Rise in bone prices?

dragon246665

You guys are lacking basic economic knowledge. There are close substitutes, and the price of Frost Dragon Bones will ultimately effect the price of Dragon Bones. So even if Dragon Bones double, Frost Dragon Bones will still be available and the price of Dragon Bones would have to go down as demand falls.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were tons of botter/rwt'ers in old wild too, nothing will change. What might cause a chance though is old school pkers coming back and wanting turmoil. On the other hand, deflation caused be "no more statuettes" will set in too, so it can go either way IMO.

You guys are lacking basic economic knowledge. There are close substitutes, and the price of Frost Dragon Bones will ultimately effect the price of Dragon Bones. So even if Dragon Bones double, Frost Dragon Bones will still be available and the price of Dragon Bones would have to go down as demand falls.

Right, but they both add to the net supply of prayer exp. Cut out dragon bone botters, which are a huge percentage of prayer exp added to the game, and you affect both frost and dragon bone prices (as well as ourg and dagganoth).

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Right, but they both add to the net supply of prayer exp. Cut out dragon bone botters, which are a huge percentage of prayer exp added to the game, and you affect both frost and dragon bone prices (as well as ourg and dagganoth).

Cut out them and new ones will come.. - Heck if it wouldn't be viable to bot, normal players would go there..

The limitation is not the difficulty to kill X/hour.. It is the limitation on spawn-time/hour. And a lot of bots have to be removed before the kill-time becomes substantional to the spawn time!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Cut out them and new ones will come.. - Heck if it wouldn't be viable to bot, normal players would go there..

The limitation is not the difficulty to kill X/hour.. It is the limitation on spawn-time/hour. And a lot of bots have to be removed before the kill-time becomes substantional to the spawn time!

You think green dragons are going to be packed on every world when they can attack each other? Maybe the chaos tunnels, but the overworld spawns are going to be pretty dead. That times over a hundred worlds is a pretty big supply difference however you cut it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

You think green dragons are going to be packed on every world when they can attack each other? Maybe the chaos tunnels, but the overworld spawns are going to be pretty dead. That times over a hundred worlds is a pretty big supply difference however you cut it.

They were packed before wilderness removal.. The bot owners answer to pkers was: just send more bots with 3/4 items only.

Then they came for me

They were packed before wilderness removal.. The bot owners answer to pkers was: just send more bots with 3/4 items only.

No they weren't. Not like they are now.

No they weren't. Not like they are now.

Actually, they were. I would struggle to find a world where there weren't at least 3 - 4 other people at easts, and that was before the release of clan wars (no easy teleport that is near the dragons).

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Never had that problem with wests or graveyard though. Now graveyard is gone and west is PACKED at all times, PLUS cannons

Cannons is indeed something new.. I believe it wasn't possible to set up a cannon in wilderness previously?

Other than that 3-iteming bots will just return.. Bots have strength in numbers: who cares if 10-20 die? - You'll just make sure there's an extra 40 accounts ready!

Then they came for me

Never had that problem with wests or graveyard though. Now graveyard is gone and west is PACKED at all times, PLUS cannons

Cannons is indeed something new.. I believe it wasn't possible to set up a cannon in wilderness previously?

Other than that 3-iteming bots will just return.. Bots have strength in numbers: who cares if 10-20 die? - You'll just make sure there's an extra 40 accounts ready!

I used to cannon green dragons at the graveyard spot. Using the ancient teleport and glory to edge, using a Crystal bow.

This was about 05 though I think.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I used to cannon green dragons at the graveyard spot. Using the ancient teleport and glory to edge, using a Crystal bow.

This was about 05 though I think.

hmm kk.. well I'm just saying I hardly saw any in wilderness. (though cannonballs were more expensive back then, counting for the hyperinflation over the last few years I say the price has become 4-5 times as low).

BTW: I remember there actually being guides on how to kill green dragon botters here on tipit!

Then they came for me

BTW: I remember there actually being guides on how to kill green dragon botters here on tipit!

yea i remeber that, but it would way out dated by now.

if i remember it basicly said, attack a bot and it will run though the zomies (to distract you) and run to safety.

aka, ice barrage :thumbsup:

green drag rwt bots mostly had rune chain mail on, cheap with no requirements besdies 40 def.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I think the prices of bones will drop, not rise, simply because there were more bots when there was free trade, causing mass amounts of dragon bones (in particular) to come into the market and stabilize at around 2-2.5k each. When free trade was removed as well as many bots because of the removal, the bones rose to about 4-5k each. I think they will definitely drop in my opinion.

2vuhgcn.png

Let's not forget that several bosses will become considerably less profitable, due to the fact that items no long disappear as they did before. Notably GWD, Dagannoth Kings and TD, all are considered one of the top moneymakers nowadays.

There might be a massive rush to Frost dragons due to the crash of these boss-exclusive items. Which might bring the price of FDB down to serve as the new alternative to Dragon bones.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I think the prices of bones will drop, not rise, simply because there were more bots when there was free trade, causing mass amounts of dragon bones (in particular) to come into the market and stabilize at around 2-2.5k each. When free trade was removed as well as many bots because of the removal, the bones rose to about 4-5k each. I think they will definitely drop in my opinion.

I expected you to know better. Go look at chaos tunnels and tell me there are no bots... Go look at the price history of dbones , and tell me they rose to 4-5k each after free trade was removed. I'll garantuee you, you will change your mind.

Let's not forget that several bosses will become considerably less profitable, due to the fact that items no long disappear as they did before. Notably GWD, Dagannoth Kings and TD, all are considered one of the top moneymakers nowadays.

There might be a massive rush to Frost dragons due to the crash of these boss-exclusive items. Which might bring the price of FDB down to serve as the new alternative to Dragon bones.

I'm not buying it- how often are GWD items really lost in PvP? DK rings are already cheap enough that zerker is the main profit, and I doubt a lot of people PK in those either. Claws might be lost enough to make a slight impact, but the influx of new PKers wanting the best spec weapon will almost certainly balance that out.

The main market impact is going to be whips crashing, because that's the only expensive item that regularly leaves the game through PvP. People using the other stuff you mentioned are also going to be safing like crazy and not dying often at all. How often do you see someone in full Bandos and claws doing DMs?

Well, right now those items are crashing because of irrational panic, but in the long run, I think it's obvious they should go down. We are going back to deflation, with the statuettes gone. Nobody remembers 10m BCP's, and 1.3m whip's? I think we can expect those prices again in the long run. Especially with dungeoneering, and more and more people getting chaotics (which takes money out of the game by recharge costs).

Sure, but that's not the argument Unknown was making. Deflation will drop everything equally, including bones, so it's not going to cause people to move from TDs or GWD to frost dragons due to higher profit.

I expected you to know better. Go look at chaos tunnels and tell me there are no bots... Go look at the price history of dbones , and tell me they rose to 4-5k each after free trade was removed. I'll garantuee you, you will change your mind.

I guarantee you I won't change my mind.

2vuhgcn.png

I guarantee you I won't change my mind.

Man selective memory is awesome.

There are FAR more green dragon bots now than ever before.