Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

I think f2p should be entitled to some more of the world, i know we dont pay at all, but I mean geeeeeeeez! come on! members have like 100x as much land!

For the first few weeks of playing, you can explore, but then you have been everywhere. on mems, its like, it just goes on and on!

sigs_misc_025.gif

the following things would be greatly appreciated on f2p worlds

1) capes of scheivment

2) a new skill

3) a mini game (preferably castle wars)

4) quests after dragon slayer

5) ring of forging

6) last but not least MORE BANK SPACE!

an explanation of #6...most of my bank is full of random event stuff =(

i'm 100% f2p and i approve this message =p

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't see why F2Pers should expect that the rest of us see you as being a part of that community

RS could not function without F2Pers so no matter how you whine that we don't put money into the game, we still have a larger impact on the game than all the members. Where do you think all mass produced raw products come from? Where do almost all present members come from? Who makes up the huge majority of all RS players? We deserve recognition for all we put into this game, not continuous updates like some noobs believe, but something every once in a while showing that we're not forgotten and respected.

To be on topic my only suggestions that are realistic updates for F2P are tutorials of members skills (to be able to test em out briefly, teaser-style), 1.5 rows of bank space, and the ability to destroy and recover random event clothing.

Found one more crown jewel:

but what really annoys me is when you get F2Pers that start demanding things to be added for them, under the illusion that even though they contribute nothing to the game

I stopped reading the quote there, thats why its cut off :roll:

I think that I am speaking on behalf of all mid-high lvl fishermen when i say that maybe a few (3-5) simple, low risk mini games (ie. trawler) could be made f2p.

PROBLEMS WITH THIS IDEA-

Q1) How do f2p get to port khazard?

A) Make an entry in f2p zone

--------------------------------------------

Q2) F2P dont pay, and aren't entitled.

A) But we don't just play RS, we spread the RS message to everyone,help fund the game (clicking on ads-unlike mems) and we also show (with our huge number), that RS is an awesome game. Mems just show that they think it's awesome, and can pay $ for even more.

sigs_misc_025.gif

@ stereotypical members - i know ur out there!

Stereotyping against us because of our "Lack of support to JAGeX" is just blatent disregard for us! We support Jagex in many ways-we click on ads ( dont we guys? :anxious: ) and we can be the force that pulls new players in (with our numbers, people realise how popular this game is) and popularity USUALLY means greatness!

sigs_misc_025.gif

only thing F2P should get is more bank space.. and even jagex will say NO to that..

minigame??? are you joking??? theres no way thats gonna happened

you want minigame and more land and ect: PAY for it.. if u cant make the moeny work.. cut lawn, sell chocolates

only thing F2P should get is more bank space.. and even jagex will say NO to that..

minigame??? are you joking??? theres no way thats gonna happened

you want minigame and more land and ect: PAY for it.. if u cant make the moeny work.. cut lawn, sell chocolates

I agree with part of this post. That is, the part about mini-games and land. Bank space, I agree we should get, but also something to balance the high-level mages in the combat triangle. Maybe a couple other non-graphical updates as well. No skills, no minigames, no new lands. Maybe an annual quest or something, since F2P has an affect on the number of new members.

As for the final part of your post: Some people can't cut lawns, as they have physical handicaps. My knee can give out at any time and when it does, it stays out for anywhere between an hour and a week. During that time, I can't walk, and can barely stand. Imagine how the person I'm cutting the lawn for would feel if that happened mid-lawn... Also, when it IS out, I can't sell chocolates either, since I can't walk.

but most of the f2p'ers are macro's and noobs.

Now that's a little unfair. There are a lot of macroers in f2p without a doubt. However, the majority of the people are decent enough. Declaring the majority of us to be "macro's and noobs" is insulting.

This is not to say I am complaining about what we have. I think we should be able to get skill capes if we work hard/long enough to get them. To answer the complaint that some of the skills are in p2p areas, I suggest making the Wise Old Man give out these other capes (feel free to comment on this idea, preferably constructively). However, that's about it. Bank space is tight, but if you don't collect all the random event items it's fine (tight but you can manage it with little difficulty). A higher level monster, better robes, etc. would be nice but are not nescessary as we can get them if we join members.

Finally, f2p is not a demo. Originally, there was only f2p. Generally, demos kick you out or end after a certain amount of time. I think p2p should be viewed as extra additions you pay for. It's not a big deal, but for some reason it was irking me a bit.

Highlander%205.gif

Highlander%205.gif

Highlander%205.gif

I think that F2P fishermen (such as me) , get to lvl 50, and feel a bit miffed that we can't go higher than swordies. I personally would like to see maybe, sharks in F2P. and/or maybe eels.

Im lvl 53 fishing and i am a bit annoyed that we don't get any more. Just one single fish after that would make f2p a heap better.

But it might change the f2p economy a bit....

sigs_misc_025.gif

I think that F2P fishermen (such as me) , get to lvl 50, and feel a bit miffed that we can't go higher than swordies. I personally would like to see maybe, sharks in F2P. and/or maybe eels.

Im lvl 53 fishing and i am a bit annoyed that we don't get any more. Just one single fish after that would make f2p a heap better.

With 82 fishing, I am not bothered by the "lack" of fish. We, as F2P, need no more fish, to be honest.

With 82 fishing, I am not bothered by the "lack" of fish. We, as F2P, need no more fish, to be honest.

85 fish here, I think the fish types currently available are sufficient.

Finally, f2p is not a demo. Originally, there was only f2p. Generally, demos kick you out or end after a certain amount of time. I think p2p should be viewed as extra additions you pay for. It's not a big deal, but for some reason it was irking me a bit.

Totally agree with you here.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I don't think you free to play people deserve stuff like more armors, dragon weaponry, etc but you guys do deserve some more bankspace. I know what it was like to deal with limited bankspace, I was f2p at one point in time before I got members. If you guys want more stuff, get members but giving you guys some extra bankspace wouldn't hurt at all.

Currently Going for...

99 firemaking

Current Progress-76/99

i think one of the little things they could do that would not upset the balance of the world would be to scatter a few members only trees in lumby and fally and varrock... like maple trees. The first time I saw those, I was like, ooooh! pretty! :shock:

even if they kept them members, they would make the scenery so much nicer lol

Alikyntog.gif

alikyntog.gif

Alikyntog.gif

I know I have a long way - and I am buying bones. Send my main a message - Alikyntog

i think one of the little things they could do that would not upset the balance of the world would be to scatter a few members only trees in lumby and fally and varrock... like maple trees. The first time I saw those, I was like, ooooh! pretty! :shock:

even if they kept them members, they would make the scenery so much nicer lol

If they added them to F2P areas, they would be F2P since we can already burn them. But I do see your point.

F2p IS a demo. Here, let me use the Battlefield 2 Demo as an example.

In this demo, you have one map and only one map, the Gulf of Oman. You also have a few of the guns and artillery. Now you don't see EA games releasing the full game for download, because that would decrease profit. The demo is showing you part of what the game can offer, and over time you will get sick of flying a helicopter over a battleship and will want more. You will then buy the game thus EA making a profit. That's exactly how free to play is to work. Once you buy the game, you have all the areas, all the weapons and benefits. Thanks for reading.

F2p IS a demo. Here, let me use the Battlefield 2 Demo as an example.

In this demo, you have one map and only one map, the Gulf of Oman. You also have a few of the guns and artillery. Now you don't see EA games releasing the full game for download, because that would decrease profit. The demo is showing you part of what the game can offer, and over time you will get sick of flying a helicopter over a battleship and will want more. You will then buy the game thus EA making a profit. That's exactly how free to play is to work. Once you buy the game, you have all the areas, all the weapons and benefits. Thanks for reading.

The key difference is that f2p is all that there used to be. It was the game. Therfore I don't view it has a demo, I view membership as an expansion. For example say a game releases an expansion pack that can be purchased, does that mean the original game is a demo? Of course not.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

The key difference is that f2p is all that there used to be. It was the game. Therfore I don't view it has a demo, I view membership as an expansion. For example say a game releases an expansion pack that can be purchased, does that mean the original game is a demo? Of course not.

Yes, YOU view p2p as an expansion, but JAGEX (you know, those people who created this whole game and all?) view it as the full version and f2p as a demo.

It's only 5 bucks a month...

Any fool can write a rule, but any fool will mind it

--Thoreau

daskos99.png

Flickr

=; F2P is soooo not a demo.

It was once their original creation. They then created extra features into it. Its like getting a cheeseburger but wnating fries and all....

Precisely.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

F2p is a demo?Lol.

Number of installed on desktop~25

Number of demos~12

Number of playables after an hour of use~13...Wait,isn't 13 the number of non-demos?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]