Level 4 with Fire Cape

blackxp

So, I was running around the GE when I noticed a level 4. Being a typical skiller its always fun to note other skillers in the area. So I took a second look and noticed he was wearing a fire cape. Had to double take a few times to put the two pieces together. Instantaneously I was taking a video...

Here is the resulting video with explanation!

Basically Jagex recently changed their bot/macro rules from an instant ban to a stat wipe (warning). Meaning he botted his combat stats and killed jad to get the fire cape then was stat wiped. Very impressive to see, but in the end its just a mark of shame. Hope Jagex fixes this issue and wipes their quests/music/items/etc. Because this can obviously be abused. I thought we learned from the past, with the lvl 1 accounts and low lvls with access to the heroes guild. Oh well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3m5xJyOvQ

Hope you enjoyed! Interesting nonetheless!

black_firexp.png

Cool to see but this stat wiping business is really going to ruin a lot of level 3 skiller achievements that people have done legitimately. If Jagex are going to use this wiping stats approach they should wipe everything the account has done/gotten during the time it botted. Any items gained of course should be put on the GE to avoid rares and such being lost though.

Cool to see but this stat wiping business is really going to ruin a lot of level 3 skiller achievements that people have done legitimately. If Jagex are going to use this wiping stats approach they should wipe everything the account has done/gotten during the time it botted. Any items gained of course should be put on the GE to avoid rares and such being lost though.

I agree, if they're going to revert for botting, they need to get rid of the items that were botted, or they aren't solving the problem.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Yeah, get rid of the items, knock out quests, etc. I could honestly see people botting just for a statwipe now. Level 3 with firecape. Level 3 with all elite diaries done. Level 3 in Legneds guild or in TD cave. Etc.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Lol...

I can see the idea behind stat wiping - you risk losing your levels if you bot. Unfortunately, the majority of botters are not just botting levels on their main accounts. Sure, some do. But most are alternate accounts and whatnot.

Really though, gotta wipe stats. If this becomes well known it won't be long before we start seeing people intentionally botting to get "cool" accounts.

Hurrr look at me I got quest cape at level 3 lololol, omg cool legends cape etc etc

I see botting as having no risk now. You can bot all you want and if you get caught, then you lose the lvls you botted. Plus this new incentive! Make a new account in which you bot all the lvls for the fire cape, hard quests (with access to guilds), etc then get banned cause you want to (meaning its desirable now to get caught!).

Then enjoy your new lvl 3 (4) or whatever... that has rare access to all of these spots. This is terrible. I mean before this there were a few "rare" accounts such as the 1 hp stat wipe ones who were lvl 1 cmb. Also a few accounts with rare quest unlocks at lvl 3... but it was rare and long fixed. I just cannot believe they would od this, knowing what happened in the past...

I say we go back to instant bans. There are always people who have been hacked, but for the most part its quite obvious whether or not someones claim that they were hacked were legit or not.

black_firexp.png

This is a massive bug, not a way for solving botting. See the officially thread on the RSOF. People who never bot also have these problems.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could see people majorly abusing this to make pures. Imagine having access to barrows gloves, defenders, curses, ancients, quest rewards, ect without having to waste levels on stat reqs for quests and such. People could have huge advantages making pures with these items stocked up.

Does the stat wipe reduce only the stats that Jagex suspects the player botted, or does it wipe all of the player's stats?

Suspected botted stats.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone here think its a stat wipe? Presumably, that account had varying amounts of Prayer, Range, Defense, and HP. Stats get wiped to level 10 to prevent that kind of stuff from happening. I find it hard to believe Jagex is failing this hard.

Anyways, I think its the restock glitch. Would have taken hours, possibly days straight, but with enough recoils and sara brews it might just work.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Perhaps Jagex could automatically unwield all items worn and if they're in a dangerous location, teleport them to Lumbridge. Also requirements should be placed on the fire cape (eg 45 combat or something because I've seen level 45s with it).

j0xPu5R.png

Why does everyone here think its a stat wipe? Presumably, that account had varying amounts of Prayer, Range, Defense, and HP. Stats get wiped to level 10 to prevent that kind of stuff from happening. I find it hard to believe Jagex is failing this hard.

Anyways, I think its the restock glitch. Would have taken hours, possibly days straight, but with enough recoils and sara brews it might just work.

I'm not saying what you said is impossible, but it's very very unlikely, however, you could be right.