20-Aug-2010 - Cryptic Clue Fest II

Mil

i wonder if the book while become equipable because it will serve no purpose after the event

Yea i think it will become equipable

wmb.png

Anything is "wearable" in the Character Screen

[hide]e99hye.png[/hide]

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh why do I suck at logic puzzles?

@will_holmes:

I cant follow you:

"If Bentnose broke the window, he is lying and therefore didn't break the window, so the paradox rules him out." - Okay, so far I understand.

"If Mudknuckles broke the window, then Wartface broke the window." -WTF? Why?

For me, it makes sense when everyones telling the truth except Bentnose. Midknuckles and Wartface can both tell the truth. And Wartface can tell the truth too, cause Grubfoot doesnt deny he broke it!

rmv3id.png

New Clue up found it really easy.

[spoiler=*SPOILER* Answer day 3]

3 Bones

6 Fires Runes

Megan Party Pete's Falador

All so you get the Magnifying Glass if you didn't do last years like me

Are you missing a item here? It didn't work for me. :(

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

you need to have exactly 6 fire runes.. not more than that ;)

new_account6.png

What are you smoking...? Can I buy some?
Hah Tip.It probaly knows more about Runescape then Jagex. :lol:

Watch my Vice city stunt vid -->

It doesn't work if you take excess items.

excess.png

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

Gosh why do I suck at logic puzzles?

@will_holmes:

I cant follow you:

"If Bentnose broke the window, he is lying and therefore didn't break the window, so the paradox rules him out." - Okay, so far I understand.

"If Mudknuckles broke the window, then Wartface broke the window." -WTF? Why?

For me, it makes sense when everyones telling the truth except Bentnose. Midknuckles and Wartface can both tell the truth. And Wartface can tell the truth too, cause Grubfoot doesnt deny he broke it!

The puzzle tell us only 1 goblin did the damage. And that whoever did the damage MUST be lying (ergo saying the opposite of the truth).

Grubfoot said (paraphrased) Bentnose did not break the window.

If we assume Grubfoot broke the window, the puzzle tells us he MUST be lying so his comment becomes "Bentnose broke the window"

So with the assumption Grubfoot is lying as he broke the window we end up with the truth Bentnose broke the window.

But only 1 goblin did the damage, so Bentnose broke the window CANNOT be true if Grubfoot did do it; which means Grubfoot cannot of done it.

The same applies to Mudknuckles, he said Wartface did not do it.

If we assume he broke the window and is therefore lying his comment becomes Wartface did do it.

Again only 1 did the damage so it cannot be true Wartface did it if Mudknuckles did it.

Yeah and to the above guy Megan is the one you want.

Note the clue said the girl had DARK hair; Dark hair refers to dark browns and black not red hair. Lucy does not have dark hair.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Glad this is back. I enjoyed it the first time. Puzzles aren't too hard, but they make you think a little.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

Even though i missed the first 2 days, can i still start this now?

Yes you can. I did the same last year as well, lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Chapter 4 - "Between a Rock Crab and a hard place"

Day 4 of the Cryptic Clue Fest

...After solving the clues on the tiles I knew I would need to do some research in the city of Falador and Megan told me that she had hidden another clue in Falador castle.

I had discovered that Megan was the granddaughter of one of the secret society members and the task of protecting the great secret had fallen to her. She seemed trustworthy and I needed the help.

She led me to the majestic Falador castle and to the top of one of the towers. There a statue of a knight looked out over the city.

Here, help me with this Megan asked, a cheeky smile spread across her face.

She began pulling at a stone engraving on the base of the statue, as I helped we pulled it away to reveal a thin sheet of bronze hidden beneath the engraving.

However, as I started to investigate the relief, the trapdoor leading to the tower flung open and emerging from it was a rather mild-mannered man in a hideously coloured shirt.

The secret will be ours he hissed, pulling out the wicked looking dagger from a hidden sheath. He was the same man who had tried to kill us in Varrock, somehow he had found us.

We were trapped again, with nowhere to run. As the killer advanced on us, I glanced over the edge of the tower and thought of a daring escape plan.

Do you trust me? I bellowed at Megan, her faint nod was enough to encourage my actions.

Grabbing her arm I jumped off the side of the tower, the rush of air from falling was shocking, but nowhere near as shocking as the cold water of the moat surrounding the castle. I pulled Megan with me, desperately swimming to reach the side and clambered out.

When we finally reached safety, I examined the bronze sheet we had discovered;

The secret writ, the tomes protected.

In Wise Mans library they sit undetected.

Each line, word, and letter in ciphers pen,

The mysterys end you can apprehend.

The first is found in Fowlest text,

1,3,1/ 1,3,2/ 1,2,2/ 1,2,3/ 1,2,3/ 8,3,6/ 2,2,3/ 1,1,2/ 2,3,7/ 5,4,4/ 1,4,7 /

The second in Folklores Myth is next,

6,1,3/ 3,1,2/ 1,1,6/ 1,3,5/ 6,1,3/ 4,5,1/ 4,1,4/ 5,2,1/ 3,5,4/ 1,3,5 / 1,1,6 / 4,5,2 / 7,2,4 /

The final sought in opus strange, perception is key for answers exchange

1,2,5/ 3,1,9/ 9,4,7/ 9,1,3/ 4,4,3/ 4,1,1/ 6,1,3/ 1,4,2/ 2,1,1/ 7,2,5/ 8,2,1/ 4,4,1/ 3,1,8/ 8,4,2/ 10,2,7/ 6.2.1 /

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

Got today's pages, pretty simple ^_^ The clue is in the riddle ;) .

UGH, when will this end!!

I think the last clue is tomorrow

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

I was too fast as usual.

2nd cipher had 2 digits wrong so for second one you ended up with:

eour eardh rune

They fixed it quickly though

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was too fast as usual.

2nd cipher had 2 digits wrong so for second one you ended up with:

eour eardh rune

They fixed it quickly though

Same happened to me, at first I had no idea what was going on but then I refreshed the page and it was fixed.

I found yesterday's to be more challenging then today's. :P

The book had better have the actual story in it once we finish. It seems that people are actually handing you the pages that you read on the forums, so it would make sense to have them in game. Just doesn't make real sense to have it functioning as a quest journal, when we know there is content in there that we should be able to read anytime.

Today's clue is not so much hard as slighty tedious. Hope that tomorrow's clue is hard.

[hide]I didn't bother looking for the last letters of four, seven, dagger etc.[/hide]

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hm, Im stuck. I thought X,Y,Z means - when looking into the correct book given by the text -

Sentence X, word Y, letter Z. This produces nonsense. Am I thinking too complicated?

The poem above the CIPHERS gives you a clue as to what the ciphers mean:

"Each line, word, and letter in ciphers pen, "

x,y,z/ is line, word, letter.

Plv6Dz6.jpg