release it for download at some point.

I was the only one able to do anything today but I started on a town built into the cliffs in this valley.

So far I've built this:

day1.png

There's more inside and hopefully it'll eventually extend all the way around the valley.

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

Wow. World seed and coordinates?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Spawn area is different for everyone, I believe. You have to hit one of the f keys, f3 I think, and it'll show the x, y, and z axises.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Clearly Portal 2 is a bigger priority.

Of course.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

It is. For everyone.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It is. For everyone.

Nope.avi

Actually, if I played Minecraft, I wouldn't want 1.5 to be released: it'll break my mods. :razz:

siggy3s.jpg