More USA documents get released by Wikileaks

The Observer

(CNN) -- Newspapers in Europe and the United States began publishing details of tens of thousands of confidential U.S. diplomatic documents Sunday, spawning condemnation from the White House and congressional leaders.

The documents had been released in advance to The New York Times and to four European newspapers by the online whistleblower website WikiLeaks, which reported its servers were under an electronic attack Sunday afternoon.

Many of the documents detail conversations on sensitive issues between American officials and leaders in the Middle East, Afghanistan and elsewhere on topics ranging from nuclear programs in Iran and Pakistan, efforts to persuade other governments to take prisoners from the U.S. prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and reports of China's involvement in cyber-espionage.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs condemned the release, warning that publishing the documents would jeopardize "our diplomats, intelligence professionals, and people around the world who come to the United States for assistance in promoting democracy and open government."

"By releasing stolen and classified documents, Wikileaks has put at risk not only the cause of human rights but also the lives and work of these individuals," Gibbs said. "We condemn in the strongest terms the unauthorized disclosure of classified documents and sensitive national security information."

Source of full article: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/28/wikileaks.documents.published/index.html?hpt=T1

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like the guy running wikileaks is a total tool-bag. I also feel that Obama needs to tighten down security in his administration, because for wikileaks to publish something it first needs to be leaked. Whoever is leaking should be tried for treason.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

It was one guy leaking it, and he is being tried. He'll get jail for life, no questions asked.

gee dont we have the right to government documents as citizens? He is just leaking documents before the government "loses them" or blacks out all relevant information.

But yeah he will probably get life sentence or executed ~ in either case im sure it wont be a regular prison and no one will ever hear of him again

I severely doubt he'll be executed, but certainly given some sort of sentence. Possibly treason, or stealing, or some such thing as a crime, but as to his sentence I have no clue.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

gee dont we have the right to government documents as citizens? He is just leaking documents before the government "loses them" or blacks out all relevant information.

Somehow I doubt his motives are that innocent.

There's also probably a reason that some of that stuff was confidential. If these leaks end up compromising security somewhere and getting people killed, the blood's on his hands. That, though, you'll probably never hear about, and if you do, it'd probably never get linked to the leaks.

The editor is acting in a treasonous way, no doubt. That aside, personnel such as diplomats who are assigned to represent our national interests should never say something relating to their job/our country that they would be uncomfortable with everyone hearing. One should always watch what they say, *cough* King Abdullah.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Were his motives to expose the evils of the American government? Or get get soldiers killed?

I'd assume a political motive. Get people against the government by leaking only the most incriminating documents imaginable.

The irony is that if his motive is anti-war, something like this is bound to get somebody killed. Avoiding senseless violence is the point of being anti-war.

People misunderstand this due to the misrepresentation by press people with no backbone. Assange releases documents which the government should be making public in the first place - stuff about how horribly the Afghan war is going, for example. Wikileaks first edits all of its information to make sure it does not put anyone's life at risk. The goal here is not to undermine the government or get people killed, but to expose corruption, especially in the wars in the Middle East.

Obama has nothing to do with it.

The people who say it puts the lives of soldiers in danger either don't know what they're talking about (read it in an article on the internet) or are worried about being "condemned" by the government.

Were his motives to expose the evils of the American government? Or get get soldiers killed?

I'd assume a political motive. Get people against the government by leaking only the most incriminating documents imaginable.

The irony is that if his motive is anti-war, something like this is bound to get somebody killed. Avoiding senseless violence is the point of being anti-war.

From what I have read its moslty US policy that is being exposed, not troop positions. And is there something wrong with showing the people the truth and having them decide that our government is doing something bad?

Personally I don't trust the guy to show the 'truth'. I wouldn't doubt that there's a lot of thought that goes in to just what to leak to the press. The focus is bound to be on the most shocking or incriminating details.

I'd feel the same way if it was a pro-war source trying to say how well the war was going. There's too much for one person to gain from this and too much room for abuse. Call it cynicism if you want.

Of course, I've already shown how little I really know about the site itself, so make of that what you will.

So Tip it hasn't realized that wiki leaks is actually just a CIA front yet?

Besides the one video of the helicopter shooting civilians (before which no one even heard of wiki leaks) what actually has been leaked??

Nevermind the fact that Julian Assange completly disregards the 9-11 truth movement and calls anyone who actually supports it a wacko.

A bunch of documents pointing towards iran as funding the insurgancey.

Or the last document leaked that "proves" Osama Bin laden is still alive....

Or the documents saying that the only people who are torturing Iraqi prisoners are the local Iraqi military, despite the numerouse pictures proving otherwise.

If he really was a whistle blower, he'd be posting documents about the torture methodes used by the CIA now, lists of how many people are actually in US "custody" without ever a chance of seeing a lawyer. But no. Besides the one single video that made wiki leaks famous everything they have posted has actually helped the US's agenda.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

And on the other hand, someone who may be angry that he isn't seeing what he wants out of the leaks.

Nevermind the fact that Julian Assange completly disregards the 9-11 truth movement and calls anyone who actually supports it a wacko.

I'm not usually one for open mockery, but this is just too easy.

Yep, because hundreds of construction experts, demolition experts, and scientists from around the world, who make buildings collapse for a living, must all be wackos.

michel555555.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Yep, because hundreds of construction experts, demolition experts, and scientists from around the world, who make buildings collapse for a living, must all be wackos.

[citation needed], though if your source is Loose Change don't expect a response

[citation needed]

http://www.911truth.org/

Just google it and spend 5 minutes reading some articles.

Or failing that, explain how a building that supposedly pancake collapsed, i.e. one floor falling on top of another, can fall at free fall speed?

Barring god willed it its physically imposible because the floors falling on top of one another would have slowed it down.

michel555555.png

:rolleyes: Are YOU serious?

People in this thread really need to look up what treason means.

gov't: "Wikilieaks might theoretically have blood on their hands in a hypothetical situation that has not actually happened" said a government spokesman from behind a podium made of blood in a castle made of blood atop a mountain made of blood.

Alternately: "*invades iraq for no reason*

The blood is on your hands wikileaks! "

Also, as far as I've read there hasn't even been any deaths caused by any of the last releases either.

e: can a mod take care of michel's blatant trolling and Mask's gullibility?

yes.png

Honestly, I stopped making assumptions after a while.

Michel is generating legit discussion, related to Wikileaks. Mods have no place in Mask's gullibility though :P

Why not? You have my permission if you ever need to :razz:

http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/factsheets/faqs_8_2006.htm

http://www.popularmechanics.com/911-myths?click=main_sr

http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/

Maybe if we didn't have our sticky fingers in every Middle Eastern country's business, there wouldn't be any need for leaks of this kind. Ah, but I can dream can't I?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I find it funny to be honest.

I kinda do too.

Why would a site like that even exist? I mean, if it's sole purpose (as it could be construed as:) is to leak documents... Couldn't that be said to propagate treason and thus by federal law be shut down?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge