Panasonic's Jungle

Gbpackers31

While I prefer seeing RS on a console such as the 360, it would be interesting if the Jungle supports playing Runescape. Personally no matter if you can or can't, I wouldn't buy it as my laptop plays it fine and the money that I rarely get becomes game money :P. Would want to see the corp soloed on this if possible however. >=)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it can play RuneScape, an iPad or Netbook can too. Cool nonetheless, however.

iPads cant play Runescape in safari :S

fixed.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Sony had a handheld computer that would run runescape a while back. It had a place for a SIM card so you could really go hand held.

However it did cost as much as a decent used car for the demographic of people that read this message board.

When i get to work ill hunt down a link. It was a while ago i saw this so i am sure there are hundreds of reviews on it online.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2006/may/18/handsonwithso

Video of one

Fools_Taco.png

In January AMD will be releasing new CPU/chipset called Ontario and Zacate that will be for netbooks.

Will cost same amount as a Jungle probably (netbooks being around 300-350$) but you will be able to use Windows or a Linux distro and have enough graphical power to play SC2 at medium settings.

Usually the price of these are pretty heavy too. I personally wouldn't buy one unless I could run a linux distro. Otherwise you got a expensive device running weak phone OS.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

I think this could be nice for laying in bed and playing! Do an AFKable skill such as Woodcutting at Ivy, or perhaps alching!

It will overheat and probably die within a few months. It might not necessarily die but overheating is guaranteed.

I think this could be nice for laying in bed and playing! Do an AFKable skill such as Woodcutting at Ivy, or perhaps alching!

It will overheat and probably die within a few months. It might not necessarily die but overheating is guaranteed.

I doubt this, it looks like it's put together well. I still don';t see how it's better then a tablet, though.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Mobile devices are specifically designed so they don't overheat. In fact, that's one of the main reasons why someone would get a mobile device instead of a full blown netbook or laptop. Why do you think mobile devices have such low specs?

I fail to see how you can predict a device overheating by simply looking at the promotional pictures of it. You're literally just guessing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobile devices are specifically designed so they don't overheat. In fact, that's one of the main reasons why someone would get a mobile device instead of a full blown netbook or laptop. Why do you think mobile devices have such low specs?

I fail to see how you can predict a device overheating by simply looking at the promotional pictures of it. You're literally just guessing.

I used to build PCs + Notebooks.

It will overheat, it's a fact. RuneScape runs through Java which makes every PC or Notebook run hotter than normal, even if it's by 1 degree.

Jagex had the top of the range gaming Notebooks at RuneFest and several of them burnt out so it doesn't look good for the Jungle, unless Jagex are going to release a mobile-version of the game which uses loads (it would have to be loads) less resources.

I used to build PCs + Notebooks.

It will overheat, it's a fact. RuneScape runs through Java which makes every PC or Notebook run hotter than normal, even if it's by 1 degree.

Jagex had the top of the range gaming Notebooks at RuneFest and several of them burnt out so it doesn't look good for the Jungle, unless Jagex are going to release a mobile-version of the game which uses loads (it would have to be loads) less resources.

I've been building PC's for years. Java is a CPU hog, but Jagex isn't going to run the full RS HD client on the Jungle. Why do you think they made Ortho Mode? Jagex isn't stupid, they know the limits of the hardware.

No company will release a product or ship a game on a product that causes said product to overheat regularly. (inb4 RRoD)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds really, really gimmicky. You need internet to play an MMO, and unless internet becomes a virus in the air, it's not likely that it will truly be "portable"; you still need access points and crap. The only way I see it working would be to plug in a portable adapter into the USB port.

This sounds really, really gimmicky. You need internet to play an MMO, and unless internet becomes a virus in the air, it's not likely that it will truly be "portable"; you still need access points and crap. The only way I see it working would be to plug in a portable adapter into the USB port.

That's what dongles are for...

My Android phone has a WiFi hotspot so I can use my phones 3g connection on any WiFi enabled device. The internet is already "in the air"

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You know there's a thing called wireless internet.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Seeing the number of you who plan to buy it if it runs RS makes me think Jagex should make their own portable catered specifically to their MMO(s). I'm sure loads of players would buy it if it was done properly, which I assume it would be. 300$ for portable RS? I'd tap that.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Seeing the number of you who plan to buy it if it runs RS makes me think Jagex should make their own portable catered specifically to their MMO(s). I'm sure loads of players would buy it if it was done properly, which I assume it would be. 300$ for portable RS? I'd tap that.

I wouldn't pay 300$ for a device just to play RS.

I suggest you pick up a hobby, like stamp or coin collecting if you have that much extra money.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

You know there's a thing called wireless internet.

MM yeah, I wouldn't bet on wireless internet being everywhere, or everyone to have dongles for the sake of this gadget... it still looks like a waste of money even with those. I'll take whatever Nintendo/Sony gives any day over this though (not that I will ever buy anything, curse my lack of money).