20-Aug-2010 - Cryptic Clue Fest II

Mil

Don't be too disheartened its called "Cryptic Cluefest" for a reason. Its not as tricky as last year but its only really easy for the puzzlers among us who have a knack for puzzles and already have a broad knowledge of ciphers, logic etc etc etc etc.

Least you're trying, most of the people in my community/ex-clans method is "Wait for Paw to finish solving all the days and posting the solutions then go "solve" it myself" (Which usually turns into pming me trying to scrounge the items they hope I kept)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the last clue is extremely contrived like last time!

I'm prepared for a forum crash this time :thumbup:

I'd rather just wait for everything to be finished and then I go and do it all on one day.

But then it wouldn't be a Cryptic Clue FEST.

It'd be a Cryptic-get all the items before hand and knock it out in 5 minutes- Clue

Welcome to the world of efficiency.

Jagex doesn't work with efficiency, they're still using Windows 3.0 on their computers.

Fixed. Windows 95 was a beast.

Agreed. Win95 is a man's operating system.

I missed the first one, I wonder if I can get the magnifying glass again? It's probably a long shot though. These events are fun.

We still use windows 95 to run Dalet at work still, on at least a half dozen computers. Hell, we have a tandy PC from like, the 70's to run our AUX power system....

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I have a feeling they're going to wait until the update to do the last day. They put out the last one by this time already last night.

Either that or it just came out. The Runescape website won't load for me, and neither will the client.

No. Client is working now, website is going slow as hell.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well just as I thought. The Cryptic Clue Fest II crashed the forums AGAIN. <_<

Seriously why can't people just go to RSWiki and find out the answers instead of crashing the forums here?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I doubt it was this thread tht crashed it.

Last time all day long it had hundreds viewing the thread. Even right as the clues come out I ain't seen more than 2 lines of "reading this topic" users

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Has anyone done the last one yet? It's kind of hard since you can easily count something wrong, but you wouldn't know what. I got:

M=44

N=21

P=18

Q=32

S=0

then I gave up when I was supposed to count the candles.

namnlskopia.jpg

S=0

That's actually supposed to be the number of heroic statues, since F2P can't beat WGS.

That's strange, I thought everyone was supposed to be able to do this event, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jagex has messed up again.

Anyways, here's the square in case anyone had problems with it.

magsqu.png

namnlskopia.jpg

Windows - Magnifier might be in order for the counting tasks ;)

18 Blue flowers at Monastery.

30 Trees at Varrock Palace with ivy, 21 without

43 Gems on show (counted with magnifier on 200% to confirm)

I'm going to go and count the number of candles now!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

S=0

That's actually supposed to be the number of heroic statues, since F2P can't beat WGS.

That's strange, I thought everyone was supposed to be able to do this event, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jagex has messed up again.

Anyways, here's the square in case anyone had problems with it.

magsqu.png

Should put a hide tag on that. Anyway, the rule is to make each vertical, horizontal and diagonol line sum up to 175.

I counted out 1 statue and 41 suits of armour to make 42 for Q.

Also @ smelly : 19 trees without ivy: have you counted the dead tree in the bear cage and the big tree in the centre of the palace? I got 21 because of those.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I counted out 1 statue and 41 suits of armour to make 42 for Q.

Also @ smelly : 19 trees without ivy: have you counted the dead tree in the bear cage and the big tree in the centre of the palace? I got 21 because of those.

Ah those has slipped my mind, 21 including those yes

I count this many candles if anyone is willing to confirm

[hide]

144 Candles in the tomb[/hide]

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png