Jagex plz stop advertising pl0x?

jjjon123

Does anyone else feel like jagex is advertising a little too much? As much as I like legend of the seeker (and i was looking forward to a third season since I read the books, no emperor jajang :( ) I dont want to see a giant zeddicus or a purple horizon or a disney book when i'm gona playing runescape. F2p already has stupid political ads, Please stop using your homepage as a gaint advertising banner.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Does anyone else feel like jagex is advertising a little too much? As much as I like legend of the seeker (and i was looking forward to a third season since I read the books, no emperor jajang :( )

I said damn near the exact same thing, lol.

Honestly seeing that gave me a little chill and reminded me a bit too much of Neopets for my liking. But really, how often do I really look at the main page? Not a lot. Mech.

Mixed blessing. If it helps them make ends meet and it doesn't happen on the actual game page itself (aside from the normal f2p ad) I have no real problem with it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Just out of curiosity could someone take a screenshot of what the mainpage looks like with the Ad? I only seem to be getting their regular ads so I'm thinking it's shown based on where you live.

Just out of curiosity could someone take a screenshot of what the mainpage looks like with the Ad? I only seem to be getting their regular ads so I'm thinking it's shown based on where you live.

screenshot023m.png

It's really not all that obtrusive or even distracting. I think what's more concerning is the fact that they did it at all.

hzvjpwS.gif

maybe they invested some amount of money in it and the makers said you get this amount of money for every person that sees it, and theyre trying to advertise more so it gets more views? or its the makers payed jagex for advertising tat movie for this long. just my 2 cent guesses

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Haven't they done this before with a Disney ad? I believe they have some kind of advertising partnership in the states.

Must be. I've never heard anyone that I know well complain (I'm mostly involved with Aussies and Kiwis).

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

It's always been like that for F2P and always will because F2P doesn't give them any money, so they need advertising. Membership on the other hand, pays them very well, thus no need for it.

Buy membership, problem solved

/thread

2vuhgcn.png

It's always been like that for F2P and always will because F2P doesn't give them any money, so they need advertising. Membership on the other hand, pays them very well, thus no need for it.

Buy membership, problem solved

/thread

The issue the OP is talking about is not the normal f2p ads. If you read the whole topic, you'd realize that :P For the record, I am a member and I still see that, even when I log in.

hzvjpwS.gif

I think maybe one or more of the higher-ups at JaGEx enjoys that show and decided to put on the advertisement. They don't do the full background advertisement very often, anyway. That's what I would do if I had a heavily visited site and a multimillion (billion?) dollar company - just advertise stuff I actually like and want to succeed, lol.

2dgucz6.png

No matter how weird these adverts turn out to be, Jagex still has no choice but to put them there.

A company is a company, and they will do everything they can to gain lots and lots of mooneyz. =P~

Also how does this affect your gameplay in any way? Be grateful they don't put one there while Runescape is loading...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

No matter how weird these adverts turn out to be, Jagex still has no choice but to put them there.

A company is a company, and they will do everything they can to gain lots and lots of mooneyz. =P~

Also how does this affect your gameplay in any way? Be grateful they don't put one there while Runescape is loading...

i would kill someone

ot: hey, if it helps them to get more money for better upddates for all of us, im up for not caring, advertisements will be advertisements.

Have you ever seen a (relatively large) company advertise a product/company on the majority of the Home webpage? That...

- Isnt related to the parent site (ie Gamestop front page advertising call of duty black ops, gamestop sells GAMES so advertising GAMES is ok)

- Isnt related to a contest/sweepstakes/big sale/historic event hosted on the parent site(ie Kraft foods front page advertising the movie Avatar because they are having a sweepstakes related to it)

Legend of the seeker (dvd series) and a disney BOOK series isnt related to runescape, there is also no sweepstakes/sale/event involved with those memorabilia.

I'm just saying that I think jagex is getting a little disparate for advertising space, adverts are one thing, a entire front page backround image is another thing.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

im more leanient on that the makers asked if they put it n there for amount of time for this much, kind of think of it as a tv show

Does anyone else think tip.it is advertising a bit too much? I mean there is an ad on every page.

It's just another way to get money. Get google chrome, and the addon adthwart. It works wonders, i tell you.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.