Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Why can't F2P have voting rights?

I was incredibly disgusted when I saw that that the holiday item poll was P2P only. Holiday "quests" are basically the only updates around for F2P, except for Make-over updates, like the cows, the imps, or Varrock. Now, I find out I can vote for the Holiday items I want! No more dressing up like a 2 year old at Halloween! Wrong! It had to be P2P!

And, I support another ad banner for F2P!

E_D_G_E_1039, make it a suggestion!

While I somewhat agree with you, Jagex had a good reason for making the polls members only. If left open for everyone to participate, especially with polls that actually effect the game, some people would create multiple accounts just to vote for their choices multiple times.

I thought of it for a second, but they can block IP's from voting more than once. I think Jagex has much more cash to invest into that than Tip.It, yet for our polls, it works perfectly.

Then again, I don't think you have to log in to vote on Tip.it. Why do you need to log in for the official polls :?:

What about situations where more than one player shares a computer? Is it fair that I would get to vote and my boyfriend wouldn't simply because I saw the new poll first?

Ananke32.png

I think F2p should be limited to 5 months game time, you can only get all your stats to 80, the wilderness is shorter, you can only explore lumbridge, you can only eat cabbage, and you can't look at any game maps.

Oh and your only item is a new weapon, a rubber square dagger. It's stats are the amazing -1,465 in everything. You can mine and cut trees with it.

Just kidding.

I think F2p is fine how it is... Why limit it so much? It's FREE to PLAY. PAY to PLAY is for people who spend 5 or more dollars a month. and if they don't log on in 6 months when there account is deleated, the 5 dollars is still taken out, until you cancle it.

Notice the "just kidding"?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Why can't F2P have voting rights?

I was incredibly disgusted when I saw that that the holiday item poll was P2P only. Holiday "quests" are basically the only updates around for F2P, except for Make-over updates, like the cows, the imps, or Varrock. Now, I find out I can vote for the Holiday items I want! No more dressing up like a 2 year old at Halloween! Wrong! It had to be P2P!

And, I support another ad banner for F2P!

E_D_G_E_1039, make it a suggestion!

While I somewhat agree with you, Jagex had a good reason for making the polls members only. If left open for everyone to participate, especially with polls that actually effect the game, some people would create multiple accounts just to vote for their choices multiple times.

I thought of it for a second, but they can block IP's from voting more than once. I think Jagex has much more cash to invest into that than Tip.It, yet for our polls, it works perfectly.

Then again, I don't think you have to log in to vote on Tip.it. Why do you need to log in for the official polls :?:

What about situations where more than one player shares a computer? Is it fair that I would get to vote and my boyfriend wouldn't simply because I saw the new poll first?

This is where I'm stuck too.

Sorry for the double-post :oops:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

id like to have snare open to f2p

i mean, come on...bind???!!! it just holds for 5 secs, and 5 secs doesnt do anything.

while im at it, prayer pots would also be nice =D. it would make prayer much more useful :D

Staurolite.png

More F2P Bank space!
Which hopefully will come out this year. The holiday & random event items take up all my bank space except a few spaces. Also, I think better magician armor would be nice.

the only thing is....that you can just destroy the holiday items so they dont take up bank space. then later if you really want them get them from diango.

(btw i support more f2p bank space :o )

100% f2p 8-)

rampage30.png

MSSW3sig.png

But you can't simply destroy your random event items. And if you have them all, it takes up a lot of space.

Where to begin...

first, f2p needs some more bank space. At least fill out the last row and give us 1 more row please.

second, f2p magic needs a major update. We don't have any good robes, and our best bind spell is... Bind! 5 seconds! Maybe opening up snare would be nice.

it would also be nice if f2p could get another quest... maybe in connection with those new wizzy robes? :pray:

dragons in f2p would also be really great, along with dragon bones.

on that subject, perhaps open up dragon bones for f2p, as well as prayer pots (though only p2p can make them)

Crossbows aren't that great in f2p, so maybe we could get a couple more crossbows along with bolts to go with them, say up to mithril minus the blurite and dorgeshuun?

naturally we won't get most of this, but i would really like to see at least the first two updates in the next year or so :pray: :pray: :pray:

F2p got 2 new wheatfields and a better looking dragonfire shield, so stop whining about the lack of updates.

New wheatfields?

Wow...that is one very useful update.

Atleast you got it... jagex could've just dumped their sewage there for f2p.

So are you saying the F2P is equivelent to a toilet?

Saying the F2P is just crap?

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

F2p got 2 new wheatfields and a better looking dragonfire shield, so stop whining about the lack of updates.

New wheatfields?

Ok, I can sense a big argument will start here so I'll just chime in....

Agunimon -

Your logic is stupid. You are saying that f2ps should be happy because they got 2 new wheatfields, and that they should be happy just because they got an update. So if they got an update where they say have a level cap, they should be happy with that? No! Also, f2p isnt a toilet. You're a toilet.

Jemathonical -

You get everything for free. Yes, you don't have to be happy with 2 new wheat fields, but you SHOULD be happy with what you have. F2p is entirely free, you get all that for fee. More bank space, fine, but seriously, be happy with what you've got. Oh an if you're just angry because agunimon iplied you were a toilet, sorry, just a misunderstanding, in which case completely disregard this.

Anyway, yeah

happysigbp0.jpg

Where to begin...

first, f2p needs some more bank space. At least fill out the last row and give us 1 more row please.

second, f2p magic needs a major update. We don't have any good robes, and our best bind spell is... Bind! 5 seconds! Maybe opening up snare would be nice.

it would also be nice if f2p could get another quest... maybe in connection with those new wizzy robes? :pray:

dragons in f2p would also be really great, along with dragon bones.

on that subject, perhaps open up dragon bones for f2p, as well as prayer pots (though only p2p can make them)

Crossbows aren't that great in f2p, so maybe we could get a couple more crossbows along with bolts to go with them, say up to mithril minus the blurite and dorgeshuun?

Aren't you getting a little too demanding for a free game? As many other people have said, $5 bucks isn't alot for unlocking the rest of the 90% or so of the game. That's about 30c a day. Unless you're really poor and can't afford it, it won't kill you to save 30 cents a day.

that is true, but how can we get a better view of the whole game without regular updates?

the members game has about 300 bank spaces; we have 60. this means we have less space to train our skills up. training is one of the main reasons why i haven't become a member yet, since i don't want to become a member without high enough lvls to take advantage of everything mems entails.

the reason for wanting new wizard robes is to make all of the combat skills more equal. warriors and rangers both have multiple sets of armor available, while mages only have the equivalent of full bronze (minus platelegs and kite shield) or full soft leather (without the chaps). we mages need better armor so we can compete better with warriors and rangers.

New wheatfields?

Nope, just saying, atleast you got 2 new wheatfields, doesn't have to be a useful update, atleast you got it. And you got a better looking dragonfire shield, so there's your update. Sewage is just a um... expression?

Judging by your posts, I say Jagex should've dumped their virtual sewage there.

Actually, f2p didn't get the dragonfire shield (you are thinking anti-dragon breath shield), and the newly re-imaged anti-dragon breath shield we have isn't that useful in f2p without dragons! I still use it while I am maging, but it would be nice to have 1) a better magic shield, and 2) green dragons in f2p so we can use those anti-dragon breath shields after completing Dragon Slayer.

I'm happy we have gotten some updates, but I would like to see the few updates we do get have some use.

Jemathonical -

You get everything for free. Yes, you don't have to be happy with 2 new wheat fields, but you SHOULD be happy with what you have. F2p is entirely free, you get all that for fee. More bank space, fine, but seriously, be happy with what you've got. Oh an if you're just angry because agunimon iplied you were a toilet, sorry, just a misunderstanding, in which case completely disregard this.

Anyway, yeah

I am happy with what I've got. I'm just angry when Members think they are bigger than F2Pers and say how cheap and scummy we are.

Judging by your posts, I say Jagex should've dumped their virtual sewage there.

What do you mean? Since when does my posts have anything to do with F2P and virtual sewage?

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

If you ever try to act like your all high and mighty, better than everyone else and act like a stuck up little brat, you are really going to anger a lot of people.

When anyone tries to demean me or a community I am part of by saying that me or my community is trash, it a surefire way to [tick] me off.

If you try to say that everyone else but you is cheap and scummy and trash, you by defenition, are the cheap scummy trash.

tfssig.png

Its not fair but, I would hope free to play gets cutted out, Removed ..

That is a pretty stupid idea. Runescape would probably die because no new members would be joining the game. I know it's hard to believe but all members came from F2P, I know it's shocking, but it's true...

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

If you ever try to act like your all high and mighty, better than everyone else and act like a stuck up little brat, you are really going to anger a lot of people.

When anyone tries to demean me or a community I am part of by saying that me or my community is trash, it a surefire way to [tick] me off.

If you try to say that everyone else but you is cheap and scummy and trash, you by defenition, are the cheap scummy trash.

Now who's acting all high and mighty? :shame:

Ananke32.png

I can understand having capes of achievement, but many of them are in P2P areas-Fishing guild, Warrior's Guild, Rangers' Guild...etc.

Although a few new things wouldn't be bad, such as halberds.

And Jema...I started out P2P... :anxious:

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream