Smithing is ridiculous

Miner_Guy

If you're finding the sheer numbers of your goal to be intimidating, you should consider using smaller steps to get to your goal. 19k mith ores is a hell of a lot, I agree, but instead of getting to 70 in one massive push, you could try giving yourself smaller sub-tasks that are easier to handle.

I feel your pain, as a fellow smither with a lofty goal (am currently going for 85 smith and I started at 70-something with Addy...I'm now at 81 for the record). The easiest way I found to get there was to take it a little bit at a time. Instead of getting all the 10+k ores and tons of coal to grind it out, I attacked it with smaller objectives like finishing a set of 100 bars, selling the product and reinvesting the returns into more coal/ores for the next 100 bars. It's not significantly slower than grinding out thousands of bars at once, and it will save you a bit of money since you're investing smaller amounts of capital per step. You could try that for a while and see if it works for you. It won't make things cheaper in the long run, but it could make getting to 70 a little easier to deal with.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

If you're finding the sheer numbers of your goal to be intimidating, you should consider using smaller steps to get to your goal. 19k mith ores is a hell of a lot, I agree, but instead of getting to 70 in one massive push, you could try giving yourself smaller sub-tasks that are easier to handle.

I feel your pain, as a fellow smither with a lofty goal (am currently going for 85 smith and I started at 70-something with Addy...I'm now at 81 for the record). The easiest way I found to get there was to take it a little bit at a time. Instead of getting all the 10+k ores and tons of coal to grind it out, I attacked it with smaller objectives like finishing a set of 100 bars, selling the product and reinvesting the returns into more coal/ores for the next 100 bars. It's not significantly slower than grinding out thousands of bars at once, and it will save you a bit of money since you're investing smaller amounts of capital per step. You could try that for a while and see if it works for you. It won't make things cheaper in the long run, but it could make getting to 70 a little easier to deal with.

Thanks for the suggestion, but just bought 13k coal for 3mill, will then mine 6k iron plus 2k coal but instead of doing it in one i will take breaks probs after mining 2k ores and do something else like dg or woodcutting or fog. Then go back when it comes to smelting i will do same thing. Then i will smith them into bodies and alch them for 1.5 mil. Do high alch prices stay the same or do they change on the basis of the g.e?

SUPER.gif

Alch prices never change, unless Jagex decided to change it themselves (which I never heard of, personally).

And yeah, try avoiding looking at the big picture. Looking at the big chunk of xp you need for 54-70 will likely be discouraging, just take it a level at a time. Or, since you're mining it, just mine 1-2k at a time (whatever number you feel comfortable with), do something else, and return to it. I'll probably end up just doing all my bars at once, though >.<

Perfect example for me: I want 99 farming badly, but looking at the 10 mill xp I need (nevermind the cash) always discourages me from actually buying the tree seeds needed to do it. So, I'll probably sit at 84 farming till I actually get off my lazy ass and do it :P

Well, good luck with your mining and smithing. Moreso with the mining, I personally dislike it considerably most of the time >.<

Also, if I were considering superheat for anything, I'd be buying the ore. I avoid mining whenever possible, unless for whatever (insane) reason I want to grind it to get it up another level or two. In which case I'd dropmine granite or something.

Link_Olaran.png

Link is exactly right with the iron platebodies comment.

OP would be best off smithing iron bars -> plates and then playing some GOP and buying water tallies while using his cash pile to flip merch and do his F2P dailies/shop runs to recoup his losses.

Superheating is also a viable method if he wants magic exp, but he's made it completely clear in his rambling, incoherent rant that he does not have the abilities to perform basic mathematic operations, or comprehend simple shapes and objects called letters which are screaming out to him that he is acting like an arrogant fool and would be best off just not posting at all if he's not going to take the slightest measures to rectify his position.

I know it's Rants, but come on...

Lol bit harsh.. considering you have never met me, found that i should recoup 1.5 mill from alching steel platebodies, which leaves me with a 1.7mill loss which i dont particuarly mind now. But seriously people syaing superheat, how do you mine 19k of mith? I would find that so boring, how do you do it?

they aren't mining it.......

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Link is exactly right with the iron platebodies comment.

OP would be best off smithing iron bars -> plates and then playing some GOP and buying water tallies while using his cash pile to flip merch and do his F2P dailies/shop runs to recoup his losses.

Superheating is also a viable method if he wants magic exp, but he's made it completely clear in his rambling, incoherent rant that he does not have the abilities to perform basic mathematic operations, or comprehend simple shapes and objects called letters which are screaming out to him that he is acting like an arrogant fool and would be best off just not posting at all if he's not going to take the slightest measures to rectify his position.

I know it's Rants, but come on...

Lol bit harsh.. considering you have never met me, found that i should recoup 1.5 mill from alching steel platebodies, which leaves me with a 1.7mill loss which i dont particuarly mind now. But seriously people syaing superheat, how do you mine 19k of mith? I would find that so boring, how do you do it?

It ever occurred to you that BUYING the mith is the best option?

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Has anybody taken the time to point out that superheating is almost always faster than using a furnace to smelt ores? Perhaps OP is ignoring superheat as an option because they think the nature runes are just an unnecessary overhead that don't significantly increase the xp/hr...

Bartuccio3.png

Has anybody taken the time to point out that superheating is almost always faster than using a furnace to smelt ores? Perhaps OP is ignoring superheat as an option because they think the nature runes are just an unnecessary overhead that don't significantly increase the xp/hr...

That is exactly what's going on.

Actually, superheating mithril or steel bars and selling isn't a bad deal.

Just don't let them tell them that it has anything to do with efficiency.

Or you'll end up getting more [developmentally delayed]ed advice like this from the clowns.

Edited by Racheya
Removed references to deleted posts

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Aww how sweet.

Fact is, not everyone can make 3m/hr consistently. And I especially doubt OP can.

He CAN, however, make some amount of money consistently. He then uses that figure to calculate efficiency values for smithing mithril bars/iron plates.

He's f2p right? Best moneymaker is probably GOP, and you have to play that with idiots. It's what, like 200k/hr? It'll probably get more frustrating than mining some coal or mith by himself.

Staurolite.png

Aww how sweet.

Fact is, not everyone can make 3m/hr consistently. And I especially doubt OP can.

He CAN, however, make some amount of money consistently. He then uses that figure to calculate efficiency values for smithing mithril bars/iron plates.

He's f2p right? Best moneymaker is probably GOP, and you have to play that with idiots. It's what, like 200k/hr? It'll probably get more frustrating than mining some coal or mith by himself.

Out of curiosity, is that gop method using tokens to buy earth talismans? and the 200k/hr is that 50/50 or normal games because are you sure with that fact, its hard to win games in gop and you are with idiots and 200k per hr for f2p does seem like alot

SUPER.gif

And I promise you that you will rip your hair out after two games.

UNLESS you're some kind of prodigy at GOP, you'd be winning around 50 percent of the time, and you'd have to deal with "OMFG STOP MESSING UP", "we only lost becuz of u", etc. It is MUCH MORE stressful than mining mith/coal in the mining guild.

Also, 50 percent win rate will not get you 200k/hr, more like 100k I think.

Staurolite.png

I can't wait until you decide to train prayer :thumbup:

Lol'd in real life.

me too

smithin is expensive in F2p, best way is superheating, believe me. Is u have some cash try superheat just iron ores, decent smithing exp and great mage exp, dont cost so much.

hybridwinner.png

friendlyrunner.png

74519794.png

IMG.png

1024345760c9a10adabb996d3a25c754381ee4e6.gif

omg you dont seem to understand, superheating isnt best exp in smithing, smithing plate bodies is, so can you stop going going on about superheating when it isnt best exp, trust me im f2p and i have done it. Also can you ssh with the go p2p because im not and will not in the forseeable future, its just annoying when people say go mem. It is actually quite expensive

Quit moaning about cost if you don't want cheaper suggestions.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

omg you dont seem to understand, superheating isnt best exp in smithing, smithing plate bodies is, so can you stop going going on about superheating when it isnt best exp, trust me im f2p and i have done it. Also can you ssh with the go p2p because im not and will not in the forseeable future, its just annoying when people say go mem. It is actually quite expensive

Quit moaning about cost if you don't want cheaper suggestions.

If you read later on you would of realised i had stop the rant, i realised it wasnt as bad as it first seemed, i moved on and was talking about something else

SUPER.gif

I've deleted some of the stupid spamming and troll posts in this thread but I suggest that if you want advice, you go to the Help & Advice forum rather than rants. I can't guarantee you won't get people telling you, quite wrongly, to get members and such - but you may get some more help than from here.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].