The Crew Wants You!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, When I first started I didn't know crap about coding. Part of being a Crew is you get to learn, so dont worry if you dont know it. If you want to learn it, you can. :)

True, then again I still don't know crap about coding apart from the basics. :mrgreen:

I CAN SEE YOU NOT APPLYING FROM HERE

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Ohh, very nice. I'd love to join the crew but it's a no go for me since I'm TET already.

And as we all know, TET > Crew.

*waits for the raging crewbies*.

Jk guys, good luck to everyone who applies!

So true.. So true.. Oh wait..

Love you crew! <3:

Good luck to all who apply =)

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

I'm going to apply right now! I hope my having the basics of html, php, mysql query, and javascript will help my application. Good luck to everyone who applies!

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

I'm still kind of unsure whether I should join the crew or not.

There's this issue of me not having ANY coding knowledge, but at least as stated earlier you get to learn stuff like that in the crew.

My main issue is that I'm f2p. Since just about ALL the crewbie people are members, and most people work on member guides anyway, I'm really unsure about my standing...

That being said, I would definitely want to join if it wasn't for this limitation.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

While P2P certainly is an asset (no limitations to what one can work with), F2P is not something that immediatly closes the Crew doors. We've had a lot of F2P Crewbies, including myself. :)

Send in an application, there's nothing to lose if you do unlike if you don't send one. You never know what's going to happen. ;)

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I'd quote someone, but then I'd have to quote about 10 posts, so I'll just speak in general. Some of you are very concerned about not having major coding skills, don't let that deter you. Your biggest factor is commitment. Do you spend time on Runescape or Tip.it (and enjoy it!) and have time to commit to it. From there, you can build on your knowledge. If you really want to apply for crew, but think you're not "knowledgable enough" don't let that run you off. Chase after your goals (to sound cheesy).

I look forward to meeting all the new faces and sharing cake with you all!

All the best to the applicants!

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

Having briefly been crew before and being a thrown in at the deep end coder.

I have to concur with all the sentiments; html etc may seem like AHHHH scary but once your throw into it as long as you give it a chance its relatively easy.

I mean like 80% of using html is simply putting obvious words in triangle brackets like center and color even the non-word ones are kinda obvious (like B I U for bold, italic underline)

The only "hard" bit is if you don;t known American spellings of words; number of times in early coding days I spent half hour trying to fix a centre tag only to realise i put centre not center. lol

Plus html isn't a HUUUGGGE part of the job for most things. Unless a lot has changed the main job is typing without spelling mistakes and double checking in-game. Anda couple of odd thing like when referencing floors you need put both or make clear which is being used. Cause if you use british floor 1 and don;t tell all the americans get confused. If you use american and dont tell all the brits get confused

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I mean like 80% of using html is simply putting obvious words in triangle brackets like center and color even the non-word ones are kinda obvious (like B I U for bold, italic underline)

The only "hard" bit is if you don;t known American spellings of words; number of times in early coding days I spent half hour trying to fix a centre tag only to realise i put centre not center. lol

Colour and color also gets me now and again :unsure: especially lovely since CSS just ignores stuff it doesn't know so you're left wondering why the bloody hell the background colour isn't working.

But yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about not being knowledgeable about coding. There's plenty of resources available that help you get in the groove and which are geared towards tip.it as a site, so learning it won't be as scary as it might seem.

And for what it's worth, I've been F2P for the majority of the time I've been on the crew, so don't let that stop you :P

especially lovely since CSS just ignores stuff it doesn't know so you're left wondering why the bloody hell the background colour isn't working.

Ugh, been there, done that. :P VERY annoying at times.

Ah, so it doesn't matter if you're f2p or not. :P Well, thanks for lifting up my motives, I'll definitely give applying a try! :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

especially lovely since CSS just ignores stuff it doesn't know so you're left wondering why the bloody hell the background colour isn't working.

Ugh, been there, done that. :P VERY annoying at times.

WOOOO CSS!!!!!

I had too much of it last year. :P I guess my class last year was html/css/webdesign oriented.

Its actionscript/making programs this year. Im still not sure which I prefer.

Ugh Just a question how come it says applications entry's are due by Oct 20th

• IMPORTANT: Read every question and answer every question to the best of your ability
  • Applications will be closed October 20, 2010!

Well, you get what they mean. It's supposed to be November 20, 2010, lol :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Ugh Just a question how come it says applications entry's are due by Oct 20th

• IMPORTANT: Read every question and answer every question to the best of your ability
  • Applications will be closed October 20, 2010!

Well, you get what they mean. It's supposed to be November 20, 2010, lol :P

Yea i know.

Just bothers me someone spelled out OCT and didnt catch this.

Kingmickez25.png

how long will it take for them to be reviewed after the 20th? (how long till you announce who get the positions)

Proud Ubuntu User!

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

Obviously I'm not really involved with the process but the selection combined with training and processing can take some time. I'd guestimate mid-late december earliest.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

how long will it take for them to be reviewed after the 20th? (how long till you announce who get the positions)

It really depends. You'll know if you got selected hopefully within a week after they close.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

It really depends. You'll know if you got selected hopefully within a week after they close.

that was a fast reply! thanks for your answer! so I have around 15 days to hope! I really want to join the crew!

Proud Ubuntu User!

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png