Has anyone else been lagging lately?

The_Gabe

Lag in world 61 a lot, too. I'll be playing GOP and suddenly, everyone stops moving for 5 seconds, then there is a brief period of time where if you click somewhere, you will move (if you don't, your character stays put), but then everything freezes again. No one freezes long enough to disconnect. Another odd thing is that sometimes our game ends short, but we all still get tokens and we don't get a penalty. It's like the game knows that everyone is lagging and decides to just end the game and given everyone their tokens.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah people have been lagging ever since the game went on the internet lol.

Clearly retired, the whole point is that the game has been disproportionately laggy as of late.

haha, oh well. you could log on to any given computer at any time of day on any given server and the game will still lag whenever it seems fit ;)

*puffs pipe and rocks chair*

Clearly retired, the whole point is that the game has been disproportionately laggy as of late.

haha, oh well. you could log on to any given computer at any time of day on any given server and the game will still lag whenever it seems fit ;)

dis·pro·por·tion·ate/ˌdisprəˈpôrSHəˌnāt/

Adjective: Too large or too small in comparison with something else.

Therefor this thread is about how lately the lag has been disproportional to how it usually is.

Reading, learn it.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Therefor this thread is about how lately the lag has been disproportional to how it usually is.

Reading, learn it.

Stop trolling. World 77 has been lagging me out a lot recently.

Caver - Master of Mining.

Caver.png

Caver.png

Reading, learn it.

Stop trolling. World 77 has been lagging me out a lot recently.

He's not trolling.

I've had a few cases of black screens and disconnects, but all of the worlds that's happened on have been listed. It's a pity, I wanted to start trying out TD's. Oh well, I can wait until it clears up.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I've been having issues with certain worlds when logging in/out (for example, when doing the stew trick). I log out and then try to log back in, it says "You are already logged in... " and then kicks me out of the game to the log-in server. W99 did it almost every single time, but I switched to a different world and didn't have that issue nearly as often.

td2sig.jpg

Yeah, I've been DC'ing a lot actually! Everytime I run places, it takes like 5 minutes to load up the map, never use to take as long :S.

Ah well, hopefully it'll be fixed soon :-)

There has definitely been a change here. The world list used to display a latency of 23-30 on quite a few worlds for me, now the lowest latency it's showing is 55ish. And I've nearly DC'd at TDs like on like every trip I've made.

Not been disconnecting... but I have had random Java applet crashes, meaning the screen goes black and if I hover my mouse over the java icon in taskbar (next to the clock and such) it dissappears, which generally happens when you force close something and the taskbar hasn't reacted.

I guess it counts as a crash, but I can't say i've seen it in any particular worlds, im normally in 99 though.

Yeah, I had a lot of Java crashes recently. I've got like 30 hs_err_pid files in my recycling now...

Do those Error pids mean anything important? I seem to get a them a lot recently.

They appear on my desktop the instant Java crashes so I assume it's just Java's way of telling you something is wrong. It's come to the point where any time my screen lags I minimize the browser to see if another hs_err_pid has popped up :rolleyes:

I had many hs_err_pids too, you should try to change your display mode (options->custom).

I changed from DirectX to Software, I'm not getting any errors anymore now, and it seems to be faster/less lagg :smile:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png