Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A level 8 with a Fire Cape

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Silmandra
[ Display Name History ]

Silmandra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Silmandra

Jagex, please stop resetting bots? Ban them.

Stats are reset to 10 for bots, so you would have to have 10 ranged an prayer, that's why  8 instead of 3.

Also, you can get barrows gloves at level 10 defence, Instea 34.

Previously, people broke rules just to see the black hole (rs classic). Now people will bot just to have another cool and rare account like this.

Thanks in advice for hiding this topic.
If you dont want there topocs to be Made, add a rule which bans it.

This is my original post on ruescape forums. As i expected, it was hidden (in a few seconds, i recieved only one reply).
I would love to swe tip.it being more tolerant or w/e.

das
[ Display Name History ]

das

The Collector

• Members
  • 7,895 posts
actually in classic you paid boot the dwarf like 10 gp and you went to the black hole - you got a disk of returning to get out. So no - people didn't break the rules in classic to "See" the black hole. Infact most cheaters in classic were named and shamed on the front page so people would KNOW they cheated - some are still controversial to this day, like Xxcavalierxx. In Classic Jagex had teeth, whereas now they do not.
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln

Silmandra
[ Display Name History ]

Silmandra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
Das, i know about the disk of returning.

The disk was acrually added because players broke rules on purpose, just to see it (ofc not on main account).

After a while it was discounted, because people Got trappe in the hole after dropping discs.

das
[ Display Name History ]

das

The Collector

• Members
  • 7,895 posts
Heh no not exactly did you play classic? The dwarf experience mainly had people hack others and drop the disk so they would be stuck - but you could go down there and hand a disk to a stuck friend, it didn't require jagex to teleport you out
Since I would say i've played since 2001, and I know what i'm talking about - i'll just leave this link here
http://www.tip.it/ru...?rs2item_id=500
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Unfortunately some topics like that do get locked from time to time with the reason being it's discussing cheaters/bots. I once had a topic explaining I was doing my black dragon slayer task and I decided to kill the baby black dragons instead. So I went to the chaos tunnels to kill them. I couldn't believe how many green dragon bots there were, so I made a topic asking why there were so many bots there, or were they just all coincidentally wearing the same gear and not talking?

Sadly the topic was locked and it was apparently 'discussing bots' when in fact 'discussing bots' would be asking/discussing how a bot works, which I was not. I was asking why there were so many bots at an area, which is completely different.

Threads are unfairly locked from time to time, and it is sad that there are a few lock-happy mods, but there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately :(

To the topic. I do think all this stat-resetting business is encouraging legitimate players to cheat, as it may be considered 'cool' to be a low level with hard to get items. I too, wish Jagex would give harsher punishment to those who decide to cheat, but it is their game in the end, and only we can give them our opinion. The ball is in their court :)
Posted Image

Silmandra
[ Display Name History ]

Silmandra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
Das, i admit I haven't. That's what I read on a website.. Once. You must be right then.

Triquos, you can post it on tip it! xD
They just hide them so lewa people ser the problem, but if it was widely spread, maybe they would do somethijg about it.

Now barrows gloves areny really awesome, you a php pure already has an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE in php ocet other players. You see the point?

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Amitoz
  • RSN2:Energytheory

Unfortunately some topics like that do get locked from time to time with the reason being it's discussing cheaters/bots. I once had a topic explaining I was doing my black dragon slayer task and I decided to kill the baby black dragons instead. So I went to the chaos tunnels to kill them. I couldn't believe how many green dragon bots there were, so I made a topic asking why there were so many bots there, or were they just all coincidentally wearing the same gear and not talking?

Sadly the topic was locked and it was apparently 'discussing bots' when in fact 'discussing bots' would be asking/discussing how a bot works, which I was not. I was asking why there were so many bots at an area, which is completely different.

Threads are unfairly locked from time to time, and it is sad that there are a few lock-happy mods, but there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately :(

To the topic. I do think all this stat-resetting business is encouraging legitimate players to cheat, as it may be considered 'cool' to be a low level with hard to get items. I too, wish Jagex would give harsher punishment to those who decide to cheat, but it is their game in the end, and only we can give them our opinion. The ball is in their court :)

I recently went on the RSOF, and over 40% of the threads on the front page of Rants (don't ask why I was there :oops:) were hidden.

I realise there are hormonal teenagers, but locking simply for saying "stupid idiot" is a bit over-cencorous.. don'tcha think?

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Silmandra
[ Display Name History ]

Silmandra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
I found a unlocked topic about it with 20 pages.
QFC 14-15-682-61995827

Bots have such a unfair advantage it annoys me...
Jagex wants money. That's all.

If they wouldn't block those topics, raof would be 50 prigs of rants. I bet.

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
bots don't have an unfair advantage. they have less fun than humans do.

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Not to mention they work long shifts. :wall:

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Silmandra
[ Display Name History ]

Silmandra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
They do. You can have several items at a lower level then others do. Please don't say they dont it's a obvious lie.

If you die with a fire cape u can't get it back ad s lvl8. But barrows gloves:

Normal player has gloves at 43 def.
Bots can have at 10 def.

It's bought from a shop so even if u die so u have an infinite supply.

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
That flew right over your head didn't it.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

Actually...they do in some cases now...like the people who had their defense reset, but still have turmoil and barrows gloves.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts
If you can't beat them, join them :thumbup:
These constant threads about bots are really getting tiring..

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,497 posts

I took this approach to the arguement on this board in the past, you will make a lot of people hate you when you say bots arent the bad guys (although not the good guys either), Jagex's failure game is the real problem.

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

I took this approach to the arguement on this board in the past, you will make a lot of people hate you when you say bots arent the bad guys (although not the good guys either), Jagex's failure game is the real problem.

It just makes me think.. All the things they do to get rid of them.. annoying random events, unfair bans, and removing old wilderness, removing staking... removing free trade... all for the removal of bots yet they're still here. and now they embrace them.

Shucks, now that is quite a fail; and a slap to the face. :oops:

Saxon
[ Display Name History ]

Saxon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts

It just makes me think.. All the things they do to get rid of them.. annoying random events, unfair bans, and removing old wilderness, removing staking... removing free trade... all for the removal of bots yet they're still here. and now they embrace them.

Shucks, now that is quite a fail; and a slap to the face. :oops:

Give bots their own servers.
Reported for botting and proved guilty? Let them only play in a few dedicated servers. Jagex gets their money and the bots don't annoy the average players.

+ Saxon is right :P

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with Jagex making money from botters paying membership. It's clear that the number of bots is negligible compared to the number of people that actually play legitimately and Jagex recently canned Mechscape at a cost of £10m. They are a very successful business and certainly aren't scrounging for pennies. They don't need the membership from botters.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RSN:xpx

It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with Jagex making money from botters paying membership. It's clear that the number of bots is negligible compared to the number of people that actually play legitimately and Jagex recently canned Mechscape at a cost of £10m. They are a very successful business and certainly aren't scrounging for pennies. They don't need the membership from botters.

So, what's your mod name? Mod Gullible?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
Mod Opinion_based_on _facts_not_heresay_and_rumor

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users