Fake kit for new hitsplats

WolfieMario

Pretty much a day or two after the hitsplat change came out, I decided to start working on a new kit so they're still possible to fake. That involved a lot of screenshotting and experimenting. Now, if the stuff here looks like the stuff you see in RuneWiki's Hitsplat article, it's because I put it there :P (well, they had a few splats before I came along, but some were flawed - one guy thought that the healing splat is just a purple recolor of the damage splat :rolleyes:. Also, none of their splats had any shadows). Anyways, here's the kit:

hitsplatkitv2.png

Yeah, it covers a lot :blink:. If that's too much to be of use to some of you, feel free to use the condensed version:

hitsplatkitv2condensed.png

But if you get confused with anything, please refer to the "Notes on Alignment and Making Splats" section of the large kit - it covers virtually everything. Also, you may look at "Miscellaneous Sample Hitsplats" and think "hey, some of these look wrong", but I actually compared them to many hits ingame - the horizontal alignment rules aren't really as simple as I make it seem in the notes section, but I didn't want to make the notes even longer.

Note that in order to use this kit correctly, you have to rightclick -> Save Image As... the kit (copy/paste will make the transparency become solid black if you're using Firefox), and you have to use a graphical editor that can use transparency (otherwise you can't fake the transparent shadows around the splats correctly).

Anyways, the font I refer to in the kit for maxed hits can be downloaded here, and its FontStruct page is here.

I thought now would be as good a time as any to introduce my contest to Tip.It. See, I have this sort of contest within many of the RS-related things I do, where I hide certain Easter Eggs and references in my works, or let people guess as to how I made something. The contest has rules, rewards, and and an organized scoresheet (which is driven primarily by a lot of carefully planned spreadsheet code, so most of it is automated, severely reducing the risk of any error), so it's not just something lame I whipped up in 10 minutes :razz:

You can go here for pretty much all the info you may need about my contest, but really, you don't need to see anything there to start playing. The rules are pretty straightforward, so you don't even need to know those to start playing - just keep in mind you only get points if you're the first to answer a question, and that means first. If someone answers the question first on a different forum (currently the only other forum that knows about this contest is Sal's, where I started it), they get the points. Anyways, the contest for this fake kit only has one question (my fakes usually get several questions):

[9 Finds] In the large kit, under the Miscellaneous Sample Hitsplats section, I have made several extra (normal damage) hitsplats with specific numbers. The numbers are 1337, 2550, 3260, 6500, 9001, 10000, 20000, 32767, and 65535. Each is a reference to something - but what? 1₧ for figuring out what 1337 or 9001 refer to, 2 for figuring out what 20000 or 10000 are references to, 3 for figuring out what 32767 or 65535 reference [8 (simultaneous) incorrect guesses. Please don't copy/paste from Wikipedia!], and 4 for figuring out what 3260 or 6500 reference. 2550 can actually reference at least 4 different things - if you get just one, I give you 2, but for each extra one you get, I give you another 3bonus (up to 3 extra references, so up to 9₧ bonus overall - but if you can think of more than 4 references, still post them all, but no more that 8! It'd be kinda unfair if you guessed every possibility under the sun :P. You won't get credit for any more than 4 references, but it's best to be safe in case some are wrong) [3 incorrect guesses]. 22 (+9)

Found:

• 1337 and 9001 have been found by Guitarguy (Sal's Realm): "leet" in leetspeak, and the meme

• 32767 and 65535 have been found by Den (Tip.It): 32767 is the maximum value of a signed short integer (aka halfword), while 65535 is the max for an unsigned short integer.
  • 2550 and 20000 have been found by Herty (Sal's Realm): Herty found that 2550 could be a reference to the max limit of an 8-bit byte (octet), multiplied by ten (because of the lifepoints update). The other two references I had in mind for this one were the Kalphite Queen's max lifepoints (in both forms), and the max lifepoints of a player after touching the Stone of Jas during While Guthix Sleeps. Unfortunately, we both thought Jad has a max lifepoints of 2550, but a Tip.Iter and a video of Jad's Monster Examine proved us wrong - apparently it's 2500. Herty also found that the max lifepoints of the Corporeal Beast is 20000.
  • 10000, 3260, and 6500 have been found by iAntilopi (Sal's Realm): 10000 is the max lifepoints of Nomad, as well as his three Avatars, 3260 is the max lifepoints of a tormented demon, and 6500 is (according to RuneWiki) the max lifepoints of the Pest Queen.

Screenshot%20Secret%20Scores.png

Here is a key for the above scoresheet.

Press Ctrl+F5 to refresh it!

The contest for this kit is over!

However, if you want to participate in this contest for some of my other fakes and stuff, you can click here - there's still a few open questions. Feel free to post your answers to them right on this topic :P

Edited by WolfieMario

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

That's a lot of hitsplats! :o

Nice work though, the kits look very detailed and will probably help a lot of fakers save some time.

I like some of your max hit splats. |^_^| 1337 & 9001 ftw

Wow, thats really good :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

That's a lot of hitsplats! :o

Nice work though, the kits look very detailed and will probably help a lot of fakers save some time.

I like some of your max hit splats. |^_^| 1337 & 9001 ftw

I thought the "Fail" and "Die" ones were funny as well.

That must've taken a lot of hard work. Great job! :)

Thanks guys, glad you like them :grin:. Yeah, I was trying to think of some interesting things to put so I fill up the Miscellaneous Hitsplats box - in addition to those 4 I did for fun, some of the seemingly random numbers are the max lifepoints of various monsters/bosses :razz:

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Just one word: awesome.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I've decided to extend my "contest" to Tip.It. It's a simple contest where you look for Easter Eggs, try to figure out references, and guess how I made things in my various RS-related works. I've added the details to the end of the first post :P

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

The "32767 or 65535 reference" is integral data types for signed and unsigned halfwords isn't it? Haven't had much Computer Science. :P

Correct! :) +6₧ (err, it's "integer" data type though :P Integrals are what make my math homework take so long :-?)

Oh Wolfie, you did it again! :)

My name on Sals is Ewout, if you didn't recognize my avatar btw :P

Yeah, I recognize both your avatar and your rsn :P

EDIT: There's only 3 references left! :o

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

Now im confused.

550 and 20000 have been found by Herty (Sal's Realm): Herty found that 2550 could be a reference to the max limit of an 8-bit byte (octet), multiplied by ten (because of the lifepoints update), and that it equals Tz-Tok Jad's max lifepoints

Tipit tells us that Jads Hitpoints are 2500

General Graardor on the other hand does have 2550 hp

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Now im confused.

550 and 20000 have been found by Herty (Sal's Realm): Herty found that 2550 could be a reference to the max limit of an 8-bit byte (octet), multiplied by ten (because of the lifepoints update), and that it equals Tz-Tok Jad's max lifepoints

Tipit tells us that Jads Hitpoints are 2500

General Graardor on the other hand does have 2550 hp

Crap. What's odd is that Runewiki says 2550, which makes sense, because:

Due to the logic of the levels of the monsters in the fight cave (combat levels, max hits and LP double every time), TzTok-Jad should have 3200LP (Ket-Zek has 1600LP). But because the hitpoint limit was 255 (2550) when TzTok-Jad was introduced, he could not have 3200LP. Therefore his combat level is not 720 (double of Ket-Zek, 360), but only 702.

But both Tip.It and Zybez say it's 2500. Also, RuneHQ says it's 3120, but that's obviously not right... But my friend found an old vid where Jad got stat-spied and had 250hp, so I guess you're right then. I guess that means Herty loses 3 points :mellow:

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

About the contest - you guys are allowed to use sites like Tip.It's database or RuneWiki to help figure out the significance of 3260, 6500, and 10000. They're all monster max lifepoints :P

Although I have noticed yet another discrepancy between the two sites' max lifepoint records - in this case, I'll be accepting the RuneWiki answer, because Tip.It's guess seems too large, and because Tip.It says there's no monster with that max lp anyways :unsure:

Have you thought of getting a job as an animator or something related?

I have, but I'm probably going to get a job as a programmer anyhow - I'm going to be majoring in Computer Science.

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

Okay, the contest for this kit has ended, as all questions have been answered! However, if anyone's still interested, there are 9 open questions for other fakes/vids of mine here.

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png