Spying

Darkrai

Basically a tactic for clans to get information from another clan, such as their PK's/Information. Also could be used to find weaknesses or leak information, normally used when two clans have a rivalry.

Some say it's NH, whereas there's another group that sees it as a tactic in clanning. Many clans use it to hunt other clans on a PK Trip, or just to see what they are up to. Usually have clans being strict over applications and protecting themselves from spies too. Most spies use a proxy in order to keep themselves from getting caught.

The Argument: You need to manage activity in two clans to keep a spy, two different clans - multiclanning. At the same time, people just feel it's wrong to get that information from spying. However, it makes clans much more active knowing they have the ability to know when a clan is PK'ing.

[b]What do you think about spying?[/b] 
[b]Does your clan spy on another clan?[/b]
[b]Would you say it's NH?[/b]

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse

20zy62b.png

What do you think about spying?

It shouldn't really be done but clans will do anything to gain an advantage over others nowadays.

Does your clan spy on another clan?

No.

Would you say it's NH?

Perhaps.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

lol instead of spying, I remember people used to pay good amounts of pixels to get info. Interesting times.

Personally I don't spy or encourage it.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

What do you think about spying? Not a fan of it but whatever helps your clan get an edge I guess.

Does your clan spy on another clan? No, we're CWA based, we wouldn't gain anything.

Would you say it's NH? Not really, it shows a bit of desperation showing you will only go after people when you know you can beat them and stay hidden when you can't so shows a lack of strength in your own clan.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

What do you think about spying? Not a fan of it but whatever helps your clan get an edge I guess.

Does your clan spy on another clan? No, we're CWA based, we wouldn't gain anything.

Would you say it's NH? Not really, it shows a bit of desperation showing you will only go after people when you know you can beat them and stay hidden when you can't so shows a lack of strength in your own clan.

This last part I agree with, if you're so strong why can't you PK without knowing exactly who's in the wilderness at that time? I thought that was the whole point of PKing and the cause of unplanned PKRIs. The only time we've really had a need to know when someone was out they would spam their IRC channel that they were going out and we would hit them.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

What do you think about spying? It's w/e don't think it's always worth it especially in lower sized clans.

Does your clan spy on another clan? Not that I know of.

Would you say it's NH? Somewhat.

Overall I think it's pointless, unless you spy to crash planned wars smaller clans don't pk much, and you can generally find out when clans are pking w/out spies.

6590ew.jpg

I think its just a way or tactic to find out about other clan planned events, wars, and somehow i way to laugh at them

No, its pretty much a waste considering my clan is CWA based and it wouldn't make difference

Would you say it's NH?

Partially yes and partially no. I find it as a resource of getting info to gain an advantage against other clan but at the same time its mostly used as a crashing information making it NH

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

I only have personal spies to find out when to crash certain clans and to get some lols at forums. It works if you have a rivarly and are hunting certain clans.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

It's part of the clanworld, but if a clan has a weak enough application process that allows spies to get in i guess that's their own fault.

I'm not sure lol.

Would you say it's NH?

I guess on a small scale. If you need a spy to help your clan then your clan is pretty desperate anyway.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

What do you think about spying? Its for nerds who dont have a life IRL and cant have fun without Spying on other cc's to go crash AC units. not naming anyone u know who you are.

Does your clan spy on another clan? No clue honestly. doubt it though since were an honor clan

Would you say it's NH? yes unless theyve done things to your clan for u to be provoked.

It's part of the clanworld, but if a clan has a weak enough application process that allows spies to get in i guess that's their own fault.

I'm not sure lol.

Would you say it's NH?

I guess on a small scale. If you need a spy to help your clan then your clan is pretty desperate anyway.

Your clan had spies in exodus and collision, what does that tell you ;/.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

Every clan spies. If they say otherwise, they're either lying, or not seriously involved in 'competitive pvp'.

It's funny that most of the people on this topic who say their clan doesn't have spies are comfortable with delivering such bold-faced lies. Or perhaps their leadership is just that good at keeping secrets. Don't know.

If you're not good enough to catch a spy, that's your problem. If you're not smart enough to secure your forum account to prevent it from being used, that's your problem.

Think so, or if we aren't now we have in the past.

Would you say it's NH?

It's necessary, just like taking a world from a clan planning to fight there would be, just like anything else that skirts that fine line of morality. I'm not happy with it, just like I'm sure someone with Overloads and a CLS is happy about crashing someone weaker than them, but that's life. The clan world is all about competition, and the key to winning in a competition is utilizing any advantage you can get to the fullest extent, within reason. (Some people will go and say that my feelings are contradictory, or that they're a 'slippery slope' to what allows DDoS'ing. They might be right, if it were anyone else. I know where I draw my lines personally, and it basically ends there insofar as my 'nh sympathies' are concerned.)

I will say though that I have extreme issues with, in the case of forum spies, maliciously affecting that individual--that happened with several of our officials who had the misfortune of using hotmail...

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm not sure lol.

Would you say it's NH?

Your clan had spies in exodus and collision, what does that tell you ;/.

Not to my knowledge but i guess we were desperate? Or maybe because of our rivalry with Exo and really old rivalry with Coll?

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

What do you think about spying? Personally, I don't do it, and I don't agree to others doing it. Explained more in #3.

Does your clan spy on another clan? No. WildGuard believes in fair play, and we don't do anything that we wouldn't want done to us. WG has had a history with spies in our clan who have leaked private information to the clan world, not only that, but then been asses about it and rubbed it in our faces. WG wouldn't do that to any other clan, no matter what our relationship is like.

Would you say it's NH? It's hard to define what's honourable and what's not these days. I don't agree to a person being in a clan solely to gather information on that clan, as it's not what clans are about. But it's a method, really. Spying is about gathering the enemy's information to gain a tactical advantage, and so the ultimate goal is to be victorious. So in a way, spying exploits the underlying foundations and meanings of clans. And with that thought, I guess I could call it NH. I wouldn't want a spy in my clan - would anyone?

Just depends if you have a huge rivalry against a clan. There will always be spies in the clan world, not only for knowing when that clans PK's, but to leak the clans privacy forum as well. It's just natural.

We had spies on DV because they hacked our site, and we had a beef rivalry. Other then them, nop.

Would you say it's NH?

No such thing as Honor on Runescape dot com.

100925185951.png

3144j6q.png

3 Years Strong<3

PM TheHitman|Will in #downfall at swiftirc if your interested in a fight against Downfall Clan

What do you think about spying? It's flat out sad and pathetic, just shows how desperate a clan is..

Does your clan spy on another clan? Not that I know of

Would you say it's NH? Sort of. Matters how you spy

"Don't Limit Your Challenges, Challenge Your Limits"

Coldplay1.png

What do you think about spying? I personally wouldn't do it but if a clanmate of mines did i wouldn't care.

Does your clan spy on another clan? We spyed on Envy and Downfall once each.

Would you say it's NH? I guess, but spying is pretty common.

warlordlol.gifProud to have been Tempted Killers Council

cudiimb.jpg

Tk since Day one to the end

What do you think about spying? I think the effort that you sometimes need to put in isnt worth it. Back in the old wildy there were more than 6 (whatever it is) worlds you had to hop on to find someone. There were those spies and then the others that attempted to get high ranks to cause turmoil from within.

Does your clan spy on another clan? In my time we have only ever spied to find out the specific spies in our clan. The clan in question got extremely upset when we found out who they were >.<

Would you say it's NH? It is what it is. It keeps it in game. Personally would never expect someone to put the effort into being a spy. Its honestly easier for us to have a friend tell us where someone is simply because we have so many ex-members in other clans.

flamesig.jpg