Minecraft General

demby123

I did use the gunpowder reed mod for a while, but it feels really... overpowered, I guess? I only found the single reed after a few days of searching, but once I got home and got it planted, within a day I had an entire room full of the stuff because of how fast reeds grow >_<

I've sorta gotten bored of Minecraft, really. I've given some thought to starting a mega project (doing the entire map of Link to the Past, maybe), plus I've been playing adventure maps (including one using AdventureCraft, which I was quite impressed with).

Overall, I probably just need a short reprieve before I start playing again. I do this sometimes :P I'll probably end up being back to playing a lot again when the next update comes out, lol.

On the other hand, I was quite fascinated with the Super Hostile map series - five maps all designed with the goal of survival in mind. Just with the difficulty set up to something that seems torn right from Kaizo Mario >_>

I tried all five maps. I died at least once within the first day on each of them, and I was on peaceful. Mind you, I derp fairly easily with jumps sometimes, but still >.>

Link_Olaran.png

I've been spending my time making an adventure map. Currently has a 3 floor glass maze, and 2 puzzle mazes (i.e. redstone switches etc). I'm not sure if I can publicly post a download link - that's something I guess I'll have to ask an admin. PM me if you want the link though.

[hide=Pics]screenshot026t.pngscreenshot027c.pngscreenshot028b.png

screenshot025pi.png

[/hide]

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I think I've pretty much thoroughly ruined the impressiveness of any and all pixel art.

[hide]20110508122837.png[/hide]

Basically someone made a mod that adds a new type of wool that you can manually set the RGB value on via an interface.

This made making pixel art easier from the standpoint that you don't have to replace any color with one of the 16 available colors - you can set exactly the color that something is. But it also made it take a lot longer since finding out and typing in the hex value for each and every pixel is a really damned tedious chore.

So I decompiled his mod and I wrote an image importer for it. You type in the file name, set the orientation of the image, and it will go through and set the RGB values of the wool blocks to that of the image at a rate of about 30 pixels a second. He's since incorporated my importer into a new release of his mod, along with his own "image factory" and even a "model factory" thing (no idea how that is supposed to work).

I'm thinking about ruining regular pixel art too. Maybe I'll make a "magic wand" item that will open a GUI when you right click a regular wool block, and you can import images that have had their colors converted via a program like photoshop to use 16 specified colors - or maybe I'll figure out a way to determine the closest replacement color for each pixel in the image, somehow. EDIT: I made the mod.

My god, why didn't I find this game sooner in my life? So good! I play on a friends private server and I must say I really enjoy this game :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Three Millenaire villages (Military, Ecclesiastical, and Agricultural) put up together. Military is maxed, agric is mid-finished, and ecclesiastical is just getting started. It lags like hell.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/20110515090257.png/

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Just finished Lenin's Tomb. Should have been wider, but I ran out of space. Inside is a double-chest inside of a glass case, which contains bones.

cryptoflenin.png

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Minecraft 1.6 due this week: Notch's blog

Maps are being added. I'm excited.

EDIT: Minecart boosters are being fixed. AKA, booster tracks are the only way to speed up your minecart now. :cry: On the plus side, booster tracks will boost more.

If you can place at least three regular track between boosters uphill, I'll be content. (Currently is one between)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

There're several little fixes in that list that may mess with some of the little quirks we've taken advantage of in the past:

* Fixed submerged boats rising very very fast - Boatovators are out, apparently. No more using a boat to go up waterfalls, I guess.

* Fixed entities reaching water through wall corners - One possible method of a water elevator is now gone from this fix.

* Fixed fishing rods being stackable - No more making two fishing rods and being able to renew the durability from stacking and unstacking.

And of course glitch boosters :P I personally don't mind anything besides the glitch boosters, maybe. If the booster track is sufficiently powered up, it won't make a huge difference to me. The boatovator and water elevators I never built in any of my worlds anyway, and I rarely ever fish, so... :P

Ah well. I've been playing Terraria more recently anyway, so I probably won't be playing Minecraft until a few of the mods get updated for 1.6. Even if I'm not currently playing, I still keep myself as up to date as possible, lol. I'm quite interested in the maps, and the tall grass (Notch-supported Wild Grass mod, anyone?)

Link_Olaran.png

This is certainly a good sign:

Hopefully the iOS version is released soon.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

orly.gif
Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE@@##

EVERY damn Mod I've tried to run will not work! Im using that stupid Modloader program and it doesnt seem to do anything. Why cant someone make a Loader that you simply click-drag mods into, it loads, THATS IT. None of this complex [bleep]ing around! >:C

Popoto.~<3

I just can't get back into playing minecraft. I still watch minecraft videos whenever I get the chance, but actually playing isn't all that fun for me anymore. Not sure why, could be because I've gone from like 10 hours of free time a day to 1 or 2, depending on if I feel like sleeping, so I value my time more. It's sad really, cause I have lots of awesome ideas for stuff to build.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I just can't get back into playing minecraft. I still watch minecraft videos whenever I get the chance, but actually playing isn't all that fun for me anymore. Not sure why, could be because I've gone from like 10 hours of free time a day to 1 or 2, depending on if I feel like sleeping, so I value my time more. It's sad really, cause I have lots of awesome ideas for stuff to build.

Even on multiplayer?

hzvjpwS.gif

Anyone here know about Terraria?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well, I heard it was sorta Minecraft-ish. Dunno. Was maybe gonna buy it if the comparison was accurate.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;