What can't you wait to do in the new Golden Age of Runescape?

Normalize

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I like the way it is now. This may sound a little self centred, but there's no major inflation of items that affect me, and I have a sense of safety in the Wilderness, as revenant can never be as tactical as a human. The Grand Exchange maked getting items more convenient, and has centralised trading altogether, and without pkers, Jagex was able to make content for high levelled player, within the wilderness, and not take into consideration the potential of being killed by a player.

As players are getting better and more tactical, the re-releaseof the wilderness will make it a heavy combat, noob ridden, lure susceptible hell hole of rants. People will once again be used to being called noob when they kill someone, and people will get used to the fact that immature kids, who heavily rely on the internet for entertainment, will come back to Runescape, ruining the relatively mature community we try to upkeep today.

The re-release of free trade will cause heavy inflation with items. Rare items may be sold for prices higher than ever seen before, and it will become harder to find relatively useless items at a reasonable price. Since the common thread between players is that we all attempt to make profit, players will be forced to sell things at higher prices. Remember the days when law runes were 1k each? That'll be back.

The only way to find these re-releases reasonable, is if you have the ability to be self sufficient, and acquire the items that may not be available to you through barter, and, be at a high level with tactical thinking. These skills are not what most players posess, and therefore, this should not appeal to the community. But for some reason, 90% of player believe that the re-release would be a great idea. Most just voting 'Yes', without a thought to the future of Runescape. [/opinion]

Wew, I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now, time to continue questing and trying to keep from the Wilderness when the update comes, unless absolutely necessary.

Nice cheap shots. Making yourself sound highly intelligent while also making others sound like a [developmentally delayed].

Now since we who voted yes obviously does not know how to think, can you tell me why the re-release of free trade will bring inflation? Do you know what inflation is? Do you know why law runes will never be 1k each again?

"People will once again be used to being called noob when they kill someone, and people will get used to the fact that immature kids, who heavily rely on the internet for entertainment, will come back to Runescape, ruining the relatively mature community we try to upkeep today."

Everyone here on this forum relies on the internet for entertainment, so I guess we're all "immature"? If you play RuneScape, then it is for entertainment, because it is a GAME. Games are for entertainment. Does that mean you're immature? Also, the "mature community" we have today? Haha, you sound like Runescape is a Utopia.

Staurolite.png

Personally, I like the way it is now. This may sound a little self centred, but there's no major inflation of items that affect me, and I have a sense of safety in the Wilderness, as revenant can never be as tactical as a human. The Grand Exchange maked getting items more convenient, and has centralised trading altogether, and without pkers, Jagex was able to make content for high levelled player, within the wilderness, and not take into consideration the potential of being killed by a player.

As players are getting better and more tactical, the re-releaseof the wilderness will make it a heavy combat, noob ridden, lure susceptible hell hole of rants. People will once again be used to being called noob when they kill someone, and people will get used to the fact that immature kids, who heavily rely on the internet for entertainment, will come back to Runescape, ruining the relatively mature community we try to upkeep today.

The re-release of free trade will cause heavy inflation with items. Rare items may be sold for prices higher than ever seen before, and it will become harder to find relatively useless items at a reasonable price. Since the common thread between players is that we all attempt to make profit, players will be forced to sell things at higher prices. Remember the days when law runes were 1k each? That'll be back.

The only way to find these re-releases reasonable, is if you have the ability to be self sufficient, and acquire the items that may not be available to you through barter, and, be at a high level with tactical thinking. These skills are not what most players posess, and therefore, this should not appeal to the community. But for some reason, 90% of player believe that the re-release would be a great idea. Most just voting 'Yes', without a thought to the future of Runescape. [/opinion]

Wew, I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now, time to continue questing and trying to keep from the Wilderness when the update comes, unless absolutely necessary.

Nice cheap shots. Making yourself sound highly intelligent while also making others sound like a [developmentally delayed].

Now since we who voted yes obviously does not know how to think, can you tell me why the re-release of free trade will bring inflation? Do you know what inflation is? Do you know why law runes will never be 1k each again?

"People will once again be used to being called noob when they kill someone, and people will get used to the fact that immature kids, who heavily rely on the internet for entertainment, will come back to Runescape, ruining the relatively mature community we try to upkeep today."

Everyone here on this forum relies on the internet for entertainment, so I guess we're all "immature"? If you play RuneScape, then it is for entertainment, because it is a GAME. Games are for entertainment. Does that mean you're immature? Also, the "mature community" we have today? Haha, you sound like Runescape is a Utopia.

Well, would the re-release improve those aspects of the game in any way? No, they would simply worsen them. By the way, the remotely mature community I stated was a simple comparison between pre-2007 and now. Compared to then, we have a community of players that seem to have grown in maturity, as the players who ruined it for us were pkers. I understand that this was not the case for all players, but it was substantial enough to have an effect on the community.

We all hove our opinions on the matter, and nothing you say will change that. Although you've pointed out the (major) flaws in my post, your opinion is your own, and so is mine. Here's to hoping that this argument ends here and now.

We all hove our opinions on the matter, and nothing you say will change that. Although you've pointed out the (major) flaws in my post, your opinion is your own, and so is mine. Here's to hoping that this argument ends here and now.

Posted Image

Saying it will cause even more inflation isn't an opinion.

yes.png

Can't wait to pk some skillers and make them rage. I just hope I come across guys like Dragonlordjl :thumbup:

You all say pkers are arrogant [wagons].

When I see a skiller I see a botter.

When I see a rich person I see a person in a manipulation clan.

When I see a PvMer I see crash units.

Why is old pking better? People actually risked. Theres no silly things as using rune/mystics and getting ancient staff or vls. You used max gear to pk max gear. Clan wars gets crashed less often because of the amount of worlds you can hop to. Reputable pkers actually got to know one another instead of messing around in edge getting "76ks" from rune fights. People who wanted the benefits from wild worked for them. I worked so that I won't get killed by rc pkers. I worked to go get the best mage cape in the game. I worked on getting every single clue scroll done instead of getting it handed to me like I was an infant.

You all say I'm idiotic and arrogant. Take a look in the mirror before you judge anyone.

+1

Why is old pking better? People actually risked. Theres no silly things as using rune/mystics and getting ancient staff or vls. You used max gear to pk max gear. Clan wars gets crashed less often because of the amount of worlds you can hop to. Reputable pkers actually got to know one another instead of messing around in edge getting "76ks" from rune fights. People who wanted the benefits from wild worked for them. I worked so that I won't get killed by rc pkers. I worked to go get the best mage cape in the game. I worked on getting every single clue scroll done instead of getting it handed to me like I was an infant.

You all say I'm idiotic and arrogant. Take a look in the mirror before you judge anyone.

This, and also in Old PKing, these absurdly powerful spec weapons didn't exist. AGS existed, but it was too expensive at the time to see any kind of regular use.

td2sig.jpg

This, and also in Old PKing, these absurdly powerful spec weapons didn't exist. AGS existed, but it was too expensive at the time to see any kind of regular use.

I stopped playing slightly before the 07 wild was removed, but I'm pretty sure the AGS never existed in the old wild.

I cant wait to see what will happen to the player community. Maybe the average scaper will again turn into a fun-loving gamer instead of a gamer who walks around with a stick up his butt, trying to prove that he can out-grind other players.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I cant wait to see what will happen to the player community. Maybe the average scaper will again turn into a fun-loving gamer instead of a gamer who walks around with a stick up his butt, trying to prove that he can out-grind other players.

Too far gone for that to reverse.

I can't wait to play someone to alch and drop my granite for me while I powermine. Or even drop fish while I barbarian fish.

I'm sure some alchers wouldn't mind making 200k/h while they alch. :thumbsup:

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

id rather get some proper loot than seers ring for killing guy for ahrims arcane so im happy to see the old wildy come back

gimmeurbike.png

and for people saying they are getting rc pked. Rc pkers were usually smart as modernday revenants aka free stuff

heres some of the "scary rc pkers" from old wild

[hide]

bloodsolja2.png

furkan140.png

matthh0.png

sccdefender.png

shinobiiv.png

shorty92112.png

w4tika.png

zzgandalf.png

01dragon1.png

[/hide]

and for bots returning, they never left they are still here just in diff places

bros.png

rcbots.png

Nukearcher.gif

Ranged 101/99, Str 105/99, Att 105/99, Hp 106/99, Def 100/70, Magic 102/99

Funny you think free trade would cause inflation, when the PVP worlds and the GE were pretty inflationary. Does anyone remember how PVP worlds first caused Deflation because it was adding items into the economy ( Dragon Full Helm fell from 40m to 13m!), and then Inflation when Jagex substituted item drops with Statuettes? Not to mention the 76k trick... And also, Free trade would finally kill Merch Clans. The current system distorts prices more than anything. 1k Laws example is also bad, if anything getting runes would be EASIER, because the old Runecrafting would come back with free trade. All you need is 26 pure ess's and you'll be able to get all the Law Runes you want.

Prices surely will raise for a while when Wildy is back, but the raise won't last for long, things will eventually stabilize. The High leveled content will be moved from the Wilderness. I don't see any reason for why it has to be there, and if you think it does, than be ready to face risk.

And FFS half of your argument relies on stereotyping PKers. I'll admit PKers aren't the most polite group ever, but the "Community" isn't much better than what it was back in 2006 when i first started playing, and building your whole argument based on stereotypes sounds immature to me. If anything the number of kids has only increased in the last years.

As for the PKers trolling here and the Skillers getting mad, CALM DOWN PEOPLE. You're just being trolled. This IS the internet afterall. Again, you people are stereotyping all PKers based on a single troll on TIF forums. IT'S A TROLL. Getting worked up over something so small and stereotyping millions of players over it isn't exactly a sign of the "Maturity"you people like to use like an argument.

Truth is: The Wilderness is supposed to be DANGEROUS. It always was. The Revenants are a pathetic joke, and only pose a real danger in f2p. Lurers are indeed morons, but we have the freaking Wildy Wall for that (though it is unnecessary and caused trouble, IMO. Before it was added we still had a pop-up warning before the Wildy entrance and it worked fine for anyone with a brain).

You can call PKers that target skillers and people doing TT "Bullies morons immature kids etc etc", and several of them are that indeed, but in the end: People who enter the Wilderness, regardless of their objective are there to face DANGER and get a REWARD. Green dragons and Clue Scrolls co-existed with PKers for YEARS, and everything always went FINE. Will also be better for you skillers than what it used to be, since green dragons exist in other areas now. If anything Green Drags and Clue Scrolls will be more valued now.

Also, for the joy of the skillers, transformation skills like Smithing can possibly become profitable again whit out their reliance on the GE.

Most of the things you go to the Wildy for today will also be moved, so no problem there.

The ONLY argument against Wildy and Trade that is actually valid is the "RWT and bots would come back" one, but since Jagex believes they can fight them today ( RWT being banned in China, better anti-bot technologies, banks not threatening Jagex anymore, and all that), the argument is still problematic. And curiously, it is the only argument i haven't seen ITT...

I can't wait to transfer my rares from the mule they've been stuck on for the last few years so I can buy 96 herblore and 95 prayer. Then im going to go kill the rc pkers and lulz at them rage quit for not getting their easy kills.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Personally, when Runescape comes back and Ruinescape is no more I can't wait to start staking mils again, luring noobs, pjing ppl, and of course pking. You? :shades:

Ew. It's people like you that make me happy that the wild went away.

"HERP DERP. ONLY GOOD THING IN ROONSKAYPE IS PEEKAYING. EVERYTHING ELSE SUX. LULULULULULUL *Downsyndromicface* "

Meh. I highly doubt the wild itself change much. As far as prices go, armor and weapon prices will shake a lot due to mass multiple panic attacks/buy ups. Other then that, they all should generally fall a bit due to the fact that items you drop as you die in PvP are no longer lost; just transferred.

As for me personally, i hope to train up my zerker a bit and PK myself. I never really PK'ed much before this. As i was too low of a level back in your so called "golden age". And i didn't see much worth in the last 3 years when i didn't know that i was even going to get a worthwhile drop.

I would hardly call it a golden age. The scumbag so-called PK'ers with no respect will rise to the top of the RuneScape community again. Other then that, free trade will have different effects. If these will be good or bad, i have yet to decide.

I can't wait to transfer my rares from the mule they've been stuck on for the last few years so I can buy 96 herblore and 95 prayer. Then im going to go kill the rc pkers and lulz at them rage quit for not getting their easy kills.

If by mule, you mean another account you own, then that is considered multiple logging, and is against the rules. Such rule-breakings are frowned upon on this forum.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

If by mule, you mean another account you own, then that is considered multiple logging, and is against the rules. Such rule-breakings are frowned upon on this forum.

Thanks for the back seat modding.

Ew. It's people like you that make me happy that the wild went away.

"HERP DERP. ONLY GOOD THING IN ROONSKAYPE IS PEEKAYING. EVERYTHING ELSE SUX. LULULULULULUL *Downsyndromicface* "

Some people don't like grinding skills and some people don't like pking. Like taste in music. Shocking, I know.

yes.png