Has anyone else been lagging lately?

The_Gabe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More likely is that the game has gotten so big that it can't handle the stress of all the players and the data both. We all know how cheap Jagex is, so it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if they were using out-dated hardware.

There are a lot more variables on the table than just "lolz Jagex r too cheep" when it comes to upgrading hardware.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

99 used to be my home world, till lag got too bad.

So i changed to 84 but with the popularity of living chasms i am often booted out of that world.

Recently been on 60 which isn't too bad till peng updates then it can get a little laggy.

Any suggestions on a stable world?

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

99 used to be my home world, till lag got too bad.

So i changed to 84 but with the popularity of living chasms i am often booted out of that world.

Recently been on 60 which isn't too bad till peng updates then it can get a little laggy.

Any suggestions on a stable world?

157. 116. 104.

Staurolite.png

Dced during multiple larges on 148 yesterday and today. Sucks, they need to upgreyed those servers.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I used to have this problem very often after about 5pm EST on worlds 117 and 148 while dungeoneering, but that was a few months back. I actually cancelled my members for about a month because of it. I came back a few weeks ago and it seems fine now. I still get a disconnect every once in a while but instead of happening 10-15 times per dung its more like once every 4-5 dungs.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Game crashed for me at Frost Dragons yesterday. I have definitely been noticing more lag and black/white screens that lead to crashes lately.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Not been disconnecting... but I have had random Java applet crashes, meaning the screen goes black and if I hover my mouse over the java icon in taskbar (next to the clock and such) it dissappears, which generally happens when you force close something and the taskbar hasn't reacted.

I guess it counts as a crash, but I can't say i've seen it in any particular worlds, im normally in 99 though.

2v8sgvs.png

Not been disconnecting... but I have had random Java applet crashes, meaning the screen goes black and if I hover my mouse over the java icon in taskbar (next to the clock and such) it dissappears, which generally happens when you force close something and the taskbar hasn't reacted.

I guess it counts as a crash, but I can't say i've seen it in any particular worlds, im normally in 99 though.

Oh, I have blackscreens all the time (and li survived one with 200 hp left at rock lobs) :ohnoes:

114 or any of the canadian servers are always stable

I pretty much only use Canadian servers and this topic was the first thing I have heard about this lag :P 119 and 151 seem to be ok as well.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Yeah, I had a lot of Java crashes recently. I've got like 30 hs_err_pid files in my recycling now...

Oh, I have blackscreens all the time (and li survived one with 200 hp left at rock lobs) :ohnoes:

1 Death at TD's, although I got everything back (bar degraded stuff)

1 Death at Rex, losing my third Guthix mace...

2v8sgvs.png

114 or any of the canadian servers are always stable

I can't say I've experienced much lag. Only time I can think of recently, I was at TD's with a claw drop in my inventory, game froze right as I tried to pick up another (non-claw) drop.

Thankfully, it seemed to have frozen right BEFORE I tried to pick up the drop, so I didn't enter getWTFPWNT by multiple TD zone.

Incidentally, I'm Canadian, and that TD trip is one of the few times I'm not on a Canadian server >.>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yeah, I had a lot of Java crashes recently. I've got like 30 hs_err_pid files in my recycling now...

Do those Error pids mean anything important? I seem to get a them a lot recently.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Do those Error pids mean anything important? I seem to get a them a lot recently.

They appear on my desktop the instant Java crashes so I assume it's just Java's way of telling you something is wrong. It's come to the point where any time my screen lags I minimize the browser to see if another hs_err_pid has popped up :rolleyes:

Yeah people have been lagging ever since the game went on the internet lol.

Clearly retired, the whole point is that the game has been disproportionately laggy as of late.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.