Minecraft General

demby123

Assuming you have the updated client (which shows the recent update news as it's posted on tumblr, I think), it'll ask you if you want to update anyway (and you can click no thanks or something). Otherwise, just forcefully screw up your login info, and just click play offline.

Just as a precaution, I always back up my files when I update - bin, resources, minecraft[Caution: Executable File], etc - all into a rar file. So, if something really explodes on me, I have the fresh copy of everything of each update - although only the jar file in the bin folder is necessary, I like having it all backed up. I also periodically back up my modded jar file and current saves - particularly when I add new mods.

That being said, quick update on my world. I have a nice wooden house (more like a small mansion, but still) in the middle of a valley. About (estimating here) 30 chunks east of me is a desert with a village (Millenaire one) next to it. In the process of building a minecart system that can take me from one spot to the other right now. I managed to build it about 1/3rd of the way there with my current stock of ore yesterday, so last night and today I spent some time mining away. Started a branch mine - turns out my information about diamonds only appearing at layer 12 and below was wrong, that's actually lava - diamonds can appear at layer 18 and below or so. Didn't even finish digging out the room for the storage before I started digging tunnels before I hit a cave.

An absolutely monstrous cave.

Several hours, almost 20 diamonds, 4 stacks of iron, 2/3rds stack of gold, 4-5 stacks of redstone, 5-6 stacks of coal later, I just left. I fudged the numbers a bit, but my inventory was completely full. Went through a diamond pick and a half just digging through this cave system. And I didn't even finish exploring the entire thing, I gave up because my invy was too full.

So, went back up into my main storage/furnace area just under my house, smelted all my iron and gold down, made 4 stacks of normal tracks (still 3 1/4 stacks of iron left in storage), all my gold into powered tracks (something like 42 tracks made), and went to work.

Got to the end of the currently built bridge and realized, all this track will do crap all if I don't have cobblestone to build the bridge with. And I only had 2 1/2 stacks left. That wouldn't get me over the lake in front of me, let alone the rest of the way to the village >_<

So, back to the mines I go. For cobblestone, stacks upon stacks of which I had tossed in my caveing adventure. Could've used that right about now >.>

Link_Olaran.png

I have an issue with the new hd texture pack patcher as well - whenever I try to switch in game, it crashes (but still makes the change, oddly enough).

I can take a poke around the patcher thread/texture pack thread if you want, but I'd need to know the texture pack you're using. I dunno if I can find anything, though. I've never had that issue before.

EDIT: Took a peek at the last few pages of the patcher's topic on MC Forum. Someone had the same crash with the same symptoms a few days ago. They were asked if they had modded the jar file first, then patched over it, but they responded that they hadn't used any mods at all, and that the crashes started happening right after the 1.5_01 release.

It's possible the problem might be that you had mods installed in the jar file, then overwrote it with the patcher, thus causing the crash, I suppose. The guy was recommended after his reply to delete his bin folder and redownload everything - this seemed to fix his problem. There's one possible solution, I suppose. I'll take a look at the main post to see if there's anything in a faq section somewhere.

EDIT 2: Quote from the FAQ section:

[spoiler=FAQ Quote]HD Textures and/or HD Font are greyed out.

This means you have a conflicting mod installed. MCPatcher is compatible with many mods, but some mods change the game's class files enough to confuse it. If it detects one of these situations, the patcher refuses to apply the patch instead of applying it and likely crashing later. If you hover the mouse over the greyed out item, it will describe what classes are conflicting. Try running the patcher first and then installing the other mod.

I installed XXX Mod after running the patcher and now the game crashes.

Try installing the mod before running the patcher. Yes, I realize I just suggested doing it the other way. Some mods work better before patching, others work better the other way.

I tried installing XXX Mod both before and after running the patcher and it didn't work.

If you tried installing both ways and it didn't work, then you're out of luck. You'll have to choose between HD textures and the other mod. Unless the source code for the mod is available, I probably won't be able to fix the incompatibility.

All this patching, repatching, installing, and uninstalling mods has made a mess of things. Now I just want to start fresh.

Delete the bin folder in your .minecraft directory and run the game's launcher again to redownload everything. If the game still crashes, delete options.txt as well to force the game to use the default textures again. You will have to redo your settings and key mappings if you do this.

In addition to the above, it also says the old versions of the patcher don't work with 1.5_01, so if you patched using a version prior to the most recent release, that's the issue with the crashing. Maybe, anyway.

So basically, if you have mods, try starting with a clean jar, patch first, then add mods. If that doesn't work, add mods first, then patch. Some mods, as it says, only work before the patcher is used, some only work after. I've only ever installed mods that worked after I patched it first, though.

If you have no mods at all, then I have no clue what's wrong, besides maybe using the wrong patcher version with 1.5_01.

EDIT 3(4): Technically my fourth edit, since I derped and pressed the wrong freaking button to update my post last time -.-

Found this about a minute after my last edit:

"The old patcher crashes with 1.5_01 when placing a block. The crash happens in a class that the patcher does not touch, so I will probably not be able to figure out the cause until MCP is updated."

Basically just confirming what I said before, except this is from Kahr's first post instead of just another guy on the thread.

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I think Modmanager just screwed up my abiltiy to mod Minecraft. <_<

I'm trying to install Humans+ with Mocreatrues and Mellanire, but the only one I can egt working even alone is Millenaire. Also, I have to manually delete Millenaire from my Minecraft fodlers to rpevent it from hanging around even after Mod manger "removes" it.

Also, 303 deleted the Spawnlist mod, so is it the fact that I'm not using that that's making Mocratrues and Humans+ not work? If so, can anyone ehre link an alternative?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I have zero experience with Mod Manager, but I know Risugami's ModLoader has 303's spawnlist (or at least an equivalent) built into it now, hence 303 deleting his version. So, you shouldn't need it for Humans+. I can't say I've installed Humans+ myself though, so I'm not completely sure on this.

Quick update on my world. Not sure what exactly happened, but one map chunk... teleported itself into the incorrect spot. I have zero clue how or why, but a forest map chunk moved itself right into my Millenaire village just as I was finishing building my bridge over to it, and it started causing Minecraft to go into an infinite loop trying to force the map chunk back wherever the hell it came from (still can't figure out where, either). So, I had to delete a region chunk out of my save folder to make it regenerate the area.

Lost the entire minecart system (apart from the station right next to my house, and the village, but my house and all my supplies I had on me are intact. Tempted to INVedit a stack or two of tracks back into my invy to make up for the ones that got eaten by the regen, but it feels cheap to me, so I'll just use the remaining supplies I have.

I know one thing for sure, I am NOT letting my backup save get out of date again, my last one was two days ago, way too far back to restore from without incurring extremely heavy losses for my materials.

Mildly pissed off at it, but at least I salvaged my save file. I just need to explore in a different direction and locate a new village to build a new minecart system to.

Link_Olaran.png

The problem with super-huge building is that I loose steam a few hours into it... it's a general bad habit of mine never finishing what I start, actually. Only exception is my movies.

Pictures time!

Legit, 1.5_01 Survival Mode: On the world of Warldrewr.

[hide=My Manor] wthemanor.jpg[/hide]

[hide=My Manor prt2] wthemanor2.jpg[/hide]

[hide=View from the Village]wmanoroverlook.jpg[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Uncreative like me and need something to do on Minecraft?

Set the difficulty to Hard, and start a new world. Your goal is to build a portal to the Nether, no cheating.

If you die, delete the world.

It's challenging and surprisingly fun. Not to mention scary as hell.

Uncreative like me and need something to do on Minecraft?

Set the difficulty to Hard, and start a new world. Your goal is to build a portal to the Nether, no cheating.

If you die, delete the world.

It's challenging and surprisingly fun. Not to mention scary as hell.

Done that on Normal mode. :3

JUST to get 2 netherrack to make a fireplace in my house.

Popoto.~<3

So yeah, due to an absolutely titanic derp on my part, I've abandoned my current world (or at least I did a few days ago)

As I said in my last post, I went out in a different direction to find a new village. Wandered for several days in one direction, got lost, somehow found my way back, got supplies, headed back out...

... only to find another village that just so happened to be about halfway (according to cartographer g) to the first one I had located. I swore for a few minutes after that.

Regardless, I went back (again) to get my tracks, built a new station after dismantling the old one that lead to the original village, and went up and over the huge hill/mountain/thing in my way, and then I went crazy installing mods (Xie's Hunger/Cooking/Farming mods, to name some). At this point, I had finished my track, I was on the same level as the village, I just stopped a fair distance away so they wouldn't overwrite my house when they expanded. Then I noticed Millenaire had been updated. In my excitement to install it, I made a major derp.

I installed it completely incorrectly, and thus deleted all the villagers in that village. No backup this time.

MAJOR amounts of swearing followed, after which I said eff it, chucked my save into my backups folder (since I had a few experiment structures I wanted to keep for future reference), and started over. Or tried to, anyway.

Started a new world, right next to a village and everything, desert biome (was a bit of grass nearby, so there were a few trees, but not many). Worked on this world for several in game days, had just got my house built to some degree, and I decided to sell some supplies to the village to get them expanding.

This is when I got the 'no space to expand' problem. Keep in mind that the village had a sheer cliff on one side, and a 10-15 block hill surrounding it on the other side. I figured they'd be able to flatten it themselves, but noooo.

Rage deleted that one. Many, many worlds followed, all attempts to get a world with a village near spawn, that was actually on a somewhat flat area. Went through dozens, but I have a good one now.

I've pretty much maxed out on mods, though. Any more block adding mods will likely give me the 'no block graphic indices left' error, lol. Actually, here's the list:

[spoiler=Mods]

AudioMod

BaitBox (put bait in to attract different animals, different bait for each animal)

Better Fences (allows them to be stacked like normal blocks)

Boomerang (collect items, possibly activate switches and stun mobs)

Clay Sieve (allows you to create clay from dirt, takes time though)

ControllerBlock

Fan Block (blows items and creatures away from direction it's facing in)

FancyPack (furniture and such)

Grappling Hook

Gravity Staff (grab and carry mobs/animals around, kinda like Grappling Hook's gravity gun mode, actually)

Magic Boots (think Hover Boots, Iron Boots, and (kinda sorta) Pegasus Boots from Zelda)

Millenaire

ModLoader

More Stackables

Optimine (FPS increasing mod)

OreRedistribution (makes some areas more resource rich, but others more sparce, instead of having the chance of each ore somewhat equal regardless of what map chunk you're in)

Planes

Power Staff (push/pull blocks)

Rope (somewhat like ladders, but it can be broken at the top, causing the entire rope to fall for you to collect)

Sensors (capable of sensing any entity, depending on what material it's made of (wood is anything, iron is you only, netherrack is mobs only for instance)

Sign Tags

Sound Mod Enabler + Zelda Sounds (replaces most sound effects with sounds taken from various Zelda games, including music)

Spikes (can be forced to retract via circuit, but does damage on contact (although considerably more than cactus) and doesn't damage items (I think)

Trap Door

Turret (more like a cannon which can be manned by you or fired via redstone circuit)

Umbrella (blow air to knockback animals/mobs/arrows, and float (no fall damage), plus boosted height if you have it out and go over a fan block)

Weather Sounds on Fast Graphics

Xie Cooking (allows for making more food, more for use in the next mod than healing, really)

Xie Hunger (adds an invisible bar for Hunger - an icon appears after a length of time - starts at green, and turns orange, then red, then red with skull - at the orange stage, peaceful's health regen is disabled, and after you hit red + skull (starving to death), you start taking damage every few minutes, finally dying after the same length of time it took to get to the starving to death part originally (time length can be modified, usually 15 minutes for normal - starving)

Xie Farming (allows for farming of fruit trees, and splicing seeds to be able to plant corn, tomatoes, etc. Can also get seeds from pumpkins to plant, plus watermelon spawn in a manner similar to pumpkin which can also be grown from seeds - good for the Cooking mod, I'll note)

Zan Minimap

Left a couple out that're just required for others to run (ModLoaderMP, Turbo Model thing for Planes, etc) and do nothing on their own. Plus I may have forgotten some, I do have uh... 41 zipped files in my folder for mods right now, lol.

... I think I might be addicted to modding. >_>

Link_Olaran.png

So yeah, due to an absolutely titanic derp on my part, I've abandoned my current world (or at least I did a few days ago)

As I said in my last post, I went out in a different direction to find a new village. Wandered for several days in one direction, got lost, somehow found my way back, got supplies, headed back out...

... only to find another village that just so happened to be about halfway (according to cartographer g) to the first one I had located. I swore for a few minutes after that.

Regardless, I went back (again) to get my tracks, built a new station after dismantling the old one that lead to the original village, and went up and over the huge hill/mountain/thing in my way, and then I went crazy installing mods (Xie's Hunger/Cooking/Farming mods, to name some). At this point, I had finished my track, I was on the same level as the village, I just stopped a fair distance away so they wouldn't overwrite my house when they expanded. Then I noticed Millenaire had been updated. In my excitement to install it, I made a major derp.

I installed it completely incorrectly, and thus deleted all the villagers in that village. No backup this time.

MAJOR amounts of swearing followed, after which I said eff it, chucked my save into my backups folder (since I had a few experiment structures I wanted to keep for future reference), and started over. Or tried to, anyway.

Started a new world, right next to a village and everything, desert biome (was a bit of grass nearby, so there were a few trees, but not many). Worked on this world for several in game days, had just got my house built to some degree, and I decided to sell some supplies to the village to get them expanding.

This is when I got the 'no space to expand' problem. Keep in mind that the village had a sheer cliff on one side, and a 10-15 block hill surrounding it on the other side. I figured they'd be able to flatten it themselves, but noooo.

Rage deleted that one. Many, many worlds followed, all attempts to get a world with a village near spawn, that was actually on a somewhat flat area. Went through dozens, but I have a good one now.

I've pretty much maxed out on mods, though. Any more block adding mods will likely give me the 'no block graphic indices left' error, lol. Actually, here's the list:

[spoiler=Mods]

AudioMod

BaitBox (put bait in to attract different animals, different bait for each animal)

ControllerBlock

Grappling Hook

Gravity Staff (grab and carry mobs/animals around, kinda like Grappling Hook's gravity gun mode, actually)

Magic Boots (think Hover Boots, Iron Boots, and (kinda sorta) Pegasus Boots from Zelda)

Millenaire

ModLoader

More Stackables

OreRedistribution (makes some areas more resource rich, but others more sparce, instead of having the chance of each ore somewhat equal regardless of what map chunk you're in)

Planes

Rope (somewhat like ladders, but it can be broken at the top, causing the entire rope to fall for you to collect)

Sensors (capable of sensing any entity, depending on what material it's made of (wood is anything, iron is you only, netherrack is mobs only for instance)

Sign Tags

Sound Mod Enabler + Zelda Sounds (replaces most sound effects with sounds taken from various Zelda games, including music)

Spikes (can be forced to retract via circuit, but does damage on contact (although considerably more than cactus) and doesn't damage items (I think)

Trap Door

Turret (more like a cannon which can be manned by you or fired via redstone circuit)

Umbrella (blow air to knockback animals/mobs/arrows, and float (no fall damage), plus boosted height if you have it out and go over a fan block)

Xie Cooking (allows for making more food, more for use in the next mod than healing, really)

Xie Hunger (adds an invisible bar for Hunger - an icon appears after a length of time - starts at green, and turns orange, then red, then red with skull - at the orange stage, peaceful's health regen is disabled, and after you hit red + skull (starving to death), you start taking damage every few minutes, finally dying after the same length of time it took to get to the starving to death part originally (time length can be modified, usually 15 minutes for normal - starving)

Xie Farming (allows for farming of fruit trees, and splicing seeds to be able to plant corn, tomatoes, etc. Can also get seeds from pumpkins to plant, plus watermelon spawn in a manner similar to pumpkin which can also be grown from seeds - good for the Cooking mod, I'll note)

Zan Minimap

Left a couple out that're just required for others to run (ModLoaderMP, Turbo Model thing for Planes, etc) and do nothing on their own. Plus I may have forgotten some, I do have uh... 41 zipped files in my folder for mods right now, lol.

You my friend have a problem. ;o

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

[spoiler=Mods]

AudioMod

ControllerBlock

Grappling Hook

Millenaire

ModLoader

More Stackables

Planes

Sign Tags

Trap Door

Zan Minimap

:lol:

Love it, gave me some ideas what to download next.

Ugh, also, I've seen so many awesome mods based on map generation...er, I have about two-days length explored in all directions. I don't want to explore further to get the new ores, reeds, and such. New world? Maybe...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Just keep in mind I had to be quite picky with my dl's this time around, since I did hit the block id limit, rofl. So I likely have more mods bookmarked/downloaded but not used.

And yeah, whenever I install any new mods that add ores/trees/anything that requires world gen to appear, I tend to just run out as far as I have to to get a newly generated area, then start hunting for whatever it is I just modded in. At least with trees and plants, I can just chop down a few of each tree and take the saplings - same with the pumpkin and watermelon. Ores would likely require a new base situated in the newly generated area, though.

Still not completely sure what the hell this OreRedistribution mod does, though. I know it makes some areas richer in ores than others, but I guess I'd have to dig down deeper to figure out just how big a difference it makes - I haven't started digging much at all, besides a failed attempt at a small animal trap utilizing my new bait box and digging out my basement >.>

Said bait box is now installed underneath my porch, armed with some cooked pork to lure pigs, btw. Gonna need to plant some wheat so I can stick that in and attract some cows/sheep. Or, if I wanted to get animals in general to bugger off and get off my lawn, I could bury several bait boxes in the ground with jack o' lanterns in them, this seems to function kinda like a scarecrow and forces animals to leave the general area.

My clay sieve is actually fairly useful, it gives me a use for my dirt and gives me plenty of clay in return. Fairly slow if you only have the one sieve, though. Can only put out maybe 2-3 clay blocks worth a day if you want it to bake under sunlight only, instead of powering it via lava or something. I have an idea for automating at least part of the process, but I need lava and controller blocks first >.>

Just need to get my small farm up and running, and then I can start mining for real.

EDIT: Oh, and at the very least, I would recommend trying Xie's mods - it gives me something extra to work towards on peaceful mode, plus it allows for more food items to be obtained to heal with on higher difficulties as well. I like the fact I have to eat occasionally, it makes me feel... I'm unsure, more immersed in my surroundings, I guess. And it makes peaceful slightly more difficult :P

Oh, and Peronix's mods too. Those are almost all Zelda centric, you knew I was going to suggest them >_> although it's a shame the cane of somaria hasn't been updated in forever, I would've liked to have seen that one in action.

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

But isn't there a mod to add more IDs? Or is it not updated to 1.5_01?

Generally I like to stay in a local area, so exploring far off lands just for modded content isn't my cuppa tea.

Ore Distribution:

[hide]

Before mod: coal_normal.png

After: coal_mod.png

[/hide]

*Taken from mod page. The idea is good, but I have pretty bad luck on finding ores in the first place. I don't want to reduce my chances further (I realize I might get the more populated ore area, but I'm a pessismist. :razz: )

I got that dirt-clay mod too. Looking forward to it.

I'm debating whether or not to get Xie's hunger/farm mods. It might be good, but it might backfire like that one hunger mod I used in Oblivion... :mad:

I did get Peronix' grappling hook - no other-mod dependency is good! (unlike SDK's)

But look for yourself: I hate the process of actually installing mods though.

[hide]

unledti.png[/hide]

siggy3s.jpg

There are two id increasing mods that I know of - Shockah's MoreIDs (which was included in an update in the past, if I recall - it increased ids to 255 for blocks, unsure on items), and another one by Smith_61 - Minecraft Extended. I think it increases block ids to 1024 or something, but the issue is it's horribly incompatible with a bunch of mods, and there's no patches available to make them coexist.

I tend to be a localized player as well, but I admit I enjoy picking up a couple things, and wandering off in a random direction to set up a new base - connecting the two bases together in future times is also appealing to me, maybe even making my original base a hub to access all of the side bases off in the wilderness.

My strategy for installing mods, though - I have a folder in my .minecraft folder - Mods (1.5). Whenever Minecraft gets updated again, I'll create a Mods (1.6) folder as well. Inside this folder are these folders:

>Backups (includes my save files and the original, fresh jar that's fully unmodded that came with the current update)

>minecraft (extracted jar file, in case I want to remove a mod manually without reinstalling the entire thing)

>Testing Mods (testing folder, all new mods go into here temporarily until I note down the class files used, and install one by one to be sure they're operational - after this, they go into one of the two following folders)

>Unused Mods (any mods that I currently can't/won't use go into here until further notice - usually when I encounter one that glitches up, older versions of used mods, or ones that are replaced)

>Used Mods (all my current mods that are in use right now)

>minecraft.jar (not a folder, but my current modded jar that I replace every time I'm about to mod it further, so I can restore to this, rather than to the factory fresh jar and having to start over from scratch)

Inside the Used Mods folder is this:

>Extracted Files (all current mods, already extracted and placed so I can select all and drag into the minecraft.jar when I need to start over from scratch - far easier than extracting all, and dragging each mod one by one)

>RAR Files (included all the mods I have installed, still in their rar files)

>Class Files.txt (text file that includes a list of every class file that a mod uses, currently separated mod by mod, but I could create a list saying X.class is in use by Y Mod and Z Mod later - this is used entirely to figure out if any new mods are instantly incompatible with older mods, and to decide if the new mod is worth replacing an older one for)

I try my best to keep it as tidy and easy to reinstall as possible, but it gets out of order fairly easily (particularly the Class files.txt, I need to update that right now actually). It probably would've been easier to show my folders setup with an image, but I can't be bothered uploading one atm >.>

Oh, and to the Oblivion mod comment - can't be as bad as the Morrowind version, in which I had Hunger/Thirst and Temperature, so I had my boosted attributes getting damaged by them on occasion (forcing me to use a restore potion/spell), as well as randomly catching fire in the first dwemer ruin and almost spontaneously combusting in the process >_>

I may end up uploading some screenies of my current world, but I really don't have a huge amount done, lol. The local village has expanded faster than I have.

Link_Olaran.png

I'm not sure if it's been announced in this thread before, but any news on the diamondseekers server?

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Low C did announce a few pages back that the server is down for now, due to a lack of players. Any news about bringing it back, I don't know about :/

I really wish it would be brought back up, I miss being able to play with you guys lol.

Link_Olaran.png

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server

Basically, it seems like you need a fairly powerful computer and a good internet connection to be able to host a server - even more powerful a pc if you plan on playing on the same computer you're hosting on. Laptops are listed as out automatically, they tend to overheat too much when put under the stress of hosting a server.

Just from what I'm reading here...

http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/ - this website tests your internet bandwidth to see if it's capable of running a server.

It states having more than 2gb of ram to be able to host - the more the better. It also states a dual core processor is preferable, a single core would only really be capable of hosting for a very small number of players.

There's more links as to how to go about setting up the server as well from the first link I posted. I doubt I'd understand any of it, though :P

Link_Olaran.png

If you guys are looking for a server, you can hop on mine. I have a creative world where you can spawn stuff and use worldedit, and a nether/survival world where you can't. There are also monsters on that world. I've got multi-inv installed as well, so you can't spawn stuff in creative then take it over. I have no documentation for the plugins I have installed... yet. But I'm working on that. I'll have documentation done tomorrow. In the mean time, use the command /plugman list to see what I have installed, then look it up on plugins.bukkit.org to see how its used. Then try it. You may have permissions, you may not. >_>

The most basic info you'll need to know is that at spawn there's a portal to the other worlds. Pull its lever and type "/dial creative" "/dial nether" or "/dial survival". In the creative world, you have limited access to worldedit. the documentation for that is here. You can spawn items using "/i (item name or id) (quantity)". You can also use a magic carpet to make building easier. Use /mc to turn it on, and /mc again to turn it off. Jump to move it up, sneak to move it down.

If you wanna join, the server ip is 74.111.114.191. Its running on my spare lappy, which has 1gb of ram and a 2ghz processor. Clearly not much, but enough for a handful of people.

Noo...we can't let the Minecraft thread fall behind!

Anyway, I started a new world since I didn't like what I was doing in the other one, wanted new terrain, and got some world-generated mods. Cove is one awesome seed, it's mountainous coastal... pretty damn neat.

Gunpowder plant works perfectly, already discovered one. Now I can have a steady supply of gunpowder to make TNTs and bullets for my musket. Yes, I got a musket mod. :shades: Love it.

siggy3s.jpg