Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Capes of Achievement and Bank Space. Why restrict Capes of Achievement to those who generally have an easier time getting 99s?

Why give F2P items and then nowhere to keep them?

because achivement capes look very cool and have excellent stats, now we all know jagex cant give those f2ps anything that strong

Iv'e said it before, the forums are far too busy as it is already, and currently only about 10% of people that play have access to the forums. There is no pratical way that we could manage the forums if they where F2P.

As a forum moderator, i would probaly not cope, and may be tempted to resign if it happened.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I agree with giving those achievement capes to f2p, since it's almost like twice as hard to achieve 99 in f2p than in p2p.

I also posted on the official RS forums about why free-to-players can't post to forums. They said before f2p forumposting was disabled, there was so much spamming on the forums, that they had to change it only for p2p.

That's for that. -Lobbie ;)

u5zhkTY.gif

i think F2Pers deserve more bank space new robes the robes they have now are pathetic and we also need zezima F2pers need zezima jagex should cancel zezimas subscription cause he been playing for a long time and he isnt even pmod i can see it now zezima walking round geting swarmed and folowed constantly

~king nub~

i think F2Pers deserve more bank space new robes the robes they have now are pathetic and we also need zezima F2pers need zezima jagex should cancel zezimas subscription cause he been playing for a long time and he isnt even pmod i can see it now zezima walking round geting swarmed and folowed constantly

~king nub~

1. no they dont, 2. the zezima thing... how legal do you think that is?
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

I'm sure this is going to annoy the F2Pers, but oh well.

It's simple. You get what you pay for. If you go to a fast food place and order a small meal, and your friend orders a large meal that includes a free cd, would you seriously expect to get the CD as well?

If you bought a DVD and someone else pays extra for the special edition and gets an extra disk of bonus features, would you complain that you didn't get the extra disk?

Of course not. And don't reply complaining 'But that's different!' unless you can give me a very good reason as to why it's different.

Ananke32.png

EDIT

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Forums would be awful! Many F2Per's have no respect for others, and are in general morons. If you are F2P and you're not like that I'm sorry. (There's many people who give us a bad name)

About the bank space. It never seemed like a problem to me, until today when I couldn't put in some more supplies. My bank isn't full of junk either, it's full of items i require for leveling up. We need more bank space more than anything.

Capes of Achievement? Yes! It's way harder on F2P to level up than it is on P2P (I was a member I should know)

P2Per's who don't think F2Per's need these updates, because they don't pay, please be quiet. You are not so high and mighty just because you pay. I for one can't dedicate enough time to be a member, so there's my reason for being F2P

Forums would be awful! Many F2Per's have no respect for others, and are in general morons. If you are F2P and you're not like that I'm sorry. (There's many people who give us a bad name)

About the bank space. It never seemed like a problem to me, until today when I couldn't put in some more supplies. My bank isn't full of junk either, it's full of items i require for leveling up. We need more bank space more than anything.

Capes of Achievement? Yes! It's way harder on F2P to level up than it is on P2P (I was a member I should know)

P2Per's who don't think F2Per's need these updates, because they don't pay, please be quiet. You are not so high and mighty just because you pay. I for one can't dedicate enough time to be a member, so there's my reason for being F2P

You cant call f2pers in general morons in my opinion thats just a moronic thing to say. You cant judge millions of people by the one bad experience you probably had quite a while ago. I happen to be a f2per and i have to tell u it does get boring. First off about the members skill acheivement capes. Personally i think f2p should get better capes this way it wouldnt disturb the p2p npc's. Face it its quite a bit harder to get 99 in a skill in f2p than it is in f2p.

secondly The bank space is a must they cant give us all this stuff from holiday and random events and expect us to have something to do with it if we have no space in our banks.

Thirdly the range armor and weapons and the mage armor we have is pathetic. I mean seriously if you had 99 range in p2p and u were walking around with green dhide for lvl 40s and a bow for lvl 30s ud get called a noob... Alot The situation with mage is even worse a lvl 3 off tutorial island can afford the same mage armor someone with 99 mage could get(at a mere 10 coins).

And another thing i dont support is the forums, it would probably cause a major feud between f2p and p2p. Its also one of the reasons forums like the Tip It forums are doing so well. Sorry i wrote so much lol :anxious:

ill be on my pure mr angry93

The burgerking wants you to rock on!

Trying is the first step towards failure- Homer simpson

You cant call f2pers in general morons in my opinion thats just a moronic thing to say. You cant judge millions of people by the one bad experience you probably had quite a while ago. I happen to be a f2per and i have to tell u it does get boring. First off about the members skill acheivement capes. Personally i think f2p should get better capes this way it wouldnt disturb the p2p npc's. Face it its quite a bit harder to get 99 in a skill in f2p than it is in f2p.

secondly The bank space is a must they cant give us all this stuff from holiday and random events and expect us to have something to do with it if we have no space in our banks.

Thirdly the range armor and weapons and the mage armor we have is pathetic. I mean seriously if you had 99 range in p2p and u were walking around with green dhide for lvl 40s and a bow for lvl 30s ud get called a noob... Alot The situation with mage is even worse a lvl 3 off tutorial island can afford the same mage armor someone with 99 mage could get(at a mere 10 coins).

And another thing i dont support is the forums, it would probably cause a major feud between f2p and p2p. Its also one of the reasons forums like the Tip It forums are doing so well. Sorry i wrote so much lol :anxious:

I agree not all F2P are "morons" and many of those that I have run into are clearly not, including myself, of course. I spend every minute I play with F2P people. And calling F2P in general morons is biased. As for disrespectful, P2P are just as disrespectful towards F2P.

As for F2P getting "better" Capes, I must disagree. Equal Capes, yes, but not better. The bank space is the most needed for sure. The range armor is meant to be worse than that of P2P and at least has a defense requirement of 40, where the mage armor has no real requirements. I agree we shouldn't get forums as that could cause a lot of flame-wars and F2P vs P2P and what-not.

F2P needs a new Magic Armor. Mages above level 17 get ran over in F2P by rangers and meleers. Why? Maybe because their best Magic Attack Boost is similar to one members staff and that they're wearing Wizard Robes?

The robes should be at around level 10, 20, 30, and 40. Maybe elemental robes, that give a 15% boost in power to the spell you cast?

But, only members could make the robes. That way, Members profit and F2P Mages can actually work right. Oh, and they need Snare. Maybe Teleblock too.

Oddment1.png

Erm, even though i am P2p, i'd like to see Capes of Achievement in F2p.

Erm, one question, most of the people who post here will be F2p, so why the link to the forum they cannot post on?

That is also only thing I really want to see made f2p, capes of achievements.

Yes and maybe another quest?

pan.png

i totally agree about f2p skill capes.

ive been a member for 2 weeks and rose 400+ levels because of the more ways to play the game so isnt a 99 in f2p as good as a 99 in p2p?

i think it would be a good idea for jagex to start implementing the skill capes for f2p but make them 500k rather than 100k :-w

tifsdac6mc.gif

I know, f2p doesn't deserve updates. However, there are some things I believe f2p should get, (that no one would really pay for) like skillcapes. Not better skillcapes, or equal skillcapes, but lesser skillcapes.

There should be 2 types of skillcapes- F2p and P2p. P2p remains the same.

The f2p ones will all be given by either the Wise Old Man or the Guildmaster (probably the Wise Old Man so that pures don't have to do quests giving unwanted xp to get it.)

The capes will be shaped like the P2p Achievement capes, but they would be a solid color, without the logo on it. The smithing will be a darker color than the mining, hitpoints won't be white like prayer but a light-grayish-purple color, (thats on the side of the untrimmed one) and magic would be a midnight blue, darker than the regular blue cape, while construction is the same color.

I'll try to make a cheapie-sort of picture to resemble this. I really suck at graphics editing, so if someone can make a picture of this, that'd be awesome... :-w

F2p has to pay the same price (99k), for more boring capes, and no trims are given. I think they get what they pay for...

Does this sound good?

I think you guys should atleast get 1-2 more rows of bankspace. I know what it was like to have limited bankspace. Though everything else should remain member including the skill capes. I'm sorry but if you want it, you'll have to get members for it. I work, go to college, have good grades in said classes and still find the time to pay a few bucks a month for extras.

Currently Going for...

99 firemaking

Current Progress-76/99

Guest ShadowClawe
The only reason to withold certain features from f2p players is to give them an incentive to become a memebr. Thusly there is no reason for not allowing f2p players achievment capes, wildy capes and other similar things. Unless of course Jagex is not the happy go lucky, only makes money as an offshoot of doing what they love, and genuinely cares about each one of their clients regardless of wether they are f2p or p2p (which is the carefully crafted image they have created for themselves). I've had members for nearly a month now and i'd say my money was well spent, but i can't understand why they don't update f2p, afterall everyone starts f2p and the better that service is the more likely you are to upgrade (at least you are if you're like me-which granted may not be true of all players).

As has been stated f2p players earn Jagex revenue indirectly through ingame adverts. Thusly it is glib to say that f2p players don't deserve new things because they don't pay.

Yes I know, the saying "Since you dont pay, you dont get" is righted for people who spend $5 every month, but if Jagex wants to stay in business, they should have the brains to update F2P. The last time Jagex put a new F2P skill into the game was I dont know how long ago, and I think all the F2P quests have been there since the game started.

What I'm trying to point out is:

If Jagex doesnt give F2P updates, then all the players who just started playing would note this and quit before they became members. If they dont make F2P fun, why should anyone think that members is fun, unless youve been playing for years? Many of my friends say they played runescape for a few days, then quit because the game was so boring. Who would become a member of a boring game? The F2P world gives an impression to the players who are searching for online games, who are considering to keep on playing runescape. If, when they start playing runescape (On F2P duh!), they don't like it or think its boring, they wont play! Jagex needs to attract people through F2P.