Korasi's Sword: is it Balanced?

TheAncient

it basically kills you in 1v1... 100% of the time...

Not from what I found with dueling with my friend. She's lvl 135 and I'm lvl 134. My rapier vs her KS spec then whip for the rest of the fight, I won over 70% of the fights. Both of us had the same gear (BCP, Tassies, Nezzy helm, Dragon boots, Fury, Barrows gloves, and Zerker ring). The only differences were I didn't use a spec weapon, and she used a whip while I had rapier.

Edit: Sample size was 100 duels. I won 73 of the fights, she won 27 of them.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from what I found with dueling with my friend. She's lvl 135 and I'm lvl 134. My rapier vs her KS spec then whip for the rest of the fight, I won over 70% of the fights. Both of us had the same gear (BCP, Tassies, Nezzy helm, Dragon boots, Fury, Barrows gloves, and Zerker ring). The only differences were I didn't use a spec weapon, and she used a whip while I had rapier.

things to consider: you need a control for weapons (both of you use whip or both of you use rapier); pots; food?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

things to consider: you need a control for weapons (both of you use whip or both of you use rapier); pots; food?

In PvP you don't always have the same weapon as your opponent. She potted on a few of the fights with extremes, and only won one of the five she potted on. No food was used because we were mainly there to see how the spec worked. She only hit over 500 three times out of the 100 specs she did.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

relatively low-level grandmaster quest

Requiring 80 Magic and a series of other 70+ skills, it's the highest quest requirements

Also, it is fairy balanced. It's weaker than a whip, and the spec takes 60% of your bar, 54% with a RoV, which means you'll have to wait a bit, then activate the second spec, then wait even longer... unless you use a Special Restore (like Dragon Claw Speccers) etc.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Something interesting, if you use Soul Split while speccing, Soul Split heals you for each hit, not just the first one.

So if you manage a 800/400/200 special during slayer, you'd heal 280 for 60% of your spec bar. You can extrapolate that to ~470 lp healed per 100% of your spec bar, higher than EE. SGS has to hit 470 each hit to match that, which rarely happens.

C-c-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!

But seriously, if you have nothing to add to the discussion, don't post. Pointless quote chains will be removed and actions may be taken.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

this sword does have 1 huge pvp advantage for divine owners

anyone wants to pk with divine + claws, but that has 2 flaws

1. 30m rish

2. your volnurable to death when you spec the person, a simple venge + spec combo could kill you if your not carefull

so with divine + whip in pvp, karsoris sword is a realy good spec option, superior to the dds for accuracy and ko potential

1. 200k risk

2. you getta keep wielding divine

a_final_name.png

1. 30m rish

2. your volnurable to death when you spec the person, a simple venge + spec combo could kill you if your not carefull

so with divine + whip in pvp, karsoris sword is a realy good spec option, superior to the dds for accuracy and ko potential

1. 200k risk

Wouldn't you risk the whip as well? That would make it about a 3m risk, wouldn't it?

Requiring 80 Magic and a series of other 70+ skills, it's the highest quest requirements

Also, it is fairy balanced. It's weaker than a whip, and the spec takes 60% of your bar, 54% with a RoV, which means you'll have to wait a bit, then activate the second spec, then wait even longer... unless you use a Special Restore (like Dragon Claw Speccers) etc.

NOTE: THAT IS LOW LEVEL. READ: L-O-W.

It seems balanced. I'd still use claws spec unless:

1.) I don't want to be risking claws (Using divine in PvP)

2.) I NEED to be sure of hitting.

And Zaaps, its *really* hard to die rune pking w/ divine.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm just saying that Squisher forgot to include the risk for the whip, unless I'm missing something.

Although tbh, if I were in that position, I'd ditch the whip and use Divine + Korasi's Sword.

Just as it's really hard to find a fight. The KS should make the edge PKing scene a little more interesting atleast, just hope for no vigour+claws+KS rushers.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Just as it's really hard to find a fight. The KS should make the edge PKing scene a little more interesting atleast, just hope for no vigour+claws+KS rushers.

Its already hard to find a fight with any chaotic, just as right after T@S no one would want to fight turmoil.

And I'd rather use just whip+divine then Ks+divine. Only thing KS has going for it is spec (ko potential)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

No, "medium level" at best. Those skills are doable in like 20-30 hours.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

1. 30m rish

1. 200k risk

Wouldn't you risk the whip as well? That would make it about a 3m risk, wouldn't it?

no i mean 30m risk vs 200k risk for just a spec weapon, but either way 3.2 risk is better than 33m risk.

also if you have divine ur not realy risking anyways since u rarely die, ur only chance of dying is when u pull out a 2h spec weapon for a ko and get venged + combod.

a_final_name.png

Something interesting, if you use Soul Split while speccing, Soul Split heals you for each hit, not just the first one.

So if you manage a 800/400/200 special during slayer, you'd heal 280 for 60% of your spec bar. You can extrapolate that to ~470 lp healed per 100% of your spec bar, higher than EE. SGS has to hit 470 each hit to match that, which rarely happens.

I don't think it's even possible to hit that spec. I heard it's weaker when you use it in multi.

Slightly overpowered IMO, for PvP situations anyway. As previously mentioned, the bane of Dharok-users. I think it's safe to say, KS is responsible for the recent crash of AGS's and Claws, which were just finally starting to rebound after the "back-to-school crash." Going back to PvP instances though, KS is average for +1 worlds. Where it really shines is +0, and PvP worlds. 250k risk of a special weapon that is a guaranteed hit, quite often over 500. Though some may disagree, I find KS to be about equal to CR in some fights. On release day, using KS on stab with AC4 and Rune Defender, I was outhitting CR's if you take the special into consideration. Although it has a higher slash bonus, it is quite an epic stab weapon. Even with a lower strength bonus, it was hitting constant 300-380s for me. I find that it's a CR with a special.

TL;DR:

1. Not overpowered for BH+1.

2. Overpowered for BH+0/PVP.

3. 250k AGS/Claws (Special).

4. Comparable to CR (let the flaming begin).

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I don't think it's even possible to hit that spec. I heard it's weaker when you use it in multi.

I haven't hit *that* high, but I do find it to be rather awesome in the CT. It's amusing to down 3 Fire Giants at once. ;)

2dgucz6.png

Slightly overpowered IMO, for PvP situations anyway. As previously mentioned, the bane of Dharok-users. I think it's safe to say, KS is responsible for the recent crash of AGS's and Claws, which were just finally starting to rebound after the "back-to-school crash."

Multiple spec weapons is always a good thing.

And thank god claws are going down.

O.O