The Crew Wants You!

The Crew Wants You!

35b6614df0.png

Applications are now closed. Thanks to everybody who applied - it was fantastic to see energetic users wanting to be part of the team! :)

Here is a brief list of Questions we thought you would like answered:

• Who read my application? Crew and Administrators
  • How long until I find out if I was accepted or declined? You should hear back from us within one week from November 20. If you don't get anything after a week, please PM me.
  • Will there be a list of those declined? This information is confidential and will be kept between us and the applicant. If the applicant wishes to tell people they were declined, that is up to them.
  • Can I check in on my application? No, but you should hear back from us within a week.
  • Will I be contacted if you declined or accepted my application? Yes. A pm will be sent to those declined and those accepted.
  • If I am not accepted, is this the last chance I had to join the Crew? No. All applications will be kept on file for when a need for new Crew arises. As always, we also continue to look for people we would like to see join our team through our normal selection progress which happens within the Crew.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me. :)

[hide]Tip.It's Website Crew is currently looking for volunteers to join the team! Tip.It's Website Crew is the team of volunteers dedicated to the upkeep of the main help-site. If you've ever had an interest in being a part of it all or think you have any skills that could make the site even better, you're looking in the right place! The Crew has many available positions each requiring very different skills and interests. More information on the various positions in a moment. Before applying, you should know a little bit about how the Crew runs. It is important to not glamor a position up, as one may find the Crew was not how they expected it would be when they applied.

First off, Tip.It is not a for-profit organization - All staff positions here are fully volunteer positions. Those putting their time into the site are working purely for the bettering of Tip.It. If accepted, you will be required to make somewhat of a commitment to put enough time into your position and ingame research. Crew Training and Crew Work requires time to accomplish and without this commitment, you will not be able to meet deadlines and work as a team. Secondly, web design, coding or mapping skills are an asset, but will not stop us from welcoming you aboard. Our only request is you have a willing attitude to learn whatever interests you. Being a good student will help you throughout your entire Crew career.

Both the Staff and Crew are very close teams and you will have the opportunity to meet and work with all existing staff to help better this site. Overall, the Crew is definitely a worthy investment of time. Those who enjoy close communities and view the site as their hobby often have a very fun time being on Crew.

Positions

Here is a look at some of the positions waiting to be filled within the Crew.

[hide=Quest Editor]Requirements: - Reasonable RuneScape Skills to do New and Existing Quests

- Excellent Spelling and Grammar Skills

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities: - Researching and writing guides for newly released quests.

- Adding guides for new quests to the Quests database.

- Updating existing quests with information from forum user-submitted submissions.[/hide]

[hide=Clan Guides Editor]Requirements: - Good knowledge of the clan world, high involvement in the Clans world.

- Excellent spelling and grammar

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities:

- Authoring new guides to appear on the Clans section of our site (tutorials, etc)

- Maintaining our Clan Database and Procedural topics in the Clan Section

- Bringing new ideas for the Clan website to the table[/hide]

[hide=Maps Editor]Requirements: - PhotoShop Skills or Willing to Learn PhotoShop

Responsibilities: - Making new maps when the need arises. (usually game updates)

- Writing new and updating map descriptions and creating/updating map pages, if required.

- Responding to feedback and site submissions regarding any maps.[/hide]

[hide=Calculator Editor]Requirements: - Fluent in JavaScript and HTML, PHP and other languages an asset

Responsibilities: - Adding new items to current calculators and planners.

- Coming up with new calculators and planners when the need arises.

- Responding and dealing with feedback from submission boards regarding calculators and planners.[/hide]

[hide=Frontend and Backend Coding]Requirements: - Fluent in JavaScript, HTML, PHP and MySQL - Other languages an asset

Responsibilities: - Developing new features to enhance users visits.

- Maintaining and bug fixing existing scripts/features.[/hide]

[hide=Items Database Editor]Requirements: - Decent RuneScape Skills and Willingness to login and research data

-Good spelling and grammar

- Ability to create transparent images or willingness to learn

Responsibilities: - Updating existing items.

- Responding to feedback and site submissions about the items database.

- Researching and adding newly released items to the items database.[/hide]

[hide=Bestiary Editor]Requirements: - Decent RuneScape Skills and Willingness to login and research data (Combat is important for Bestiary work)

- Good knowledge and experience with slaying monsters

- Good spelling and grammar

- Ability to create transparent images or willingness to learn

Responsibilities: - Updating existing monsters.

- Responding to feedback and site submissions about the Bestiary.

- Researching and adding newly released monsters to the Bestiary.[/hide]

[hide=Guides Editor]Requirements: - Willingness to login and research data, especially on game update days

- Excellent spelling and grammar

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities:

- Authoring any new guides if the need arises.

- Updating and responding to feedback relating to Tip.It guides.

- Updating Tip.It guides following Jagex Updates.[/hide]

Still interested? Excellent! To apply, you will need to fill out the following application and PM it to Staff_Applications. Please make Crew Application: <your name here> the PM subject for sorting purposes.

Remember:

• PM your application to Staff_Applications - do not post it on this topic!
  • Put Crew Application: <your name here> as the Subject
  • Applications are only open to those who have been registered for our forums approximately 6+ months
  • Remember, this is one of the main things you will be evaluated on! Please take your time to make a good impression
  • IMPORTANT: Read every question and answer every question to the best of your ability
  • Applications will be closed November 20, 2010!
  • Even if you aren't chosen from the start, your application will be kept on file and we'll look at it later on when the need for Crew arises!

Without further ado:

[hide=Application - Read Only]

Tell us About Your Relationship with Tip.It

1. How long have you been a member of Tip.It (in months)? What is your current post count?

2. Please provide a link to your Tip.It profile:

3. Which forum board(s) do you read/post on most often?

Tell us Your Qualifications

4. How many hours do you play RS per week?

5. Are you a RuneScape Paying Member? If not, have you ever been P2P?

6. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?

7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?

8. Have you written any RS guides that were selected for the Tip.It Archive of Wisdom forum? If so, please provide links. Feel free to link to other guides you've written on our forums that are not in the AoW:

9. Please provide a link to 2-3 of your recent Tip.It posts that demonstrate crew-related skills (such as in-game research or images) and your contributions to the Tip.It forums (such as Website Updates, Help and Advice, etc.)

10. Explain why you want to be a Website Crew Member and how you would benefit the team:

11. Are you interested in a specific Crew position? Please remember that positions are given out based on what the Crew needs most. It is best to stay open minded and have a few choices ready:

Tell Us About Your Computer

12. Which operating system are you running? Include all version numbers.

13. Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

14. Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

15. Do you have an up-to-date spyware-detection program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

16. Is your computer a personal computer or shared?

More About You

17. This question is NOT part of Crew hiring criteria, but will help us to know you better:

18. Tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you here! Favorite color, hobbies, sports, education, etc. Let us know who YOU are!

[/hide]

[hide=In Code Tags - Copy From here!]

[size="3"][b]Tell us About Your Relationship with Tip.It[/b][/size]

[b]1. How long have you been a member of Tip.It (in months)? What is your current post count?[/b]

[b]2. Please provide a link to your Tip.It profile:[/b]

[b]3. Which forum board(s) do you read/post on most often?[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell us Your Qualifications[/b][/size]

[b]4. How many hours do you play RS per week? [/b]

[b]5. Are you a RuneScape Paying Member? If not, have you ever been P2P?[/b]

[b]6. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?[/b]

[b]7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?[/b]

[b]8. Have you written any RS guides that were selected for the Tip.It Archive of Wisdom forum? If so, please provide links. Feel free to link to other guides you've written on our forums that are not in the AoW:[/b]

[b]9. Please provide a link to 2-3 of your recent Tip.It posts that demonstrate crew-related skills (such as in-game research or images) and your contributions to the Tip.It forums (such as Website Updates, Help and Advice, etc.)[/b]

[b]10. Explain why you want to be a Website Crew Member and how you would benefit the team:[/b]

[b]11. Are you interested in a specific Crew position? Please remember that positions are given out based on what the Crew needs most. It is best to stay open minded and have a few choices ready:[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell Us About Your Computer[/b][/size]

[b]12. Which operating system are you running? Include all version numbers.[/b]

[b]13. Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]14. Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]15. Do you have an up-to-date spyware-detection program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]16. Is your computer a personal computer or shared?[/b]

[size="3"][b]More About You[/b][/size]

[b]17. This question is NOT part of Crew hiring criteria, but will help us to know you better:[/b]

[list][*][b]Which age group do you fall into? (Select one) 13-15 16-18 19-25 25+[/b]

[*][b]In what country do you live? Time Zone?[/b]

[*][b]What is your RSN? Link to the RS High Scores or provide any self-updating stat-signature.[/b] 

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/hiscorepersonal.ws?user1=YOUR-USERNAME-HERE[/list]

[b]18. Tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you here! Favorite color, hobbies, sports, education, etc. Let us know who YOU are! [/b]

[/hide]

REMEMBER - Just be yourself. Trying to impress us will probably not make matters better. You won't be the same 'false self' all the time. Applications are not being run on a first come, first served basis so take your time.

I look forward to reading your applications! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or you can post on this topic. Do NOT post your application here.[/hide]

-Cowman 133

For the Tip.It Crew

1.png
generic_signature.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck everyone!! :thumbsup: If you're interested, go ahead an apply! Don't worry thinking "Oh I'm not good enough, I won't get accepted so I'm not going to bother" - leave that up to the Crew to decide ;) It's better to have failed but say you tried than to say you didn't try at all!

We have a lot of great users out there and I'm sure many of you would be wonderful assets to the Tip.it Crew Team!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

What's the worst that could happen?

You get stuck in a conversation with me. :-D

Which we all know, isn't pleasant

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Yaya *fills out form*

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ohh, very nice. I'd love to join the crew but it's a no go for me since I'm TET already.

And as we all know, TET > Crew.

*waits for the raging crewbies*.

Jk guys, good luck to everyone who applies!

*rage* We all know it goes Crew is top of the list!

Can I apply?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I'd apply, but the only that I really know how to do is make images transparent :unsure:

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I'd apply, but the only that I really know how to do is make images transparent :unsure:

I'd still say apply! You can work on guides (HTML will come pretty quick, as you have many other examples to refer too, and other experienced crewbies to assist you if you have questions), or even gathering data for Items/Bestiary. Applying can't hurt, right?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Hmmm I am sort of 50/50 on this as I have always loved helping tipit out with occasional items needed for the item database I.E. dragon (or) armour and other items such as transparentising the backgrounds for potions about a year or two back with cowman, n_odie and other willing tipit members, but at the same time I don't know any coding/html etc. and whether I'd be suitable for the role.

When I get on the computer the first two things I do is browse the tipit general forum to see if there are any new topics that interest me, as well as the 'post your screenshots here' sticky, and after that is done, I open up Runescape ready to play.

I am honest and willing to learn new things. I am worried real life may get in the way though, in terms of being unable to keep up with adding information for the items database role. I admit I am bad with time pressure, and work best at my own pace. I love working with photoshop though, and I would say I know enough about transparentising images.

Is having worries about the responsibility of taking on a role a good thing? :-/ I think the only thing that worries me is the html/coding side of the role. Hmmm

2vuhgcn.png

Trust me, When I first started I didn't know crap about coding. Part of being a Crew is you get to learn, so dont worry if you dont know it. If you want to learn it, you can. :)

I should totally apply.

Popoto.~<3

Trust me, When I first started I didn't know crap about coding. Part of being a Crew is you get to learn, so dont worry if you dont know it. If you want to learn it, you can. :)

Quoting for truth. Also, I think Crew is an awesome and efficient way to learn skills like HTML coding. When I joined the Crew, I hadn't written a single piece of HTML code in about 8-9 years a few months later I could code a whole table without many problems at all. ;)

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png