Korasi's Sword: is it Balanced?

TheAncient

What you hit is completely luck based, as you'll never miss with it.

I understand that. But this is a topic with people debating whether or not it's too powerful. If it wasn't for this thread, i would have thought this was a useless weapon and moved on. What i am asking is why i am not getting anywhere near the hits other people are. Like i said i average 200 to 300. And this was fighting people lvl 110 an under. I could easily average more damage with a different spec weapon.

Sorry...I'll be more direct for you....

Your luck sucks....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is 100% accurate(and people are more or less sure of that) then yes, it ignores defense entirely, as defense doesn't affect your max(or average) hit.

And really, dclaws are around 90% accurate on even the toughest armor, and nearly always(if you land on the 1-3rd hit) deal double damage, korasi sword, even though being 100% accurate, only deals normal damage(50-150%, 100% average), and is much more luck based, can't be used twice in a row.

The RuneScape Wiki seems to be pretty accurate on how Dragon Claws work. I think I should copy pasta before people jump to conclusions without understanding how the special works

The Dragon claws does not only have one special attack sequence. There are four, which are:

The normal special attack, which first deals a high amount of damage, then half of that, and finally two attacks that add up to the previous attack. For example, You may hit a 300-150-70-80.

If the first hit misses and the second one hits, the 3rd and 4th hits will each deal half of that damage.

If the first two attacks hit 0-0, the 3rd and 4th will do damage at the same level as the first attack. For example, instead of hitting 300-150-75-75, it may instead hit 0-0-300-300.

If the dragon claws have hit 3 initial zeros, the last hit (if it hits) would have a 50% damage boost; e.g.: 0-0-0-450.

If the first three attacks fail, and the fourth attack also "fails", the fourth attack almost always hits a low number instead of a 0-- approximately between 7 and 1 lifepoints. A player with protect from melee, divine/elysian shield, 90+ defence, or with the Staff of Light special attack active can sometimes completely defend against dragon claws.

Basically you have three chances of dealing double damage, one chance of dealing 1 and a half times damage, and one chance of completely failing the special.

Oh - And are we talking about PvP balancing? or PvM?

Not_trolling, why did you quote my post on that? i said exactly the same thing rswiki says about it(apart from considering the 4th hit).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

@Not_Trolling

Ignoring accuracy; remember that Dragon claws, while still powerful, fall victim to the back-luck of the dice roll system. K-sword always hits 50-150% of your maximum hit, so while you do get a dice roll, you cant roll below 50% of your standard max.

Obviously Dragon Claws alone are more powerful because they can do two specials in a row. If claws suddenly were raised to above 50% special usage, or K-sword changed to 50%, K-sword would replace them completely.

As for overpowered, I believe the 60% usage keeps the weapon in check. If at any point you can 2x a K-sword it would be overpowered. However, it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

A nice note about the K-sword is, as your max hit gets higher, so does the specials power. 2-3 years from now, it could quite possibly be the strongest special weapon in the game, depending on how they re-balance the combat triangle.

Not_trolling, why did you quote my post on that? i said exactly the same thing rswiki says about it(apart from considering the 4th hit).

I dunno, I have a habit of quoting the last post on a similar subject, but I get offtopic alot.

At Katori; I understand that, I was only trying to explain the Dragon Claw mechanics, so people will actually understand how it works. It is quite precisely the 60% special that keeps the Korasi 'not overpowered', because if it was just 5% less, Ring of Vigour could be used to double special rush on people protecting from melee.

You can use spec restores in non-pvp worlds. = 2x Spec.

You can also do Korasi+Dclaws using a Vigour ring.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

However, we are talking mainly about PvP, so special restores are irrelevant. Korasi->Dclaws requires risking 28.5m, and the Vigour itself. I'd say it's still balanced, quite well thought out.

However, we are talking mainly about PvP, so special restores are irrelevant. Korasi->Dclaws requires risking 28.5m, and the Vigour itself. I'd say it's still balanced, quite well thought out.

Safe Pvp isn't a small part of the game... a lot of people do pits, clan wars, castle wars, etc. You can't just ignore it.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Safe Pvp isn't a small part of the game... a lot of people do pits, clan wars, castle wars, etc. You can't just ignore it.

But that is more about fun, and skill, and less about luck, risk, and profit, like dangerous PvP is. As a result, to some extent, balance is less important then other parts of the game, such as MH'ing, and dangerous PvP, which have a far more significant impact on the economy.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Random question: so does Mage protection actually reduce damage?

sigcopyaf.png

I understand that. But this is a topic with people debating whether or not it's too powerful. If it wasn't for this thread, i would have thought this was a useless weapon and moved on. What i am asking is why i am not getting anywhere near the hits other people are. Like i said i average 200 to 300. And this was fighting people lvl 110 an under. I could easily average more damage with a different spec weapon.

Your luck sucks....

No, but he has been using the special in multicombat.

your max in multi is 300 on your main target.

.. which is why korarsi's sword FAILS for almost any PvM Boss in Runescape.

- Tds are in multi

- GWD is multi

- DKS is multi

hell, even corp is multi

If you are maxing 300 on people in PvP, i suggest you check the corner of your screen for 2 crossed swords...

Boeg.png

Tormented Demons; Yes. PvP; Apparently not.

Wait wtf... seriously?? someone want to verify this?

sigcopyaf.png

I've tested it tons of times, and I cant say 100% proof, but I am fairly certain its a 50-150% of your max hit regardless of anything (aside from TD's). Meaning in single combat you always hit 50%-150% of your max, regardless of Prayer, SOL, Ely, Divine, Dung Shields, Ect.. I don't have a Ely/Divine to test it personally, but I would assume if prayer doesn't effect the mechanic of the special , nothing else would either.

EDIT: @Ancient RE: Safe PvP

Keep in mind the special is different in multi than it is in single combat. Most Safe PvP areas are multi-combat and thus the special does not hit though prayer, or have damage bonuses. In multi its just a normal hit, that hits 2 additional targets for 50% and 25%.

I've tested it tons of times, and I cant say 100% proof, but I am fairly certain its a 50-150% of your max hit regardless of anything (aside from TD's). Meaning in single combat you always hit 50%-150% of your max, regardless of Prayer, SOL, Ely, Divine, Dung Shields, Ect.. I don't have a Ely/Divine to test it personally, but I would assume if prayer doesn't effect the mechanic of the special , nothing else would either.

EDIT: @Ancient RE: Safe PvP

Keep in mind the special is different in multi than it is in single combat. Most Safe PvP areas are multi-combat and thus the special does not hit though prayer, or have damage bonuses. In multi its just a normal hit, that hits 2 additional targets for 50% and 25%.

Stone has a Divine you can test on. Ask him :]

Your luck sucks....

- Tds are in multi

- GWD is multi

- DKS is multi

hell, even corp is multi

If you are maxing 300 on people in PvP, i suggest you check the corner of your screen for 2 crossed swords...

I have been trying it out in the duel arena, and as far as i know it's not multi combat. Right? I see no multi symbol and i am there right now. Thank you for helping though.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Your luck sucks....

- Tds are in multi

- GWD is multi

- DKS is multi

hell, even corp is multi

I have been trying it out in the duel arena, and as far as i know it's not multi combat. Right? I see no multi symbol and i am there right now. Thank you for helping though.

How do you know your max hit doesn't just suck?

Your luck sucks....

- Tds are in multi

- GWD is multi

- DKS is multi

hell, even corp is multi

Because i am lvl 136 using turmoil with berzerker (i), bandos, fire cape, barrows gloves, rune defender, dragon boots, and a fury

jpegsigtest.jpg

Your luck sucks....

- Tds are in multi

- GWD is multi

- DKS is multi

hell, even corp is multi

Because i am lvl 136 using turmoil with berzerker (i), bandos, fire cape, barrows gloves, rune defender, dragon boots, and a fury

Try it in Clanwars Free For All, White Portal

Try it in Clanwars Free For All, White Portal

I take that back, my max DOES suck :oops: . According to tip.it's calc my max is about 400 with it, so my hits are in the correct range. I guess i was misinterpreting people when some said how hard it was hitting. And i suppose no overloads for me also decreases it a bit. Thanks for the help.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Are you sure mage pray doesnt help you in pvp? I think it might...

sigcopyaf.png

Easier to ask on a forum :P plus i'd be limited in sample size if it's just me testing beause i dont want to do it for too long

sigcopyaf.png

DyingSilent used Korasi's Sword!

Critical hit! It's super effective!

Foe (Opponent) has fainted!

DyingSilent gained (X) exp points!

^ Pokemon reference for those that lived their childhood under a rock :shock:

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape