Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Calling us F2P scum, all noob and Autoers are the same thing a white person discriminating a black person. They think their the best.

Damn, if you P2P are gonna just come here and say "no ef two pee shouldnt' ahve + st00f we r0ck". You are acting like some damn snobs. We want Updates because we only, and ONLY, get a big update about once or twice an year. The rest's graphics and crap. We think that Jagex is giving alot of benefits to Payers so that more people will get interested. But damn no. DAMN NO. We don't get interested. We start to think Jagex forgot us. They think that more Payer stuff will make us want to turn into them instantly. We don't. We feel that we are crap and they're kings. We play the game. No us, no popularity, no RuneScape. And we have our problems. I'm a Brazillian guy, and Five "Flipping" dollars equals R$12 in here. I won't waste R$124 a year for RS. And I got no International Credit Card. My "salary" is a monthly crappy R$15 or less. I won't waste my damn money on paying that steal. No damn way. So, you damn hypocrites, shut the damn up and let us say what we wish for. You got what we don't, so get up, and go away. You guys're wasting posts here.

Ideas?

More Weapons!: No. Maybe halberds, but maybe not. We're okay with ours, I guess.

Better-Looking Armor!: Maybe. An upgrade to the plates is nice.

Achievement Capes!: Absolutely. And again I'll talk alot. Read the * below.

More quests!: Yeah, but long ones. Not like Cook's Assistant. A bit like Dragon Slayer.

Another Skill!: Construction. When I heard houses were Payers only, I wanted to kill Jagex members with a M4.

More Bank Space!: Yes.

More Monsters!: Yep. Greaters aren't enough.

A Mini-Game or Two!: Castle-Wars or that Pirate one where you make stuff are perfect.

Houses!: More than agreed.

*F2P have the true achievement here. It's awfully easy for Payers to skill, 99 is like a piece of crap cake for them. Now we take years or to the least, an year and months. They take years, yeah, but a lot less.

We F2P need more attention from Jagex. Or we're just forgotten memories.

Or, the best solution ever being made:

A single, and only, one-time fee. No monthly. I'd turn Payer the next day.

Our level 99's are a piece of cake? And crap cake no less. I doubted that anyone with a 99 skill would say that, so out of pure curiosity I checked your stats. The results weren't surprising, well actually it was the lack of results that weren't surprising. If you are comparing two ways of doing something you should have at least done it one way.

You can stay a free player for the rest of eternity for all we and jagex care, but if you want the member benefits then you have to become a member. It's as simple as that. You really don't hold that much leverage. By the way, I particularly enjoyed the implication that members are racist. Way to prove your credibility!

Went a bit overboard there though... What I meant through "piece of crap cake" that it was EASIER for P2P to gain Lvl99 on skills. Not that you'd make it a day. Sorry, forgot to explain more (damn my lack of attention!).

I take pride in my stats, though. My fishing is my highest with just 53. I'm no great. I'm only Combat Lvl40. And last time I played was less than half an year ago.

And I can't be F2P eternally. RS will end someday, lol, though I got a point. I always wanted Member benefits. But can't pay monthly. One time's OK.

Like I said, to make more F2P's happy, Jagex should make the damn monthly $5 into a damn one-time $20. If anyone ever played Adventure Quest, you'll know they have a one-time fee to be P2P. And nobody ever, repeat, EVER got pissed off at it.

We should start a petition for a one-time fee, lol. Some people agreed with this once.

2 things to FTP should have!!!

A) Achievement capes (with less bonuses of course)

and

B) More bank space...12 more would be really apreciated

all that FTPs need to don't think that JaGeX don't care with us

oh and I said that cuz i made something like a research and these are the results (not exacly)

A) Bank space=49%

B) Achievement Cape (skillcapes)=30%

C) More itens (weapon, armors, shield,)=15%

D) More Updates=6%

so the 2 stuff that FTPs want are achievement capes and more bank space

blackmhween06,Zurutius.gif

My stats

siggymv6.png

Quited RuneScape-17 July 2007, Still fighting for f2p rights

I'm gonna stick to the Playstation theme for this arguement....

So you go out and buy a PS1 (F2P) and you start having fun playing it. The PS1 has bad graphics and the games are crap on it (example only people,calm down). The PS1 stays the same and never has any new games and you get really bored of it and buy an X-Box (WoW--just another example, calm down :) ).

So the blokes at Sony decide to bring out a PS2 (members). Better games and graphics...but since the PS1 is so bad people think that buying a PS2 would be a waste of money.

This is kinda the same for Runescape, if F2P is really bad and doesn't get updates--then people might not want to join members because they are in F2P and think that it is boring because there is nothing to do.

nice you explained what i couldn't lol

Well he explained (to who didn't understood) that we are like the PS1, bad graphics and no-good game! The football games of PS1 have horrible graphics and with FTPs are BAD STUFF!! got the pic?

So, if the PS1 stop being produced (what hapened already) that will be nothing to who have X-Box or PS2 (PTP both) and the same to RS, IF FTPs stop play probably +60% of PTPs woun't see the diference of with or without FTPs

Why? Cuz members don't care with FTPs and JaGeX do the same as they

My stats

siggymv6.png

Personally the main thing F2p should have is also access to their capes of achievement. i mean why not, they can still get to 99... now the quest one won;t be possible and of course all members skills, but hey, guy manages 99 str or attack of def in f2p and thats amazing, cause it's a lot harder in f2p then in p2p lol.

It was their choice to train them in F2P. If they want the capes, they pay. That is why Jagex keeps them P2P. By the time someone reaches 99, they are a loyal player. If Jagex can suck them into P2P, then there is $5 every month.

:shame: WRONG :shame:

ALMOST ALL PTP are buying the membership by their benefits...not for the capes

if you want I can make one research of those who buy the Membership for Capes or for benefits :!:

My stats

siggymv6.png

Personally the main thing F2p should have is also access to their capes of achievement. i mean why not, they can still get to 99... now the quest one won;t be possible and of course all members skills, but hey, guy manages 99 str or attack of def in f2p and thats amazing, cause it's a lot harder in f2p then in p2p lol.

It was their choice to train them in F2P. If they want the capes, they pay. That is why Jagex keeps them P2P. By the time someone reaches 99, they are a loyal player. If Jagex can suck them into P2P, then there is $5 every month.

if you want I can make one research of those who buy the Membership for Capes or for benefits :!:

That would be awesome. Personally, I'd love to know.

Ananke32.png

kk but gonna take like 3 or 4 days to find out...its kinda hard to see Members walking by there as can take 1 or 2 days if i have luck

My stats

siggymv6.png

So you go out and buy a PS1 (F2P) and you start having fun playing it. The PS1 has bad graphics and the games are crap on it (example only people,calm down). The PS1 stays the same and never has any new games and you get really bored of it and buy an X-Box (WoW--just another example, calm down :) ).

So the blokes at Sony decide to bring out a PS2 (members). Better games and graphics...but since the PS1 is so bad people think that buying a PS2 would be a waste of money.

This is kinda the same for Runescape, if F2P is really bad and doesn't get updates--then people might not want to join members because they are in F2P and think that it is boring because there is nothing to do.

Meh, I disagree. If your PS1 has bad graphics and no new games, wouldn't you get PS2 for the better graphics and new games? Same thing in Runescape. There's enough in Runescape F2P to play it for around 6 months before you get really bored (that's how long I was F2P before I switched over). Most free players who are desperately bored of F2P have finished all the quests, and done everything that can be done in F2P. So they have two choices, they can join members or stay F2P and complain about a lack of updates.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

kk but gonna take like 3 or 4 days to find out...its kinda hard to see Members walking by there as can take 1 or 2 days if i have luck

Oh there's no rush on it. And I'll admit, I have an ulterior motive - my boyfriend & I are in the middle of a debate over whether anyone actually would become a member just for the skillcape.

Ananke32.png

Meh, I disagree. If your PS1 has bad graphics and no new games, wouldn't you get PS2 for the better graphics and new games? Same thing in Runescape. There's enough in Runescape F2P to play it for around 6 months before you get really bored (that's how long I was F2P before I switched over). Most free players who are desperately bored of F2P have finished all the quests, and done everything that can be done in F2P. So they have two choices, they can join members or stay F2P and complain about a lack of updates.

you are wrong too :shame:

As you see, PS1 is not being produced anymore

As the same to PS1, "free to play" peoples are quitting cuz JaGeX don't give them updates and loads of Members are saying that they are noob, don't get good stuff, only make noob things, etc...

So what i mean is that people that are "free to play" are quitting of the game making JaGeX lose players and giving bad publicity of it

My stats

siggymv6.png

I agree with you there but its not going to happen unless it is a huge one time fee.

Citing an Example: In AQ, the fee started at around $15. Now it's become around $30. Jagex can't charge a HUGE fee (Don't even think about going through the $50). In my opinion, Jagex should charge a max of $45 and a minimum of $10. I've seen a game where a character has around 500 lvls to gain, and to progress through lvl100, he should pay around $13 or whatever. Not saying RS to be like that, but I'd guess a one-time fee would be better than a monthly "Xtra cheappy!" $5.

PS1 theme? Hah, good theme...

F2P is the PS1.

WoW is the PS3.

P2P is the PS2.

Jagex is Sony.

You get a PS1. You enjoy for along time, however you've done all that is possible in it. You get bored as hell.

So, you go and dream about the PS3. But it's costly as hell. Way more than a PS2.

However, Sony (or, as like I want to call them, "The Arrogant [bleep]" [still an example. Not saying that Jagex are arrogant [bleep]es]) decides that they want more money from their players. PS2 costs now a miserably $5, however you pay that few forever. Otherwise, you get kicked off. The American/British/Anyone with PayPal has alot of fun.

However again, the Brazilian/Someone who isn't from USA or England/Anyone without PayPal can't afford keep sendind fiveys to Sony every month. They live too far away. They can't risk every month $5 by sending it through the mail.

You guys see, if Sony ever made the PS2 $5 but charge $5 per month, me, my friends, and anyone from the second part wouldn't be able to play anymore.

However, the PS2 is good even costing more than $100, because you buy it, get games, and be forever happy.

If Jagex made 1-Time-Fee! they'd have more Members, which could mean more money. Even though they now get over $5 million per month, more from the 8 million (Or whatever lol) F2P would want to be a Member. Could sound less lucrative, but it will benefit us and make us want to be Members even more than we'd ever want. Because it'd be cheap as hell, more people happy, more people on P2P, less suicidal acts (I guess), and probably less Autoers on P2P (Hey, which bot wannas pay $45?).

I like RS and would like to support it, however I can't pay a monthly $5.

Some people may agree, some not (Right, you "P2P-that-calls-F2P-the-F2P-Scum"? Lol).

A giant NO to f2p on the forums, you would get so many accs just for price manipulation. Capes of acheivement also a no i think members get priority they pay they get.

Whats the point in being a member if you can go f2p and get most p2p stuff... dear oh dear....

Any true player would be a member anyway, about 80% of the f2p will quit within the next year, however more will come in. F2p don't really deserve more updates, they get enough anyway!

Yeah, im f2p and my mum says i'll always be f2p which sorta sucks, i can

see me quitting in like...1 month! joking, Joking...probably 3 years. :wall:

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

Calling us F2P scum, all noob and Autoers are the same thing a white person discriminating a black person. They think their the best.

Damn, if you P2P are gonna just come here and say "no ef two pee shouldnt' ahve + st00f we r0ck". You are acting like some damn snobs. We want Updates because we only, and ONLY, get a big update about once or twice an year. The rest's graphics and crap. We think that Jagex is giving alot of benefits to Payers so that more people will get interested. But damn no. DAMN NO. We don't get interested. We start to think Jagex forgot us. They think that more Payer stuff will make us want to turn into them instantly. We don't. We feel that we are crap and they're kings. We play the game. No us, no popularity, no RuneScape. And we have our problems. I'm a Brazillian guy, and Five "Flipping" dollars equals R$12 in here. I won't waste R$124 a year for RS. And I got no International Credit Card. My "salary" is a monthly crappy R$15 or less. I won't waste my damn money on paying that steal. No damn way. So, you damn hypocrites, shut the damn up and let us say what we wish for. You got what we don't, so get up, and go away. You guys're wasting posts here.

Ideas?

More Weapons!: No. Maybe halberds, but maybe not. We're okay with ours, I guess.

More quests!: Yeah, but long ones. Not like Cook's Assistant. A bit like Dragon Slayer.

Another Skill!: Construction. When I heard houses were Payers only, I wanted to kill Jagex members with a M4.

A Mini-Game or Two!: Castle-Wars or that Pirate one where you make stuff are perfect.

*F2P have the true achievement here. It's awfully easy for Payers to skill, 99 is like a piece of crap cake for them. Now we take years or to the least, an year and months. They take years, yeah, but a lot less.

You see you're the type of person that everyone loves to hate. You are the very type of person which causes arrogant member 'snobs' to tell you to just pay $5 and stop whining because you get i for free. No matter what you will hear the same fricking argument everytime because it is the exact reason why you don't get updates!!!!

You already have a crapload of stuff to do and you're getting it all for free!!! You do not do anything to help Jagex in anyway. One update a year is plenty enough for you. Thats the point, its business. You are playing for free, once being free has become boring and meaningless, you decide to get members. If you can't accept the fact that you don't pay, then play another free game!!!!!!! Jagex don't neglect you. If they neglected you, you wouldn't get holiday events. If they neglected you you wouldn't be getting graphical updates. If they neglected you there wouldn't even be a free version!!!!!!!!

You are truly a freeloader. You have threatened to kill Jagex with an M4 because they made POH's members. YOU ARE ASKING FOR A LOT!!! MEMBERS GET MORE BENFITS BECAUSE THEY PAY. EVERYTHING YOU ASKED FOR IS BASICALLY THE EXTRA FEATURES OF MEMBERS!! STOP WHINING AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT JAGEX IS A BUSINESS. REAL LIFE COMES FIRST. JAGEX WOULD WANT A DECENT LIVING OVER PROVIDING FREE SERVICES TO PEOPLE WHO WHINE AT THEM.

Now, I'm not saying all f2ps are like DarkVincent, but he sure is the type that make members want to puke. Also if it were a single payment a day, Jagex would make jack all. Lets, see, 1000000 paying customers, times that by $5, gee thats only $5000000 a year! Currently thats $5000000 a month. And Jage have more then 300 employees who need to be paid. You obviously care more about your pixels then the well being of your fellow man. You make me sick :boohoo:

Also, I am currently f2p. The only suggestion I agree that you should have is bank space, and nothing more. Now learn to appreciate what you do have rather then complaining about what you don't have or GTFO. You only earn that much, you should be paying more attention on real life then on a game (assuming you are an adult). I can only say one thing: Get a better job. There, I said it. Now I am not only an arrogant members snob, but an arrogant snob in real life. Yeah, live with it. Oh and to add to that, while your at it why don't you go up to your boss and demand a 300% payrise? Thats basically what you are doing here, but real life is more important.

Sorry for my little rant, I couldn't care less if anyone decides to quote me and flame, argue or insult me. Go ahead, be my guest. I'm very scared :ohnoes:

(PS: Though my sig has members stats in the hiscores I am currently f2p, just so you know that I am actually not one of these 'arrogant members snobs'.)

happysigbp0.jpg

Ideas?

your a moron.. you wanted to kill Jagex members with a m4?!?

you want caslte wars?

you want better armor

you want more stuff??

THEN PAY!!!! you dont pay, you dont get updates - thats like that in the real world. get use to it. you cant walk into a shop and say "can i have that {insert item here} for free cause i cant afford it.

your a moron.. you wanted to kill Jagex members with a m4?!?
Before I comment on the rest of your post, senseless insults have no place here.

you want caslte wars?

you want better armor

you want more stuff??

THEN PAY!!!! you dont pay, you dont get updates - that's like that in the real world. get use to it. you cant walk into a shop and say "can i have that {insert item here} for free cause i cant afford it.

I do agree with most of what you said. However, we don't pay and we still do get updates once or twice a year. All I have been asking for is for Jagex to consider Bank Space as one of our updates, not an extra one. Same deal with skill capes. Have we earned it? That is debatable. Should we get them? I personally believe so, as do many members I have spoken to in-game.

yah i was going to put this results in a debate of skillcapes but gonna put here

95.7% of the members i interview (154 total) said that they pay for Updates & skills that members have

The others 4.3% are for skillcapes (1 day only but stayed)

My stats

siggymv6.png

How about a small Construction upgrade?

F2P can make items up to Oak, servants can go up to the Cook, do not have some of the highest level items, and you can only have the basic portal.

No, I wouldn't want that. Being able to fletch our own arrows before construction

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

yeah fletching to rangers f2ps would be great REALLY

it would make the arrow Merchants to sell for lower price some arrows

My stats

siggymv6.png