Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Ripped straight from the psot above me (sowwy :mrgreen: )

1-more bank space F2P No, if you want to have more of Jagex's memory, pay them for it.

2-more quests No, Jagex's aim as a company is to attract freebies to members, through the temptation of quests. Be thankful for the free holiday updates

3-more skills Around half of the skills members have F2P have, I don't see why you need more.

4-access the forums Yeah OK, I don't see why not.

5-if not, skill capes Go on then... no harm I guess.

6-more items! To what intent or purpose, you have nowhere to put them!

7-more people on friends/ignore lists Mine was fine as an F2P

8-more area in runescape map The area you have provides all of your needs, you don't need more

9-mini-games! Um... no. It be so unbelievably watered down.

10-more monsters to fight Maybe a few Wildy green dragons, but that's it!

11-duel arenas What's wrong with arranging a match in a private non-multi part of the Wildy?

12-just plain more things to do Be grateful that, as a freebiw, you have that much to do

13-more ways to make money Mine coal, chop willows. Easy.

14-the reading skill! ya right...(saw it on ideas for game... it's a joke for anyone who saw it.) Never seen that one, someone PM me a link?

As far as I'm concerned, if you're not prepared to aid the progess of RS and Jagex by paying money, you are not a part of this community. I can't believe the ordacity of some of your requests sometimes! For you, this a free game, and I can't see what position you think are in to start making demands or requests, when all you need to do gain membership is pay ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 or $5 a month (a pathetic amount of money!).

OMG YOU CHAMPION!! thats what i'm trying to say.. you have totally said it all!! you are a god! :D ..... and GOD DAMMIT I HATE FREE WORLD SCUM!! :evil:

One more ripper sorry :wink:

1-more bank space - 20 spaces mroe so it is 2.5 rows, that would end that half-row which confuses me all the time.

2-more quests - c'mon, at most one a year, they are same for 3 years as im playing, bored...

3-more skills - plenty of them, no need.

4-access the forums - OK, but 1 year of playing restriction (no NOOB spam).

5-if not, skill capes - sure, it's almost twice as hard to get 9 in F2P than P2P

6-more items! - no way dude, at least new mage robes and a bow for 40 lvl. where would you stuff all that ???

7-more people on friends/ignore lists - plenty of space. delete quit friends and old ignored ppl.

8-more area in runescape map - umm, it would be cool to have some new areas.

9-mini-games! - naah, they must be for members.

10-more monsters to fight - a new high lvled NPC so lvls 90+ won't go to hillyz or moss, it annoys lowers.

11-duel arenas - c'mon, duels in wildy sucks. let us go to duel arena.

12-just plain more things to do - uuh, I don't see problem with it, though for higher lvl should be some better stuff to do.

13-more ways to make money - there are lots of way in F2P, no problem with that.

By the way, I am 100% F2Per, and it is my opinion, which I think is pretty suitable for almost everyone.

..... and GOD DAMMIT I HATE FREE WORLD SCUM!!

Dude, remember you were that "FREE WORLD SCUM" too, so you are insulting us, you are insulting yourself. Don't think you aren't a scum if you spend your money for members so you think you are better than us.

Some of us have better plans than spend a 5$/month for a game.

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

Why can't free players have skillcapes? Why can't they have new quests? Why can't we have some more minigames, and some new powerful robes? Why can't you give us forums? our lief is soooo horrible jagex dont like us waaa Why can't we have treasure trails members suck! Give us dragon armor! Give us our well earned cash!! Give us powerful dragonhides and magic bows!!! Feed us magic runes and more spells....... Oh wait a sec I'm pay to play yay!!

I tthink tht F2P people deserve the right to have skill capes, cos if they've had the patience to get their skills to 99 then they should get something for their time.

And also treasure trails would be fun. :thumbsup:

Jagex did not deny F2P the capes of achievement because F2Pers are undeserving. Probably the most likely cause of the capes being P2P is the way the capes are sold: by unique individuals who are professionals in that skill. Seeing as nearly every skill has members benefits, most of these people are in P2P areas and therefore inaccessible.

Should over half the games skill capes be in 1/6 of the map area? That doesn't quite fit with Jagex's apparent attempt at distributing them everywhere.

Personally, I think F2Pers deserve the capes they earn. But unless the entire system is changed, it's very impractical. And I suppose in the business eye, taking this extra "value" out of a skill cape for the sake of nonpaying players isn't a very viable option.

im p2p

and i have a f2p hybrid pker,

f2p needs MYSTIC

its simple really but they dont have it and capes of achievement would be nice for them.

Whoever said "nothing is impossible", obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

I tthink tht F2P people deserve the right to have skill capes, cos if they've had the patience to get their skills to 99 then they should get something for their time.

Although skill capes are about patience, they are really just another way to attract players to members. I can't think of a f2p who would put enough time into a game to get level 99 without crossing over to be a member. It's also easier to level as a member. :D

And even if treasure trails would be fun, they are just part of members that free will always be dreaming about.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

Although skill capes are about patience, they are really just another way to attract players to members. I can't think of a f2p who would put enough time into a game to get level 99 without crossing over to be a member. It's also easier to level as a member. :D

And even if treasure trails would be fun, they are just part of members that free will always be dreaming about.

Actually there is more than you would think. Skill cape is basically the only thing that I really believe F2P should have that it doesn't at the moment.

All the other things people posted such as weapons, monsters, etc. would be nice and all but honestly is not that important, as well as highly unlikely. To me the skill cape is important though, and I don't see any reason why it is exclusive to members. Besides the fact that some of the skill masters are in P2P areas.

What if there was a portal that took you to the skill master to buy the cape. In F2P worlds you would not be able to leave the area or interact with anything besides the skill master. Thoughts?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

not bragging or anything as being a member, not trying to a smart aleck, but the reason the f2p does not get member items because f2p does not pay for the game, they play for free. If Jagex gives member stuff to f2p, all members would quit and become f2p, which means no more money for Jagex. And if you say "well we only want part of the stuff!" Well then players will feel Jagex has giving up on not making f2p updates, which means more f2p will be begging for more stuff and more stuff. And another thing, you have to be member to get skillcapes, you dont have to be member to use it's emote

However, i F2P only gets part of the stuff, why would any P2Pers leave? Snce they get the now F2P stuff, and more, there would be no reason to quit.

not bragging or anything as being a member, not trying to a smart aleck, but the reason the f2p does not get member items because f2p does not pay for the game, they play for free. If Jagex gives member stuff to f2p, all members would quit and become f2p, which means no more money for Jagex. And if you say "well we only want part of the stuff!" Well then players will feel Jagex has giving up on not making f2p updates, which means more f2p will be begging for more stuff and more stuff. And another thing, you have to be member to get skillcapes, you dont have to be member to use it's emote

However, i F2P only gets part of the stuff, why would any P2Pers leave? Snce they get the now F2P stuff, and more, there would be no reason to quit.

Perhaps. But Jagex makes their money off the P2P players, so why risking alienating them?

What if there was a portal that took you to the skill master to buy the cape. In F2P worlds you would not be able to leave the area or interact with anything besides the skill master. Thoughts?

Brilliant idea.

Ananke32.png

I'm f2p but I still think that f2p has too much as it is and I am willing to stereotype all f2pers as FREE TO PLAY NOOB SCUM! I have the money to be p2p. I'm fifteen but I have a job that makes me about $100-$140 a month but my parents won't let me get a members acount.

wildernes.myfreeforum.org hizzah!

To the guy who wants new magicks:

I'm pretty sick of this chart I drew up in RSOF but anyway,

Warriors:Attack,Defence,Strength.(3)

Mages:Ancients =P~ ,Lunar,Modern.(3)

Rangers:Bows,Thrown.(2)

Now add one to mage,however useless and you have new rants from rangers.

I wouldn't mind if they gave,say blown weapons or something to f2p,at least they'd have something,and it gives a strengthening to darts,I guess.

But if mage had four,warriorsDon't have to bother anyway,they have unlimited weaponryand rangers would lag behind,the latter being worse off.Who would be angry?Err,the mages I guess. :roll:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I think F2P needs some respect.

Every says that F2P is just beggars and noobs.

Show us some respect mmkay?

I've never said that all F2P are beggers, and I've never called someone a noob for no apparent reason. I have respect for anyone that has the determination that most F2Pers show.

However, when F2Pers start demanding things to be put onto a game that they don't actually contribute anything to, that's when I start to get a tiny bit annoyed. Call me old-fashioned if you like, but I don't really see why my membership money should be spent on players wich play the game for free, and proudly do so. I just don't see what position some F2Pers think that they are in to start demanding things like more quests, magiks, deal arenas, more skills etc.. If you don't actually contribute anything to the community (ie, paying membership to help Jagex afford new updates etc.), I don't see why F2Pers should expect that the rest of us see you as being a part of that community.

I think F2P needs some respect.

Every says that F2P is just beggars and noobs.

Show us some respect mmkay?

I've never said that all F2P are beggers, and I've never called someone a noob for no apparent reason. I have respect for anyone that has the determination that most F2Pers show.

However, when F2Pers start demanding things to be put onto a game that they don't actually contribute anything to, that's when I start to get a tiny bit annoyed. Call me old-fashioned if you like, but I don't really see why my membership money should be spent on players wich play the game for free, and proudly do so. I just don't see what position some F2Pers think that they are in to start demanding things like more quests, magiks, deal arenas, more skills etc.. If you don't actually contribute anything to the community (ie, paying membership to help Jagex afford new updates etc.), I don't see why F2Pers should expect that the rest of us see you as being a part of that community.

Your membership money shouldn't pay for it. The leftovers from ads should. Not new skills, or minigames, or anything big like that, but a few little updates to make F2P just a little more appealing to those who want to test the game before paying. If they like F2P they are more likely to pay for the game.

I'm p2p, the only thing I think that f2p really needs is the ability to post on forums. It would make things a lot easier for f2ps to buy and sell stuff (fish and logs mostly).

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

I'm p2p, the only thing I think that f2p really needs is the ability to post on forums. It would make things a lot easier for f2ps to buy and sell stuff (fish and logs mostly).

I would agree with you there, I don't think it's fair that you're limited in how you sell stuff either. Unfortunetely, you have a few idiots that would mis-use this privalige, and spam up the forums and other immature stuff, and because of these people, giving F2P forum access is impossible, given how easy it would be for them to set up a new account to avoid forum bans.

@unkn0wnwarrior, I agree with you, making F2P would attract more people to P2P, and make the game this better. I have no problem with that, but what really annoys me is when you get F2Pers that start demanding things to be added for them, under the illusion that even though they contribute nothing to the game, they somehow deserve updates. This is just wrong.

Meh. Personally I could care less about access to the Runescape forums, I am content using TIF. Besides, there are immature people out there who would make accounts for the sole purpose of bothering everyone with spam, etc. I see these type of people everyday in Runescape who sit there saying the same thing over and over simply to be annoying. If they were allowed in forums the forum moderators would have quite a job on their hands.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I would agree with you there, I don't think it's fair that you're limited in how you sell stuff either. Unfortunetely, you have a few idiots that would mis-use this privalige, and spam up the forums and other immature stuff, and because of these people, giving F2P forum access is impossible, given how easy it would be for them to set up a new account to avoid forum bans.

@unkn0wnwarrior, I agree with you, making F2P would attract more people to P2P, and make the game this better. I have no problem with that, but what really annoys me is when you get F2Pers that start demanding things to be added for them, under the illusion that even though they contribute nothing to the game, they somehow deserve updates. This is just wrong.

I agree, the forums would be nice but won't happen because of those who would no doubt spam. I also agree that those who start demanding things is annoying.

first off, f2p'ers don't pay for ANYTHING. they click on adverts and the ADVERT COMPANIES PAY JAGEX. second, f2p is supposed to be a demo version of the real runescape. kinda like how on the ds there's metroid prime: first hunt which is a demo that teaches you how to play. then there's metroid prime:hunters where you actually get to play. making forums for f2p would be horrible because then the suggestions forums would be full of f2p'ers whining about updates and the same with rants. i'm not saying all f2p'ers are bad, there's a large group of core rs vets. but most of the f2p'ers are macro's and noobs.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

first off, f2p'ers don't pay for ANYTHING. they click on adverts and the ADVERT COMPANIES PAY JAGEX. second, f2p is supposed to be a demo version of the real runescape. kinda like how on the ds there's metroid prime: first hunt which is a demo that teaches you how to play. then there's metroid prime:hunters where you actually get to play. making forums for f2p would be horrible because then the suggestions forums would be full of f2p'ers whining about updates and the same with rants. i'm not saying all f2p'ers are bad, there's a large group of core rs vets. but most of the f2p'ers are macro's and noobs.

Gee, don't stereotype or anything :roll:

So I guess that you know that F2P will spam the forums...let me ask you a question sir, aren't the forums already full of spam from members?

If you ask pretty much anyone here they say that the Official forums are mostly spam. Which is all made by P2Pers. So how can you say that F2Pers will spam them? Hypocrite.

And most F2P are macros and noobs...yeh good call :roll:

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg