Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

I'm gonna repost this with a couple of edits because its been ignored

I know, f2p doesn't deserve updates. However, there are some things I believe f2p should get, (that no one would really pay for) like skillcapes. Not better skillcapes, or equal skillcapes, but lesser skillcapes.

There should be 2 types of skillcapes- F2p and P2p. P2p remains the same.

The f2p ones will all be given by either the Wise Old Man or the Guildmaster (probably the Wise Old Man so that pures don't have to do quests giving unwanted xp to get it.)

The capes will be shaped like the P2p Achievement capes, but they would be a solid color, without the logo on it. The smithing will be a darker color than the mining, hitpoints won't be white like prayer but a light-grayish-purple color, (thats on the side of the untrimmed one) and magic would be a midnight blue, darker than the regular blue cape, while construction is the same color.

No emote is given. However, F2p pays 50k for their "achievement cape"

Does this sound good?

Why csn't f2p have a smallpox outbreak :thumbsup: . But seriously, I'm not gonna even try to explain why they don't deserve it because the only thing they come up with is "well we cant block adds so when we click on them jagex gets .01cent". You gotta be freaking kidding me -.-

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

The way I see it, it can have no stat at all... trust me, those of us who've earned the right to wear it would appreciate anything.

I agree. Take all stats bonuses away and I wouldn't even notice/care. As long as I can use the emote, I'm happy.

F2p should get everything members do as we actually pay by not using software to block the adverts on top of the f2p play screens.
nope maybe you pay rougely $1 a month and actully you dont even pay, you just look and jagex gets payed for the ads and with that money they keep f2p alive, p2p has no problems they pay $5 a month compaired to the rougly $1 that f2p doesnt even pay.
afbeelding4kopieae2.png

What does f2p need? A strong monster worth fighting...

Our best challenge is the greater demon hut in the wildy...

Blah.

Not a huge dungeon, just a single breed of a few higher-level monsters...

The Llama 79

(Insert fancy signature here.)

The way I see it, it can have no stat at all... trust me, those of us who've earned the right to wear it would appreciate anything.
technically, with obby capes you didnt DO anything to earn its right, its mearly perchasable, sure i think they shouldnt have stats, even though ppl buy it for looks like me, the price would be astronomiclay lower than what it is now *whatever the hell its worth is* even a mere 3-5+ would be good...and i thought greater demons were members only?

Popoto.~<3

technically, with obby capes you didnt DO anything to earn its right, its mearly perchasable, sure i think they shouldnt have stats, even though ppl buy it for looks like me, the price would be astronomiclay lower than what it is now *whatever the hell its worth is* even a mere 3-5+ would be good...and i thought greater demons were members only?

Sorry if I misunderstand you but the cape in question is not obby but lv99 capes.

As for greaters, go to high lvl wild and there you will find them in F2P.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Sorry if I misunderstand you but the cape in question is not obby but lv99 capes.

As for greaters, go to high lvl wild and there you will find them in F2P.

People don't like going to level 45 wild to train combat.

The only reason I'm f2p is because my mom cancelled the credit card that runescape was on... so in the meantime (while I'm making a pking account), here's a few suggestions:

A) Better mage robes/Teleblock spell. Seriously guys, the mage robes that f2p have... suck. Our best magic setup is: Blue hat/Blue robe/Ammy of magic/Elemental staff, which only gives +25 magic bonus. Members have full mystic, which gives +45 without ammy or staff. Perhaps Jagex can give us some kind of leg wear that give +7 or something? It would improve our defence a bit and make for faster kills as mage. And while you're at it, open up the teleblock spell as well for f2p. I'm sure it'll give a lot of people an incentive to go for 85 magic... :mrgreen:

B) BANK SPACE!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, this idea has been tossed around forever. I'm currently carrying a junkload of useless stuff with me on my main because I can't bank it! Give us even 3 rows more of bank space and we'll be extremely happy. Please?

C) A new minigame. Face it guys, after all the quests are done, there's only 2 things for f2p to do... raise skills and pk. By adding a new minigame (perhaps opening up duel arena?) to the mix, it'll give f2p something else to do in the meantime.

pm me at onipaladin if you like the suggestions, but be warned, I'm not on too often...

~So pick a BC date, cause you're history.~

heh, welcome to the world of noobscape, its made up of purescape, autoscape, and sadscape, it makes up 60% of all of runescape :

Feel free to add onipaladin ingame. Dknghtshadow's temporarily retired.

Skill capes f2p yes no stats/emote

it gives them a sample

Also they could do with a bit more to do i admit but why?

Mage robes no full set...understandable

B) BANK SPACE!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, this idea has been tossed around forever. I'm currently carrying a junkload of useless stuff with me on my main because I can't bank it! Give us even 3 rows more of bank space and we'll be extremely happy. Please?

I lol'd in real life at that stupid comment!

read sugestions please

and there they even want less

People don't like going to level 45 wild to train combat.

True, just pointing out that they ARE indeed there.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I'm not paying my membership fee so some idiot with entitlement issues can have the same stuff for free that everyone else pays for.

If you want the extra stuff, you pay for it. That's how the world works. Better get used to now.

Correct, you are paying a membership fee to get tons of new areas, monsters, skills, and items.

Just because F2P gets something doesn't warrant any reason to get angry.

As I have said before: "It does not affect you, so don't worry about it!"

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I'm not paying my membership fee so some idiot with entitlement issues can have the same stuff for free that everyone else pays for.

If you want the extra stuff, you pay for it. That's how the world works. Better get used to now.

Correct, you are paying a membership fee to get tons of new areas, monsters, skills, and items.

Oh that's not me getting angry over it. Angry involves some rather creative cursing and swearing. That's just irritation at the way all these people seem to think they should be rewarded just for having an account.

Ananke32.png

I think free players should be able to do more things with paying members. That way the game is more fun for the people that can't pay the $5 a month, and so the people who are too cheap are more likley to pay.

F2p people should be able to go into p2p people's houses. To check them out and do some of the activities. This will be fun and show the f2p people what membership is like.

Jagex should focus more on making the game fun, instead of making the game more profitable. If everyone leaves because the game is boring, no profits will be made.

Also as stated many times before:

Capes of achievment symbolize a great acheivment, and should be given to anyone who can achieve it, not just members.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Oh that's not me getting angry over it. Angry involves some rather creative cursing and swearing. That's just irritation at the way all these people seem to think they should be rewarded just for having an account.

Don't worry, just because F2P gets something doesn't mean you will lose your precious benefits. :roll:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I'm not worried about losing my benefits. It's called 'getting what you pay for'.

I pay my car insurance so that I am covered in case of an accident, not so my neighbour is covered in case of an accident. I pay my mortage so I can keep a roof over my families head, not to keep a roof over my friends head. I pay my membership fee so I can access the extra stuff, not so that someone with entitlement issues can access the extra stuff.

Those of us paying membership fees help provide the money so that the game can keep being updated.

Nothing in life is for free and you get what you pay for.

Although having said that, I agree that the skill capes should be available to everyone. It's a huge achievement, especially when the non members have less items/quests/events etc to help boost them

Ananke32.png

i would like to see more bank space. not like members, but like 3 or 4 more rows of it.... also[i know this won't happen, but training with a rune scimitar on lesser demons compared to whipping stuff at pest control is annoying]like dragon weapons.... know it won't happen, just saying =p.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

I'm a pure f2p, and what i hate the most about it is the smal bank space, what i would like to be added to f2p is capes of achievements(everybody wants that and i would like more bank space, just maybe 5-7 more slots, that would change everything, what i ofcourse would want is a that one of the old skills would be made f2p, like fletching, but i know that's not gonna happen :(

Caradinor.gif

Caradinor.gif

Caradinor.gif

Caradinor.gif

I'm a pure f2p, and what i hate the most about it is the smal bank space, what i would like to be added to f2p is capes of achievements(everybody wants that and i would like more bank space, just maybe 5-7 more slots, that would change everything, what i ofcourse would want is a that one of the old skills would be made f2p, like fletching, but i know that's not gonna happen :(

You are correct that that last thing you mention never happen.

But hey, can dream right. <3:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I'd be happy with even like 3 more bank spaces just to hold 3 more kinds of runes in.

To be honest, I think there's 3 main reasons why Jagex doesn't update free members as much:

Members complain (Yes, you're paying, but that doesn't mean I don't want to, I just can't. Good bye, full stop, end of.

Easily abusive (making new accounts for macroing, forum trolling etc.)

Members complain.

I don't think improving what they already have is so bad (such as more bankspace)

But yeah, 10 more bank spaces would be awesome, i'd solely use them on randoms to get the emotes.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg