Ashes=Gold bars?

silralisk

i have been noticing this for quite a while. Ashes cost around 80-90gp each in GE. As of now, ashes cost 91gp(was 86gp yesterday), the same cost as gold bars in GE(how i wish that is true in the real world).I have been convincing many "need 5k please" noobs in f2p worlds to pick up ashes and sell to GE while training for my fm cape but few listened.

Do ashes have any economic use in rs at all? I quitted for 2 years and returned recently so new updates might have shot the prices of ashes up. can someone confirm this?

magax_king.png

That's Runescape economy, they don't plan when they release new stuff/new update.

better to save everything even normal bones, someday they will be same as dragon bones or even better.. :D

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Besides making serums, people also need them for feeding their pet Phoenixes. Assuming they're lucky enough to both have the Summoning level and find an egg, that is.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I guess no, it would make you loose atleast 20-40% efficieny and you make make money faster in that time.

Are you sure? If you FM backwards you have to run to the square each time so you might be able to pick them up?

Hameigh.png

Besides making serums, people also need them for feeding their pet Phoenixes. Assuming they're lucky enough to both have the Summoning level and find an egg, that is.

I heard people can get the egg below the required summoning level? They said that on RSOF, but I'm not sure.

New moneymaker? Burn willows, sell ashes :P

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Gold bars are supplied in vastly higher quantities that they're demanded. Most of the people who make them are willing to accept the loss; in fact, the price of gold bars is too high now. Smelters would sell them for much less than 90 gp. In contrast, few people supply ashes, and there is significant demand for the relatively cheap herblore experience you get from Serum 207. So it's only basic economic forces at work.

I guess no, it would make you loose atleast 20-40% efficieny and you make make money faster in that time.

Are you sure? If you FM backwards you have to run to the square each time so you might be able to pick them up?

I do this. I make fires backwards anyway and I only pick up the ashes that I can reach without slowing down, so the only cost is the couple extra clicks to bank them.

zezima once sayd that super heating gold is fast smithing xp (or so the story goes).

however it got started, it got started. and now hordes of players are super heating gold.

now gold ore is probably 150 or so gp higher then it would be, and gold bars are about 300 to 400 gp lowwer in price then thay should be.

its amazing the efects one small action can do.

as for ash, i can never think of any reson for it to be as exspensive as it is. at the very minimum, no one sells it.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I heard people can get the egg below the required summoning level? They said that on RSOF, but I'm not sure.

Just because one has the egg, doesn't mean one can hatch it. :wink: I got my godbird eggs long before I leveled up enough for me to be able to hatch them. Same for a vulture egg, which I actually got before them. (I don't have it anymore. It was wasting bank space and I was somewhere way below even 40 Summoning, let alone being anywhere near whatever level I need. So I dropped it.)

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Just because one has the egg, doesn't mean one can hatch it. :wink: I got my godbird eggs long before I leveled up enough for me to be able to hatch them. Same for a vulture egg, which I actually got before them. (I don't have it anymore. It was wasting bank space and I was somewhere way below even 40 Summoning, let alone being anywhere near whatever level I need. So I dropped it.)

I got my zamorak egg before summoning was released...

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

zezima once sayd that super heating gold is fast smithing xp (or so the story goes).

however it got started, it got started. and now hordes of players are super heating gold.

now gold ore is probably 150 or so gp higher then it would be, and gold bars are about 300 to 400 gp lowwer in price then thay should be.

Goldsmithing gauntlets, they have every reason to be as high/low priced as they are now.

O.O

It's possible to pick up half your ashes without losing efficiency (well, all remaining ones) if you fm in rectangles

New moneymaker? Burn willows, sell ashes :P

I would lol hard if it really happened.

And heart fming > rectangle fming.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

as for ash, i can never think of any reson for it to be as exspensive as it is. at the very minimum, no one sells it.

This is how myths start.

Three things happened to make gold near worthless.

One, gold smithing guantlet bonus started to be applied to the superheat spell.

Two, you can mine and cast superheat at the same time.

Three, living rock caverns came out with concentrated afkable gold ores.

The only way gold is going to go back up is if they add some jewelry options that are economical and fast for crafting training. (say a stealing creation clay bracelet mold)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The real question is why would you really want to firemake in rectangles.

Just seems like unneeded bother.

simple. Because it's the fastest way to fm.