Godville - ELITES = #1 Guild

Danqazmlp

So I finally turned my hero evil. I'd say it was a great decision.

I was worried about deaths, but with the recent updates to rebalance good and evil characters they happen about as often as good heroes. I am leveling quicker, which is the main reason I switched. I'm able to use punishes in town now to melt bricks/get random stuff while trading/increase guild influence, which is nice. Another random effect - I don't pay for charges, so all my godpower comes from daily life in the game. By leveling faster and killing stuff faster, I get items faster and go back to town to sell things/pray more often. This has allowed me to easily maintain my hero at pure evil, instead of vicious (whereas on the good side I was rarely able to get to pure good, usually only immediately after a level up). Almost level 42 and my last skill acquisition, hoping for a combat skill.

On a random note - got into two skirmishes the last two days. First, I fought a righteous hero a level less than me. I only had 20% godpower, which I used on four voices which did absolutely nothing. Despite being pure evil and having a level/equipment advantage, my opponent consistently outdamaged me by 2-3% per attack. Additionally, one time my opponent got 3 consecutive attacks, and twice my attack did no damage while my opponent never got a 0 damage attack. Based on the [cabbage]tiest luck imagineable, I lost by almost 100 LP and lost about 4k gold, a brick, and my awesome weapon (+42). I felt pretty bummed afterward. Fast forward to today, where I get into another duel, where pretty much the opposite happened - righteous hero, a level above mine, two punishes worked (didn't want to have to use them, but I needed to) and I gained 2k gold, a brick, and an even more awesome weapon (+44). This game is funny sometimes. This is a gigantic wall of text.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

• 2 weeks later...

New news:

A long time ago, in a place far far away we made up a first version of Godville that worked only in the web browser. Due to the various technical reasons we couldnt make it available to everyone. It took almost one year to add missing features, rewrite our code several times, hopefully making it better and more or less stable. Finally the day has come today were pleased to say that registration in Godville is available to everyone! Unless you dont have a Facebook account (which is rather unlikely). You can go to the main page and signup right away. You can also link your existing Godville godname to your Facebook account, making an unbreakable divine connection that allows you to access your character without silly passwords.

Please note that your Facebook account is used for authentication only and your identity will not be exposed to others (you still have to pick a godname if you register with a Facebook id). Rest assured, we wont spam your friends, unless you really want to, of course.

Once we added a way to login with the Facebook, it was really easy to add some other cool stuff, like sharing and tweeting your heros diary straight from the superhero page, a way to Like your personal page, this blog post or even the Godville itself. As free a bonus, weve also got our own Facebook page, where you can share any ideas on how to make Facebook integration more useful. After all, theres got to be at least one -ville game in Facebook for those of us who have a life.

http://godvillegame.com/blog/post/42

So after a long long long long long- there's a better way to do this; so after a long*10^47 godville is finally open to the public.

And after a long long-, well you get the point, my hero is finally back up to kind personality after being neutral forever. Also i've had a Trojan horse as a pet for awhile, which is supposed to be one of the best ones, I guess.

12:43The trader suddenly gave me a big smile, winked and gave me an ambiance fluxuator. I'm sure this huckster has something on his mind.

Encouraged while at the trader :thumbup: Gives a new aura. Score. But it took 75% godpower.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I has companion cube. <3

AND A BANHAMMER!!!!! :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

None accepted for me but only 4 not denied yet.

[spoiler=ideas]

yes

no

[08/27/10 12:19AM] Find some guy in red and white striped clothing

yes

no

[09/01/10 01:17AM] Commencing d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel my lord.

yes

no

[09/28/10 03:15PM] Find out how many bottles of beer are on the wall

yes

no

[10/07/10 02:04PM] %attacker% and %defender% accidentally fist-bumped while moving around the area. Both gaining a few hp, some god power, and gasps from the crowd.

It seems there are new guild rankings past cardinal. I'm now a Hierarch. :thumbup:

More new news

Today is a special day. One year ago Godville opened its doors. Back in those days it was quite a small and barely populated place. Polytheism was only yet to shine, monsters were scarce and heroes could hardly say more than a couple of canned phrases. Fortunately, thanks to the growing divine population and rising diversity, Godville gradually got bigger, better and much more awesome in many ways.

What is a birthday with no presents? Frankly, we dont want to know, so here is our special anniversary game update:

• Recently Godvile got its official facebook app. Those of you who want to access their heroes right in the favourite social network should be especially pleased.
  • To reduce the number of typos and occasional guild duplicates, from now on there will be two different god voices to create a new guild and to join an existing one (kudos to Syrocko and Gordianus for this idea). Weve also added new extra honorable guild ranks, so check up your hero, maybe he just got promoted.
  • Our Android app got highly anticipated overhaul, featuring lots of internal changes, a much better look and a couple of cool new features. Were eager to hear your feedback, so grab a special preview-version here and let us know what you think!
  • And last, but certainly not least starting today, everybody will be getting a free accumulator charge on each level up. And to make it even better all active gods were just granted with some free accumulator charges (according to the level of your hero) and friend invites. Go give your hero some sparks and have some fun today!
    Thanks to everyone for being with us! Happy birthday, Godville!

Sounds like they just added that new rank today, instantly got it.

I have 22 charges. HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP.

Guilds have special internal ranking systems within. The benefits increase with rank. When a hero first joins a guild they start at the bottom and increase in rank over time. A hero who leaves a guild and rejoins later will have to start from the bottom, so loyalty is recommended. The ranking system can be seen below starting from the left with the time taken to reach the rank given below it (the number of days between the rank and the rank before it):

Guild Rank: Fan Intern Recruit Follower Master Chief Master Advisor Grand Master Cardinal Hierarch Patriarch Regent

Time (days): 0 | +1 | +2 | +5 | +10 | +17 | +25 | +30 | +45 | +65 | +100 | +150

Attaining the rank of cardinal (although it isn't the topmost one) means that the hero will not try to leave the guild (by randomly starting a guild joining quest). However, if a god does not check on their hero for over 28 days, they will leave the guild regardless of their current rank.

Woof. Seems like it'll be quiiiiiite a while till Regent. Atleast I won't leave the guild randomly now :thumbup:

Havent logged on in forever. Finally logged back in.

I'm level 35, but I get my ass kicked in the arena all day. 9-25. Damn.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

10:54: The trader suddenly collapsed to the floor and started sobbing. He mumbled something about deceiving hundreds of heroes and carrying the soul-crushing burden of a guilty conscience. I nodded sympathetically while sneaking 446 coins from the register.

I laughed :D

I'm level 10 or something. Can't figure out how to change my motto though.

You have to edit it on your profile from the menu at the top. Although it may be level specific I'm not sure.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Got a trojan horse! :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber