Why does Jagex make such a big fuss about bank space?

tedbundty

I never understood members that fill up their bank, I have some random quest items in there but I never hit above 250 really. I don't see why Jagex needs to add more unless there is a big piece of content that takes up a lot of space, people should just learn to get rid of junk they don't need.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it really be that big of a deal for them to give us members unlimited bank space?

Yes.

because its good for player that does lots of stuff at once

There are players who do lots of stuff at once right now... How come they can manage with limited bank space?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I've only got a few spaces free, but I know I could tidy it up more. Bank space is usually not a problem - in fact, I'd hate unlimited space since we could no longer do the ZMI method of filling up your bank, making runs quicker.

If you keep it tidy and clear out crap then there's enough space.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

well here is how to take up 409 of your bank spaces

[hide]bankc.png[/hide]

not gonna say everything there is essential, but it's all useful. also note that this is after cleaning.

I don't see how more bank spaces would have a serious impact on the game balance apart from ZMI rcing being more inconvenient

Yes, I think Jagex implementing a 'bank placeholder' system would be slightly more useful. I was thinking you could edit where the items sit in your bank on a separate screen, and once you "lock" all the items, you can take whatever you want and ghost images will hold the spots for your withdrawn items.

:thumbup: Less complaining, more brainstorming.

Been asking for that for years.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Yes, I think Jagex implementing a 'bank placeholder' system would be slightly more useful. I was thinking you could edit where the items sit in your bank on a separate screen, and once you "lock" all the items, you can take whatever you want and ghost images will hold the spots for your withdrawn items.

Been asking for that for years.

Would be awesome, especially if you could have two placeholders in two different places.

Would really, really, really help with farming runs.

O.O

I don't need more bank space...i don't need it but then again i don't currently keep every single item i will probably use to level my skills, and i destroyed my clue tab a few weeks ago.

I do agree though that more bank space wouldn't probably be enough rather i would like them to give us space holders...that would actually serve the purpose that all you people with plenty of bank space are saying which is help in sorting out banks out of all the crap we sometimes tend to hoard.

I disagree that the grand exchange is unlimited bank space because every other item i see is being merched.

[example]I don't want to pay 150k for a Obby maul when 1 month ago they were 50k...and i know that next month they are going to be 50k again, i want my Obby maul now![/example]

And i never understood why we couldn't have more than 1 untradeable items...i mean they ARE untradeable, so what's wrong with having 2 Varrock Armours? Or 2 key rings? Or 500k Yo-Yos? I just see no logical justification for this.

I might just post a topic on the RSOF about this...i mean they never said why we couldn't right?

I have to agree about the untradeable rewards -- there's no game imbalance if you have more than one of them, and having to reorder things around them gets a bit annoying. Even weirder -- I used to have two ectophials. When talking to the ghost who gives them out, I clicked out of the conversation and she gave me another. I had two in my inventory, put them both in my bank, and later one of them disappeared. That is really bizarre to me -- why give us two of something then just take it away?

I don't want unlimited space because then the fast ZMI tactic is moot -- organization is somewhat of a concern of mine, but I know where everything is.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I don't want unlimited space because then the fast ZMI tactic is moot -- organization is somewhat of a concern of mine, but I know where everything is.

How does this method work? I'm asking because I'm going to train there soon. If you can just link me to a post about it that would be fine.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

How does this method work? I'm asking because I'm going to train there soon. If you can just link me to a post about it that would be fine.

you fill your bank entirelly.. Even so full that the pouches/laws/astralls don't fit on your bank anymore..

Then when banking you can just click "bank all" and all your runes will be banked.. Yet you keep the pouches/law/astralls in your inventory.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You fill up your bank so you can use the deposit all button and not throw your pouches/fire runes in there.

edit: too slow :[

Take out your pouches and a large stack of fire runes to pay the banking fee, then fill up the rest of your bank completely. Then, every time you bank, hit the deposit-all button, which will bank everything in your inventory except the fire runes and pouches -- that way, you don't have to bank every stack of runes individually, saving time.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I would love it if I didn't have to use my POH to hold my clothing. I like being able to mix and match and try everything on but I can't really do that if I have to keep tele'ing between a bank and my house... I just recently threw out all of my placeholder clothing and put the other set in my house <_<

The only other area that I"ve run into a problem is when I'm doing an entire day (or several days) of level 1 clues.. not only do you have to have all of the gear to complete certain clues, you also need space for all of the rewards so you don't have to run to the GE to sell stuff off every 10 minutes.

Ah well I'll live.. I survived before we had this much bankspace so I know it's just that I've become a bit of a clutterbug/lazy. :razz:

I seriously love that idea, if they implemented that I wouldn't complain about anything involving the bank ever. Unless of course they deleted all my items.

Consider, if you will, the market impact of a bank placeholder system.

How many of us keep duplicates of items for the sole purpose of placeholding? If such a system came to be, there would be a lot of items dumped back into the market. I'm not saying that would be a good or bad thing... I'm just saying.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

i got enough space, all i want is more tab holders so my bank can be more organized

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

give f2p a total of 100 bank spaces and have mor tabs would be a good update for everyone

I can't speak to member's bank space as I've never been one, but I don't feel F2P needs any more bank space that what we've already been given. Like others have said before me, it just needs to be managed properly. That being said, one thing that would free up more space that I would like is the ability to get random costume sets from Thessalia in Varrock the same way we can get armor sets from the G.E..

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I can't speak to member's bank space as I've never been one, but I don't feel F2P needs any more bank space that what we've already been given. Like others have said before me, it just needs to be managed properly. That being said, one thing that would free up more space that I would like is the ability to get random costume sets from Thessalia in Varrock the same way we can get armor sets from the G.E..

or able to put clothes back like the holiday guy

Consider, if you will, the market impact of a bank placeholder system.

How many of us keep duplicates of items for the sole purpose of placeholding? If such a system came to be, there would be a lot of items dumped back into the market. I'm not saying that would be a good or bad thing... I'm just saying.

Few enough people do this for higher end items, comparatively, and there is sufficient volume of low-end items to counteract any significant, outside of temporary, market fluctuation. As well, the benefits far outweigh the problem.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

or able to put clothes back like the holiday guy

Indeed. That would be very useful.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just the bank. I would love more bank space but also there should be other storage places. Like in the fishing guild there could be a separate fish and supplies storage place or in the mining guild (which needs more/better rocks!) there should be an ore storage.