The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Once you get the whirlwind sprint shout traveling becomes so much easier and faster, and you can also use it to get to places you couldn't normally and cross gaps. So useful. You get it in the main story so you cant miss it.

Games seems really good, I have to say, best looking water i've ever seen in any game. Though I have loading issues sometimes. Did manage to get any enemy stuck though. The first mages guild boss if you're wondering, I took a screen shot.

Also in the Trailer the shout sounds like Fus roh dah. But when you actually get that shout in the game, it's obvious that it starts with voosh.

I don't think I could give the series justice, but I say check out all the videos on their site. http://www.elderscrolls.com/

I just got back from picking a copy up from Best Buy just now. About to pop it into my PS3 in a little bit. :thumbup:

I bought it. For $60, I hope it's worth it :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Only think I hate about the game is to god damn spiders... I wish I could turn them off, but I'll manage.

Game of the year for sure :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I've really enjoyed it so far. Can see myself sinking a ton of hours into this.

Playing as a woodelf and doing some missions for the mage college at the minute.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Only think I hate about the game is to god damn spiders... I wish I could turn them off, but I'll manage.

There's already a mod for that, if the Skyrim Nexus is to be believed.

I got the PS3 verson... :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I got the PS3 verson... :mellow:

In that case, I feel your pain :sad:

I was able to get by the room with 4 spiders... then I ran into the giant one on the Golden Claw quest. I...I think I can do this. When ever I see one I have to literally have to stop the game and take a few deep breaths. It's sad but it;s what I have to do... :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I was able to get by the room with 4 spiders... then I ran into the giant one on the Golden Claw quest. I...I think I can do this. When ever I see one I have to literally have to stop the game and take a few deep breaths. It's sad but it;s what I have to do... :unsure:

I had a similar problem with skinned hounds in Oblivion. Does Skyrim have night-eye the same way Oblivion did? The color change helped.

Playing as a Nord, joined the rebellion :thumbup:. Made the mistake of attacking a giant for lulz. Saved just as it started running toward me, died, reloaded, died one second in, reloaded, sprinted past barely and ran away back toward White...whatever the name is (the city where you join the Companions), and hid under a bridge. Unfortunately, when I started running, a second giant appeared. I was scared lol. Hid under the bridge, which was short enough that they couldn't get me, and just filled them with arrows.

Also, the first village I went to after escaping the jail, not even two steps in, I kill a chicken (HEY! THAT WAS A VALUABLE ANIMAL!) and the entire town wants to kill me. Laughed pretty hard at that.

Note to self: Don't get close to a mammoth. The entire herd will mess you up.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

So an update of my exploits. I have slain my third non-story related dragon. One I caught off guard fighting a mammoth, one was fighting random hunters, and the third one was a rematch with my first one actually, which I kicked his ass this time. I'm finding the best dragon slaying tool you have is the fully powered Fus Dah Roh shout, as it will stun the dragon and keep him on the ground for awhile.

Also the word is spelled Fus in the game but your character (atleast mine) Makes a clear "V" sound to start the shout.

I've started carrying all the enchanted weapons I can back with me so I can get their enchantments for later. Goblins are annoying in this game, they are really strong and usually use lightning or ice magic, making them hard to fight. They also formed a circle of 4 of them around me, trapping me in a corner and I couldn't escape while they were able to constantly drain my magic and kill me with close range weapons. [bleep] goblins. I had to sneak around them and stealth kill them one by one, with magic. In case you don't know, magic is rather loud and hard to stealth kill with. Eventually with a combination of sneaking, stealth kills, and shouts, I made it past the goblins. I think i'm nearing the end of the main storyline, that's basically all i've been doing. Also I found that wall.

Spent about the last 2hrs walking around the map finding random little places for fast travel. It sucked, but I know it was well worth it in the long run. I'm also finding that any mage that uses a fire spell will destroy me in less then 5 seconds, it's not even funny.

tFtfA.jpg

Spent about the last 2hrs walking around the map finding random little places for fast travel. It sucked, but I know it was well worth it in the long run. I'm also finding that any mage that uses a fire spell will destroy me in less then 5 seconds, it's not even funny.

Which race did you choose? If you chose High Elf that'd do it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Who have you guys joined? The legion or the rebellion?

Is this determined by who you go with in the tutorial mission when the dragon attacks? I didn't really know what was going on at that point so I went with the guard, would rather be part of the rebellion though. :/

I was right, I was very close to the end of the story. Skyrim's main story in now done. That said there's still lots of stuff for me to do. Do the mages guild quests, join a side for the war, play as melee and range. Dungeon dive, learn words of power, dragon hunt, and kill whatever I want.

I'll be playing more tomorrow.

Who have you guys joined? The legion or the rebellion?

Is this determined by who you go with in the tutorial mission when the dragon attacks? I didn't really know what was going on at that point so I went with the guard, would rather be part of the rebellion though. :/

Nope, it isn't determined by whoever you went with I think, you can join either of them!

Imperial legion sign up is in Solitude and the Stormcloak sign up is in Windhelm.

I'm playing as a Dark elf thief; pretty good fun! Found out it's easy to raise your sneak in the thieves guild pub...called the "*something* Flagon", from the entrance from the ratways, you turn to the left and go towards the sewer pipe where the water us flowing into, just keep walking into that- you appear as hidden and there are about 6 people standing fairly close to you!

The fire resistance from the dark elves is heavenly while fighting Dragons! Though 2 of the 4 dragons I've encountered outside of the main quest were Ice Dragons so weren't as easy :P

Just trying to figure out how to get rich now...AND! be wary if you're in the Dark Brotherhood, they can send you on missions to kill people that are from other quest-lines! (Was warned bout this myself)

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

This game is a straight up bible like I expected, already clocked in 13 hours. Anyone doing that quest you get from reading a book? You need to collect 3 amulet pieces, there's this one place named Saarthal Excavation and it requires a key, but I have no idea where to get this, anyone know?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png